**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Master EQ Chapter 2.1 Emma Frost Help

Danyal_39Danyal_39 Posts: 151
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
As the tittle suggests, I'm having difficulties with dealing with Master difficulty EQ Chapter 2 Quest 1 Emma Frost Boss. She has Special Bias-1 , some node where you get power sting when you get hit, and some more nodes. Problem is that I'm having difficulties dealing and timing that Emma's Special 1 which I find quite tricky due to reversed controls. Can someone advise me how to deal with that Special 1 without getting tripped, or any suggestion about timing it correctly. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

My top roster is:
5* Stealthy 2/35 (Unduped)
4* Dr. Doom 4/40 (Sig 20)
4* She-Hulk 4/40 (Sig 20)
4* Venom 4/40 (Unduped)
5* Invisible Woman 3/39 (Unduped)
4* Havok 4/40 (Sig 3)
4* Omega Red 4/40 (Unduped)
4* Killmonger 4/40 (Sig 20)
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    can Invisible woman be used? Cause she become invisible when dexing. I personally don't think it is possible with Invisible woman as according to Emma's spotlight she throws psychic projectile which are unmissable. Anyone who've Invisible Woman against can tell that?
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I used Aarkus and/or Hyperion for the one in UC. Haven't done cav difficulty yet, but I assume they'd still work.
  • Options
    @Kill_Grey Can you tell me how you used them?
  • Options
    Danyal_39 said:

@Kill_Grey Can you tell me how you used them?

With Hyperion, just spam SP 2 for the armor break when you have 2 bars from matador. From there, you can spam heavies and more special 2. Unfortunately, you'd take power sting damage, but it's not that big tbh.

With Aarkus, throw special 3 at the start them throw special 2, then special 3, then cycle special 2.
  • Options
    Well, do you guys think it is possible to complete Master EQ with only 4* 4/40s? I can parry consistently but not reliably but I sucks at intercepts. I'm also very bad at spacing and combo chaining and baiting specials.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Venom can work. Use heavy for the armor break, and the fight should be pretty much over.

Although, you have to throw it when she leaves diamond form at above a bar of power.
  • Options
    ShannokShannok Posts: 110
    Magneto has reverse control immunity
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    I always block the special 1
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Danyal_39 said:

Well, do you guys think it is possible to complete Master EQ with only 4* 4/40s? I can parry consistently but not reliably but I sucks at intercepts. I'm also very bad at spacing and combo chaining and baiting specials.

You can definitely do master with 4/40s. Stick to perfecting parries and baiting specials before learning how to intercept. It’ll all come with time. My advice for Emma frost is to block her specials. That’s normally what I do because one of my least favorite interactions in the game is reverse controls.
  • Options
    RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Yep I try to stick to SP1 out of habit, block the first hit then dex the second by swiping right (inverted controls make attack dex).

Don't try to dex both hits if you're not sure because that could easily mess up your progress and if it happens too often then you'll have to revive or restart the quest.