**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Variant 4 - 3.2 and Caustic Temper

ChobblyChobbly Posts: 904 ★★★★
Hi all. I’m working my way through Variant 4 and really enjoying it - or rather was until I got to chapter 3.2 and the Caustic Temper path.

I never had Hulk as a 1* so am facing spending thousands of units on revives or on the 2*/1* hero crystals. Are there any other options or should I just write off the progress in Variant 4?

Using vision and doing between 5 and 10 points of damage per hit isn’t something I want to entertain...

Comments

• Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,081 ★★★★
    Chobbly said:

Hi all. I’m working my way through Variant 4 and really enjoying it - or rather was until I got to chapter 3.2 and the Caustic Temper path.

I never had Hulk as a 1* so am facing spending thousands of units on revives or on the 2*/1* hero crystals. Are there any other options or should I just write off the progress in Variant 4?

Using vision and doing between 5 and 10 points of damage per hit isn’t something I want to entertain...

Use Vision and boost to the gills. Or you can buy the hero crystals and hope for the best
  • Options
    Chikel said:

Use Vision and boost to the gills. Or you can buy the hero crystals and hope for the best

I’ve tried boosting and then using Vision but it only adds a couple of points of damage per hit. And even just the first fight against Elektra would be around 500 hits, doing between 8 and 10 damage per hit on average.

Buying hero crystals is one option but it could involve spending thousands of credits for a 1* that won’t get used in any other content.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I would wait. Or if you have Gamora, she has fury so you can at least get some good damage in each time.
  • Options

I would wait. Or if you have Gamora, she has fury so you can at least get some good damage in each time.

Is there a 1* Gamora?
  • Options
    Chobbly said:

Chikel said:

I’ve tried boosting and then using Vision but it only adds a couple of points of damage per hit. And even just the first fight against Elektra would be around 500 hits, doing between 8 and 10 damage per hit on average.

Buying hero crystals is one option but it could involve spending thousands of credits for a 1* that won’t get used in any other content.
    Maybe set a unit limit after which you will brute force it with Vision
  • Options
    Skygod69Skygod69 Posts: 10
    Chikel said:

Is there a 1* Gamora?
    Yeah Gamora is available as a 1*
  • Options
    From the celebration arenas and buying hero crystals I’ve popped about twenty so far. A 1* Iron Man and a 1* dupe (which doesn’t do anything) of Black Panther is all I’ve got out of these.

Might put this variant back on the shelf for a while, until I end up trapped in a weird time vortex where half hour fights with a Vision that only does tickle-level damage to an opponent seems like a fun thing to do :/
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,606 ★★★★★
    I’d wait if I were you. The last chapter even with hulk is not fun. It’s definitely better but still not fun. I ran one of the paths yesterday and it cost me too many revives even with hulk.