**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Sorcerer Supreme vs BWCV

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Super quick r5 poll. Both will be r5 soon but I was wondering who would be more immediately useful for Act 7.

Sorcerer Supreme vs BWCV 132 votes

Kali
28%
danielmath1haunted_memoryKabiraz77HeattblasttLogan00Reaper2823BadPullsMarcoKill_Greyte_dua_shumYcatsELECTRo0704EdeuinkOctoberstackTheInfintyZeBlahRenaxqqCarracho01Danish005SpideyFunkoHerdingCats 37 votes
BWCV
71%
BKSwisherSweetSpity68TheManMythLegendhoboFineDogOesername123yossAlex13369Cat_MurdockMqc19ThatGuyYouSaw235Qmonspiderknight616Spurgeon14Warlord5386AssumedNameJakearoundEly_20The_Blue_JaguarTheLegend27 95 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    BWCV
    Have yet to use SorcSup, but I use BWCV everywhere and debating on taking my 6* to r2
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    BWCV
    I remember you said you were going to get suicides soon, so go with Claire if that is your intent.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Kali
    I have both at rank 5, and I find myself using sorcerer a lot more unless I'm running suicides. I assume you're not running suicides, although I've found Claire more useful in act 7 so far.
  • Options
    Kali
    Furthermore, sorcerer supreme has more use in alliance war (if that's what you like), while Claire is more of an AQ all-rounder.
  • Options
    no suicides
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Furthermore, sorcerer supreme has more use in alliance war (if that's what you like), while Claire is more of an AQ all-rounder.

yeah this is what I've gleaned so far. I've had kali for a while and she's incredible, but bwcv seems awesome too.
  • Options
    Kali

no suicides

Oh yeah, I'd definitely lean towards Sorcerer in that case.

Kill_Grey said:

yeah this is what I've gleaned so far. I've had kali for a while and she's incredible, but bwcv seems awesome too.
    Well, depends on your needs. The need for Claire's immunities turn to more of a niche requirement as you go along compared to the need for slow debuff. For example, there's a namor in act 7.1 that's on mesmerize. My evade counters are champs like Nick, Aarkus and elsa who use damaging debuffs; or Stealthy who has a class disadvantage in that scenario. Looking at that dude, my mind immediately went to sorcerer supreme, and lucky me I had her.

Plus, that regen on block is literally the current best defensive ability imo. Wading through variant 5 exploration really showed me how EXTREMELY useful it is. Plus, there's a lot other things either way.
  • Options
    Kali
    Qacob said:

I use my r5 claire all the time with no suicides. I use her for every AQ path fight and she finishes with a full yellow bar. Just taken kali to r4 and I'm still figuring her out but I can tell shes a beast.

Both are great but I'm not quite sure kali can best claire. Claire has great damage, kind of triple immune, insane regen and a great nullify. Definitely biased as I've had claire much longer but oh well.

I was like you until I took Sorcerer to rank 5 as well as used her in tough content with high attack values. She might convert you soon enough, lol.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    If not running recoil then I’d say they’re pretty even. With recoil SS takes too much damage.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    BWCV
    I have suicides on which greatly affects my decision here.

My 6r3 BWCV with suicides was an absolute monster for Act 7 exploration. Easily one of the top champs for this content.
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    BWCV
    BWCV is more useful for act 7.1. you'll want to rank both up but bwcv gets priority
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    BWCV
    Kill_Grey said:

Qacob said:

I use my r5 claire all the time with no suicides. I use her for every AQ path fight and she finishes with a full yellow bar. Just taken kali to r4 and I'm still figuring her out but I can tell shes a beast.

Both are great but I'm not quite sure kali can best claire. Claire has great damage, kind of triple immune, insane regen and a great nullify. Definitely biased as I've had claire much longer but oh well.

I was like you until I took Sorcerer to rank 5 as well as used her in tough content with high attack values. She might convert you soon enough, lol.
    Hopefully she would! Does she need the awakening @Kill_Grey? I have 2 mystic gems collecting dust.
  • Options
    FineDog said:

Really don't understand the hype about Sorcerer Supreme. No immunities, no regen that's worth talking about (her block regen is basically just a high block proficiency). She has Slow, which is useful, but it doesn't work against Science champs, the class with the most evaders. Her runes are annoying to manage.

She always gets compared to Claire for some reason, but Claire has triple immunity, incredible regen, easy nullifies, and she doesn't rely on timing your specials right to lock in some buff in order to hit like a truck.

In any semi-long fight, youre guaranteed to heal with the rune. the evade point is debatable because theres the 3 spider people but there are evaders in other classes, and she works for entire lanes of footloose, mix master, or any evade node. I don't know if you've played her at all, because her runes are very easy to manage.

Kalis nullify is better imo. You need buffs and sp2 or immunties to maintain nullify on claire, but kali can keep it up easily with sp1 spam and with md, you get specials too easily
  • Options

I have suicides on which greatly affects my decision here.

My 6r3 BWCV with suicides was an absolute monster for Act 7 exploration. Easily one of the top champs for this content.

Yeah ive heard good things about bwcv for act 7
  • Options
    Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
    BWCV
    Claire all day. 3 immunities , regen, power control, huge huge sp3 with 20 charges, lots of burst damage with hellfire.
    Soc Supreme is great as well, slow, regen on block making good for no retreat, somewhat power control, great sp3, fury but Claire is the best. For suicide users she is better than doom.
  • Options
    Kali
    Qacob said:

Kill_Grey said:

Qacob said:

Hopefully she would! Does she need the awakening @Kill_Grey? I have 2 mystic gems collecting dust.
    Na, awakening isn't necessary for either.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Kali

Claire all day. 3 immunities , regen, power control, huge huge sp3 with 20 charges, lots of burst damage with hellfire.
    Soc Supreme is great as well, slow, regen on block making good for no retreat, somewhat power control, great sp3, fury but Claire is the best. For suicide users she is better than doom.

Claire is not better than Doom even with suicides.
    When Doom gets into his rotation of cycling special 3s and 2s Claire doesn't even come close
  • Options
    Kali
    Unio77 said:

When Doom gets into his rotation of cycling special 3s and 2s Claire doesn't even come close
    Obviously you haven't used Doom with suicides.
  • Options
    Qacob said:

Kill_Grey said:

Qacob said:

Nope not at all
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Kali
    Kill_Grey said:

Unio77 said:

Obviously you haven't used Doom with suicides.
    I mean like he is not so bad if you can get into the special 3 rotation.
    The special 2 rotation will require timing to finish the fight off. It all comes down to letting the furies expire without firing off the special 2