**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Variant 4 - 3.2 and Caustic Temper

ChobblyChobbly Posts: 835 ★★★★
Hi all. I’m working my way through Variant 4 and really enjoying it - or rather was until I got to chapter 3.2 and the Caustic Temper path.

I never had Hulk as a 1* so am facing spending thousands of units on revives or on the 2*/1* hero crystals. Are there any other options or should I just write off the progress in Variant 4?

Using vision and doing between 5 and 10 points of damage per hit isn’t something I want to entertain...

Comments

• ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Chobbly said:

Hi all. I’m working my way through Variant 4 and really enjoying it - or rather was until I got to chapter 3.2 and the Caustic Temper path.

I never had Hulk as a 1* so am facing spending thousands of units on revives or on the 2*/1* hero crystals. Are there any other options or should I just write off the progress in Variant 4?

Using vision and doing between 5 and 10 points of damage per hit isn’t something I want to entertain...

Use Vision and boost to the gills. Or you can buy the hero crystals and hope for the best
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 835 ★★★★
    Chikel said:

Use Vision and boost to the gills. Or you can buy the hero crystals and hope for the best

I’ve tried boosting and then using Vision but it only adds a couple of points of damage per hit. And even just the first fight against Elektra would be around 500 hits, doing between 8 and 10 damage per hit on average.

Buying hero crystals is one option but it could involve spending thousands of credits for a 1* that won’t get used in any other content.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I would wait. Or if you have Gamora, she has fury so you can at least get some good damage in each time.

I would wait. Or if you have Gamora, she has fury so you can at least get some good damage in each time.

Is there a 1* Gamora?
    Chobbly said:

Chikel said:

I’ve tried boosting and then using Vision but it only adds a couple of points of damage per hit. And even just the first fight against Elektra would be around 500 hits, doing between 8 and 10 damage per hit on average.

Buying hero crystals is one option but it could involve spending thousands of credits for a 1* that won’t get used in any other content.
    Maybe set a unit limit after which you will brute force it with Vision
  • Skygod69Skygod69 Posts: 10
    Chikel said:

Is there a 1* Gamora?
    Yeah Gamora is available as a 1*
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 835 ★★★★
    From the celebration arenas and buying hero crystals I’ve popped about twenty so far. A 1* Iron Man and a 1* dupe (which doesn’t do anything) of Black Panther is all I’ve got out of these.

Might put this variant back on the shelf for a while, until I end up trapped in a weird time vortex where half hour fights with a Vision that only does tickle-level damage to an opponent seems like a fun thing to do :/
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’d wait if I were you. The last chapter even with hulk is not fun. It’s definitely better but still not fun. I ran one of the paths yesterday and it cost me too many revives even with hulk.