**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss Path 2 Advice

RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hey everyone, so after the act 6 compensation, I’m planning to take on my second path of abyss. I’m going to be running the ‘traditional path 2’ and I’m hoping for some advice on the fights.

Here’s my plan so far:

Darkhawk - Void
Luke Cage - Stealthy
Dormammu - Torch
Mephisto - Torch
Cap Marvel - Doom
Ghost - Ægon
IMIW - Ægon
Joe Fixit - Ægon
Mordo - Torch
Deadpool - Torch
Korg - Doom
Taskmaster - Ægon
Modok - Ægon
Howard the duck - Ægon
Hyperion - Doom
The Champion - Doom
Green Goblin - Ægon
Punisher 2099 - Ægon/Torch
Loki - Ægon
Ægon- Doom
Invisible Woman - Ægon
Cull Obsidian - Doom
Unit Collector - Ægon

My Doom, stealthy, torch and Void are all 5/65’s and my Ægon will be 6* R3 and around sig 40-45.

I know this team can theoretically handle this path, but my main concern is that I haven’t unlocked despair. At all. So while I know Void can take down darkhawk, I’m concerned about whether torch can actually take down Deadpool without despair. Obviously I need to keep 5 incinerates up at all times, and I really don’t know how proactively this is; and I don’t want to get roadblocked. So if someone could let me know whether torch will work without despair that would be amazing

My second concern is punisher 2099. How bad is that block damage, and should I be using torch or Ægon? My theory with torch is he’ll build a ton of smoulders. Also, is he updated?

I’ve included pictures of my roster below just in case anyone sees a truck I’m missing or if there is a better option

If I completely can’t do path 2 due to the despair thing, I could also run path 3. I do need to do a path to use up my items though.

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Torch doesn't gain smoulders from blocking P99's specials.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Torch doesn't gain smoulders from blocking P99's specials.

He doesn’t? I assumed they were energy attacks

Ægon it is then
  • Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    maaaaaaajor mistake, u can NOT do green goblin with aegon, you need nick fury or magneto cz he only takes damage from nick's bleeds and his ability to ignore armor, or when he's under an armor break effect which magneto can keep the entire fight. U can get roadblocked if u have neither champs. keep that in mind
    darkhawk can be solo's by magneto so put him instead of void.

Aegon Magneto Torch Stealthy Doom is ur dream team

and u should probably read the champs' abilities since u had torch as a second option for punisher 2099, u need 2 unique buffs on urself to do normal damage, and no punisher is still the old pre nerf version.

About the despair issue, with 3/3 deadpool was a joke, with 2/3 it took a bit longer, but without despair at ALL im actually not entirely sure.
    Normax_X said:

maaaaaaajor mistake, u can NOT do green goblin with aegon, you need nick fury or magneto cz he only takes damage from nick's bleeds and his ability to ignore armor, or when he's under an armor break effect which magneto can keep the entire fight. U can get roadblocked if u have neither champs. keep that in mind

I thought crits bypassed armour and physics resist? But you what, Magneto might be a better shout anyway over Void since I don’t have despair.

Normax_X said:

I thought crits bypassed armour and physics resist? But you what, Magneto might be a better shout anyway over Void since I don’t have despair.
    nope nick and mags r by far the best options, i edited my text again and added some more stuff to it, be sure to read it again so u dont get confused mid run
    Normax_X said:

and u should probably read the champs' abilities since u had torch as a second option for punisher 2099, u need 2 unique buffs on urself to do normal damage, and no punisher is still the old pre nerf version.

About the despair issue, with 3/3 deadpool was a joke, with 2/3 it took a bit longer, but without despair at ALL im actually not entirely sure.

Nick Fury bypasses physical resistance and not armor.
    Kill_Grey said:

Normax_X said:

Nick Fury bypasses physical resistance and not armor.
    yh my bad lol i just know he was gd for the fight

Normax_X said:

Normax_X said:

nope nick and mags r by far the best options, i edited my text again and added some more stuff to it, be sure to read it again so u dont get confused mid run
    Yeah I’m not super clear on the abyssal enhancements, that’s why I made the thread because I know there is a lot more knowledgeable people than me on this subject

And thanks, your info is super helpful. I might have to invest in despair, as much as it pains me

Normax_X said:

Normax_X said:

Yeah I’m not super clear on the abyssal enhancements, that’s why I made the thread because I know there is a lot more knowledgeable people than me on this subject

And thanks, your info is super helpful. I might have to invest in despair, as much as it pains me
    yeah man for the long run its very helpful, i unlocked it before abyss and i never take it off, claire sunspot capmovie capiw mags void etc they all benefit from it
  • Barani7daBarani7da Posts: 663 ★★
    I think sealth Spidey can go for korg
    It's maybe worth or maybe not
    It's upto urs
    Normax_X said:

Normax_X said:

Normax_X said:

yeah man for the long run its very helpful, i unlocked it before abyss and i never take it off, claire sunspot capmovie capiw mags void etc they all benefit from it
    I might just bite the bullet and get it then. Is it best to invest for 3/3 or does 2/3 suffice?

Normax_X said:

Normax_X said:

Normax_X said:

I might just bite the bullet and get it then. Is it best to invest for 3/3 or does 2/3 suffice?
    Max.
    Kill_Grey said:

Normax_X said:

Normax_X said:

Normax_X said:

Max.
    Ugh. My poor unit stash

Kill_Grey said:

Normax_X said:

Normax_X said:

Normax_X said:

Max.
    Ugh. My poor unit stash
    Said no arena grinder ever.
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    edited December 2020

Consider my suggestion... If u go on the path 2 used in the above pic and switch your doom with Symbiote supreme than it will be better... In that case u can use symbiote supreme to fight venom the duck and aegon and u can solo these champs....
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    1. you will need despair for other fights in the abyss (hulk/cable) you better invest in it once'm for all

2.better bring Nick for Goblin/Iw

3.Punisher99 should be crazier now with his block damage since he has been updated (if that's include abyssal punisher) he will keep the attk going at all times procing his L1 must be a pain (, you better farm some health potions)

Also Torch is trash in that fight i think unless his l1 bulletts are energetic which i don't think it' is

i don't think void is good in this path best he can do is solo Darkhawk and joe fixit which is a little compared to other champions

***Nick fury *** +20% attk For Aegob that's crazy for a R3 you better pack him up in the team

1. you will need despair for other fights in the abyss (hulk/cable) you better invest in it once'm for all

2.better bring Nick for Goblin/Iw

3.Punisher99 should be crazier now with his block damage since he has been updated (if that's include abyssal punisher) he will keep the attk going at all times procing his L1 must be a pain (, you better farm some health potions)

Also Torch is trash in that fight i think unless his l1 bulletts are energetic which i don't think it' is

i don't think void is good in this path best he can do is solo Darkhawk and joe fixit which is a little compared to other champions

***Nick fury *** +20% attk For Aegob that's crazy for a R3 you better pack him up in the team

Unfortunately I don’t have Nick fury. Only horseman I don’t have
    edited December 2020

Consider my suggestion... If u go on the path 2 used in the above pic and switch your doom with Symbiote supreme than it will be better... In that case u can use symbiote supreme to fight venom the duck and aegon and u can solo these champs....

That’s the pic I’ve been going off. Don’t really want to fight VTD with Sun Supreme, it bugged out on me during my completion and cost a lot of revives, and there’s Korg, who doom is probably better for. I think doom can solo Ægon as well. I’ll have a think about it though, I used Sym for initial completion since I didn’t have doom then and he worked alright
    HI_guys said:

P99 l1 is bullets so no smoulders. I think same goes for l2. If you can I'd suggest awakening and max sig Magneto since ther eis. Lot of benefits

Unfortunately no mutant gem or stones, otherwise I absolutely would
  • HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★

That’s the pic I’ve been going off. Don’t really want to fight VTD with Sun Supreme, it bugged out on me during my completion and cost a lot of revives, and there’s Korg, who doom is probably better for. I think doom can solo Ægon as well. I’ll have a think about it though, I used Sym for initial completion since I didn’t have doom then and he worked alright

What problem do u face when using SS against VTD?? For me it was a solo both the times... The fight goes like this . ... VTD throw sp1 which give him 10 buffs.Than Use sp3 of SS. He will nuliffy his buffs and again reach sp3. Again allow VTD to throw his sp1 and repeat the above process..... Also in the pic which I shared u will not have to fight korg on path 2 ....

Also as someone above suggested, u should buy despair mastery as it will be used in other paths as well. U will easily recover it's cost by the number of revives it will save..... Also replace your void with someone who can be a counter for green Goblin....

What problem do u face when using SS against VTD?? For me it was a solo both the times... The fight goes like this . ... VTD throw sp1 which give him 10 buffs.Than Use sp3 of SS. He will nuliffy his buffs and again reach sp3. Again allow VTD to throw his sp1 and repeat the above process..... Also in the pic which I shared u will not have to fight korg on path 2 ....

Also as someone above suggested, u should buy despair mastery as it will be used in other paths as well. U will easily recover it's cost by the number of revives it will save..... Also replace your void with someone who can be a counter for green Goblin....
    Yeah I’ve just got despair 3/3 and I’m going to bring magneto instead of void

It’s was really weird, Sym Supreme wasn’t triggering his blessings after his SP3, he would only get the bleed one, but he would get the protection buff. And he wasn’t nullifying all of VTD’s buffs, for whatever reason he wouldn’t nullify the power gain ones. I took screenshots

@Rockypantherx Have you fought green goblin with magneto yet? Be sure to post here and tell us how it goes. I am also planning to do this path and bringing magneto cause I don't have Nick fury.

Nah it’ll probably be a few days before I go in. Getting 7.1 cleaned up first. I’ll let you. Hopefully it goes alright

Just wanted to update this and thank you all. Got it done unitless.

@Hellblazer120 Mags works for green goblin but it’s rough. You can take off about 5% of his health per SP3 and the subsequent bleeds, but you need to use a SP2 first and keep the armour break up. It’s pretty finicky but doable. Clearly