**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

T5cc offer

DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
So cyber weekend t5cc couldn't be included in the offers for cavalier players because of balance. This weekend not even a full week later we again see this. What are cavalier player's thoughts on seeing this offer today?

Comments

• DodgerDogDodgerDog Posts: 86
    Don’t do it
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    I don't understand the logic. People wanted T5CCs in the CM Deals. Now they're offering some and it's an insult? What's the difference between paying for them one day and paying for them another?
    DrZola said:

I’m on the cusp of a fully formed T5 in one class and working on a couple others. This isn’t an offer I would jump at because it is (1) pRNG driven and (2) too expensive and (3) too light on shards for the price.

What does concern me, however, is what has happened to the 4* Challenge objective. That thread was closed and there has been no word since to my knowledge.

If the TB titles and gifts come out before there’s a reasonable shot at the 10% crystal in the 4* Challenge objective, I would interpret that move provocatively—that is, as a stick in the eye of veteran Cavaliers.

There’s no need for that.

Dr. Zola

It's been answered. It's coming later.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,543 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

I’m on the cusp of a fully formed T5 in one class and working on a couple others. This isn’t an offer I would jump at because it is (1) pRNG driven and (2) too expensive and (3) too light on shards for the price.

What does concern me, however, is what has happened to the 4* Challenge objective. That thread was closed and there has been no word since to my knowledge.

If the TB titles and gifts come out before there’s a reasonable shot at the 10% crystal in the 4* Challenge objective, I would interpret that move provocatively—that is, as a stick in the eye of veteran Cavaliers.

Dr. Zola

And the date would be when?

Dr. Zola
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    They didn't specify. All they said was they asked the team and it's coming later. I presume it's because there's a great deal going on at the moment.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Dshu said:

So cyber weekend t5cc couldn't be included in the offers for cavalier players because of balance. This weekend not even a full week later we again see this. What are cavalier player's thoughts on seeing this offer today?

T5CC is available to Cav players in lots of ways. That's how you get to TB. That offer (terrible value) is for 8-2% T5CC. Just because it wasn't in the cyber weekend deals, doesn't mean it won't ever not show up in any other offers. In fact, all T5CC offers outside of cyber weekend have been offered to Cav players, and in fact, all players.

Yes Cav players were fairly shafted on Cyber Weekend deals but doesn't mean anything other than Kabam making a bad choice.
    My post was poorly worded. What I should have said is how do cavalier players feel about this offer after ranting about the lack of cyber weekend t5cc offers. The demands for t5cc on cyber weekend showed kabam that cavalier players on the cusp of thronebreaker are searching for the few shards they needed. This offer seems like their response. If you want them that badly here is a bad offer for them.
  • BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    I'm putting all my hopes into that 25% crystal at the end of 7.1. To me that one crystal will separate me from something that I know will only bumb me out on Christmas and that 6 star awakening gem glory.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    They didn't specify. All they said was they asked the team and it's coming later. I presume it's because there's a great deal going on at the moment.
    Out of genuine curiosity (since I don’t do the 4* challenge), I have to ask, under what circumstances is it of benefit to the player base to have special objectives pushed into a shorter time line during a busy month?
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

I'm putting all my hopes into that 25% crystal at the end of 7.1. To me that one crystal will separate me from something that I know will only bumb me out on Christmas and that 6 star awakening gem glory.

I think a lot of people should temper their expectations about Christmas. If people should have learned anything on cyber weekend, it's that expecting assumptions to come to fruition can lead to a lot of disappointment
    I’m hoping its a box as of matches. To light my coal with. Gonna be a long winter.
    Lovejoy72 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Out of genuine curiosity (since I don’t do the 4* challenge), I have to ask, under what circumstances is it of benefit to the player base to have special objectives pushed into a shorter time line during a busy month?
    I have no idea. I'm just speculating. There's a great deal already going on right now.
    Lovejoy72 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    I have no idea. I'm just speculating. There's a great deal already going on right now.
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    It’s not always a 4* challenge. First month it was, second month it wasn’t and third moth is was again.

My guess is that they have a “surprise” side quest lined up for the holidays and it will be tied in with that.

If they haven’t released it yet 99% sure it’s not going to just be a case of clearing each map of EQ with a 4*

I think a lot of people should temper their expectations about Christmas. If people should have learned anything on cyber weekend, it's that expecting assumptions to come to fruition can lead to a lot of disappointment
    I agree with this. There’s a lot of stuff in game right now that really blows rewards from even a year ago out of the water.

I’m going to compliment Kabam on something here: to date, they haven’t super-hyped the gift or the holiday calendars. That’s wise. Expectations management is a grossly undervalued skill in life, and they would do well to overdeliver on a reasonable promise versus underwhelming customers after undue hype.

As a long time Cavalier, my expectations are fairly tempered at this stage. My account needs a little nudge, but I don’t expect it to arrive via “gifts.” I also fully expect the disparity between Cav and TB gifts/freebies to be somewhat galling to parts of the community. That will offend some, motivate some and harden the resolve of others.

Ultimately, we have the great luck of being able to spend an inordinate amount of time playing a game with our thumbs and fingers. Allowing that game to cast any kind of pall over one of the most incredible and meaningful seasons of the year is something I don’t plan to do.

Dr. Zola
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★

Lovejoy72 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    It’s not always a 4* challenge. First month it was, second month it wasn’t and third moth is was again.

My guess is that they have a “surprise” side quest lined up for the holidays and it will be tied in with that.

If they haven’t released it yet 99% sure it’s not going to just be a case of clearing each map of EQ with a 4*
    If it's just going to be the same 4* objective as last month why not release it now? That would make no sense. Because of that it's probably something holiday related, that would be the only explanation for not releasing it when the new EQ started.

However, people are holding off 100% exploration because they don't want to have to run 6 paths twice and we have no idea what the objective is going to be. So @DrZola has a very valid point. It's holding up 2 different chances at T5CC.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    Kabam deserves the $0 they get from me.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020

I don't understand the logic. People wanted T5CCs in the CM Deals. Now they're offering some and it's an insult? What's the difference between paying for them one day and paying for them another?

Like you would say anything else, LOL.

People get mad because Kabam has an infinite supply of these virtual resources yet makes us pay ginormous amounts for tiny trickles of them. CW deals were an insult because they shoehorned Cav players into only being able to rank up 5 star champs, for the most part, vs the offers they had in July which gave us a choice. This deal is just another example of a terribly priced deal, based on RNG, asking for large amounts of money for almost nothing in return.

Just because YOU do not understand the logic doesn't mean the logic is unsound, I hope you know.

These deals have nothing to do with logic, anyway. I cannot say more without upsetting the management, apparently.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Was this 72 hours lol?

Lovejoy72 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola

If it's just going to be the same 4* objective as last month why not release it now? That would make no sense. Because of that it's probably something holiday related, that would be the only explanation for not releasing it when the new EQ started.

However, people are holding off 100% exploration because they don't want to have to run 6 paths twice and we have no idea what the objective is going to be. So @DrZola has a very valid point. It's holding up 2 different chances at T5CC.
    A couple of things:

Who disagrees with the last few posts, including yours and mine? Seems petty, in my opinion.

Second, why not just announce there won’t be a 4* Cav challenge? What’s the harm? But if there is going to be one, what’s the harm in announcing that? Why delay or obfuscate?

December 10 is the day the holiday calendars begin, including the TB calendar. Announcing additional gameplay options to get T5c shards after that point seems disconnected.

If it’s all to make TBs feel special as long as possible, just say so. Over the next couple of months, it’s hard to believe T5c shards won’t become easier and easier to come by. The Cav challenge is a random 10% crystal and unlikely to be a major game changer for anyone who hasn’t played and/or spent a fair amount in game over its 6 years.

Just make an announcement—one way or another—and get on with it.

Dr. Zola