**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dragon Man v. Abyss Red Skull

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,992 ★★★★★
I’m preparing for my last run in Abyss and I’m finalizing my team. Having already fought this Red Skull with Doom twice, I’m really hoping for a more efficient counter. I know I could Ronan cheese it, but that’s not as fun.

So this brings me to Dragon Man. When the opponent is cornered, they have 70% reduced combat power rate when in the corner and he deals additional burst damage per hit per buff on the opponent. I have mine at 5/65 sig 200. Has anybody tried this matchup? Do we think it could work?

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I’m preparing for my last run in Abyss and I’m finalizing my team. Having already fought this Red Skull with Doom twice, I’m really hoping for a more efficient counter. I know I could Ronan cheese it, but that’s not as fun.

So this brings me to Dragon Man. When the opponent is cornered, they have 70% reduced combat power rate when in the corner and he deals additional burst damage per hit per buff on the opponent. I have mine at 5/65 sig 200. Has anybody tried this matchup? Do we think it could work?

Good question, going to favorite this thread.
    Wicket329 said:

Why not bring Dragon man and doom?

He also gets an attack bonus for each armor up so that can be a nasty discovery!
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Texas_11 said:

Wicket329 said:

He also gets an attack bonus for each armor up so that can be a nasty discovery!
    I mean, the 5th slot would be better taken by someone else but sure.

Texas_11 said:

Wicket329 said:

I mean, the 5th slot would be better taken by someone else but sure.
    Well, we don’t know what path he is running. Assuming it’s 5 he doesn’t need anyone but

Aegon
    Void / Torch
    Fury
    Open slot= doom/ bishop counter
    Open slot -
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,992 ★★★★★
    So the plan is Aegon, Doom, Dragon Man, Fury, and Torch. Yes, I’m doing path 5. If I weren’t taking dragon man, I’d probably bring Void because he’s more reliable than torch for the Gulk takedown.

Does his sig attack bonus stack with duplicate buffs? That’s another part of his kit I’ve never been sure of but I hope that’s true

This is my current plan
  • dragonman wouldnt do great, he has too many hits on his specials.
    That’s a good point about the number of hits. What about an sp3 rotation with suicides? While it’s not his most time efficient damage output, the unstoppable/healing on him would be a useful tool to just bash away at red skull in the corner. Just mix heavies into the combo so that he goes unblockable and I won’t have to worry about attacking into his block and taking damage
    Soooo since making this post I pulled and r3’d a Doom. That’ll be more efficient than my 5* was and it’s probably safer to bring in Void for the Gladiator Hulk fight than Dragon Man just for fun.

That being said, if anybody sees this and is feeling adventurous, I would absolutely love to see/hear about Dragon Man vs. Abyss Red Skull
    Thanks for the update on this and congrats on doom.