**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6 got the last laugh

Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★

Ever since the nerfs hit, I believed I had a chance. And once I experienced firsthand how much the attack values had been dropped, I knew I had a chance. Now, at long last, I’ve toppled the penultimate boss of act 6 - Mordo (the grandmaster is a breeze in comparison to the nightmare that is 6.2.5) and claimed my rewards in triumph and ecstasy. “I’ve done it!” I said to myself.

How foolish. How naive.

Here’s my six star roster, and I’m sure you can tell which champs I’m looking to take to r3 (and if not, I’ll spell it out for you: prof x, Hulkbuster, or Longshot)

So what is it then, that broke my spirits? Well I don’t have screenshots because I was too busy staring in dismay, but out of

My fully formed t5cc crystal: I get science
My 25% t5cc crystal: ...I get more science

Here’s just the science roster, to make things easier

Abomination to r3? Heck no. Spider-Gwen? I guess I could, but I just took She-hulk to r5, and I can’t imagine a scenario where I’d use spidergwen over her. The likely contender, then, is Luke Cage, who I like, but...all the way to rank 3? So yeah, all you avid Luke Cage fanboys, make your pitches in the comments if you want to. I’m all ears.

BUT ANYWAYS! Back to the story. I was disappointed, yes, but there was still hope! The six star nexus crystal - maybe I could pull a great science champion from there, or at least just a good six star, right? Right? Well feast your eyes on this nexus showcase:

It’s like going to Golden Corral - lots of options, but nothing good in sight (Don’t hate me @MaxGaming, it’s the truth)

And that concludes my depressing tale. This isn’t a complaint to Kabam telling them that they’re the worst, or that I should get compensation or anything like that. No no, I’m just a sad boi, and maybe now, you could be sad for me. Or alternatively, you could crucify me in the comments for not being grateful about the prospects of a r3 Luke Cage - that works just as well.

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    GagoH said:

Abom with RG > Cage

Don’t have Red Guardian sadly, but maybe one day
    GagoH said:

Hoodie25 said:

GagoH said:

Abom with RG > Cage

Don’t have Red Guardian sadly, but maybe one day
    If your goal is to become TB before the xmas gift thing, you’ve got to think of it as a long term investment
    Well, you’re right about that. I need to go rewatch some of the videos on that synergy - who knows? Maybe I’ll bite the bullet
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    ESF said:

There is nothing I can say that is gonna make you feel better beyond a certain point, but here goes:

1. Congratulations on finishing Act 6. It’s an accomplishment. I know not everyone wants to hear it, but if players don’t take the moment to enjoy what they actually do, then the treadmill to nowhere is not worth the time. It’s a game. You beat some complicated content. That’s good.

2. As for Luke Cage to R3... I don’t know the state of your Inventory, how quickly you get resources. I definitely don’t want to pretend that you should burn the resources like a maniac. But at the same time, you being at the level you are...you know the deal. Long game. Sometimes you swallow the rank up you really don’t want for various reasons — prestige. AW defense. Clearing that one boss you gotta get down for your lane. Again: You know the deal.

I would swallow hard and do it. Thronebreaker perks accumulate. I think you already know this, and it’s tough to swallow, but you do it and move on and tomorrow you get back on the horse and grab more loot.

Again: Congratulations. Seriously. Luke Cage is worth R3 for what needs to be done at this point in time and the kit is still relevant in the meta, which isn’t perfect but isn’t the worst

I agree with whatever he said

Thronebreaker things are normal now and you should do a rank 3 asap because the rewards worth it and you already got extra science fragments too which you can use for your next rank up.
    My friend took undupe void to r3 because the rewards worth it
  • Rajdeep1997Rajdeep1997 Posts: 88
    regarding your situation I would say you one thing that as you have explored act 6 fully its most likely you have already cleared v5 so possible t5cc frags you got the chance are already achieved but if you can you should grind some units and do the act 7 completion run asap to get the extra t5cc frag crystal and take a last chance to topup a class u can to make a fully formed t5cc. RNG screw us in the worst cases possible. But i would say that even luke cage has some damage possibility but his damage is not near practical. try for act 7 asap and try your luck for some good 6* or you can take spidergwen up for the TB if you r desperate for the upcoming gifts and stuffs. i did not do act 6 exploration as i personally hate the content and node designs all together but it is what it is. and i rushed through act 7 and explored it within 2 days and from those 50% RNG and 25% gurantee i got my tech choice and was happy to take up warlock to rank up and get TB. it cost me 3000 units for my rush but I would say it was kind of worth it.
    take some time, also V6 is coming and i am sure it will have a similar 25% t5cc crystal in exploration too. you have time before 24th december to think about it so make a wise choice regarding it. dont throw a catalyst so rare just to become TB, I saw people taking elsa to r3, mephisto to r3, bwdo to r3. but is it worthy enough i say no. but people are doing to just get to next title edge.
    Dont rush it bro. Try for act 7 first if you are near some t5cc to complete it. and test your luck one last time
    Thanks for the advice guys! Since I’ve only done completion and not exploration in v5, I think I’ll finish that up and then shoot for exploration in book 2. Maybe then I can form different t5cc or pull a better science champ, who knows? Otherwise, it looks like a rank 3 Cage or Abomination lies in my future *sighs audibly*
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Yea, I'd definitely explore 7.1 before you pull the R3 trigger. 7.1 was miles easier than act 6 IMO.

Yea, I'd definitely explore 7.1 before you pull the R3 trigger. 7.1 was miles easier than act 6 IMO.

Yeah from what I’ve seen so far, there’s hardly a comparison
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I don't think sgwen or luke are bad science options, so if you want tb, id play around with both and choose one
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Nice write up.

You should be able to Act 7 completion with little difficulty. Also keep in mind, there's an offer with a 15% selector at the end for 3500 units. Could be worth it if you have the units lying around and you're within 15% of the class you want.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    I would take up Spidergwen. She has a lot of utility and crazy damage if you have a symbiote on the team. Definitely not a bad choice.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    I'd say wait for thronebreaker till u get a better science champ.

However if YOU MUST R3 one now well , yes Luke is the best option of the three on its own as it is NOW....

....BUT, Abomination has the most POTENTIAL for the FUTURE. I think when it comes to R3, it pays to invest on the future. Here's why you ahould go Abomination:

- If in the future you end up pulling Red Guardian and/or Immortal Abomination then instantly your R3 Abomination will become God tier.

- Abomination is one of those old champs that is likely slated for a tuneup/rework/update. Of course, there's no "official" list of champs to be updated in the future but out of those 3, Abom os the one with the highest chance to get one: Gwen already got one, Luke is already pretty good as he is and Abom, in its current state and without those mentioned synergies is just plainly depressing.

Invest in the future. Go Abom.
    BREAKING NEWS UPDATE #2

Ladies and gentlemen, something wonderful has happened. Through the combined fortune of the free Cavalier objective and Act 7.1, I’ve been spared my scientific dilemma. Once I pulled mystic from the cav objective crystal and brought my green streak to a merciful end, it hit me, just all of a sudden: I was less than 25% away from a fully formed! So, one exploration later, and I was the proud owner of a t5 mystic catalyst. I say was, of course, because I’m a thronebreaker now:

with a shiny new r3 longshot at my disposal.

Well, this concludes my saga. Thanks for coming along for the ride! And sorry spidergwen fans (and abomination supporters), but I like this ending a whole lot better: them’s just the facts.