**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance goes from Tier 2 down to Tier 6 in AW

I know there has been a lot discussed around AW but I just had to bring this up.

Our alliance has been flipping between Tier 2 and 3 for quite a while. We'd get to Tier 2, stick around for a few wars, lose a couple to drop back to Tier 3 and repeat.

With the big change to AW, we have lost every single match and dropped down to Tier 6. This is obviously due to each battle group getting 100% and diversity. I mean I have to put in 4/40 heroes for defence because my 5/50 defenders that I ranked up aren't as strong as other people who have the 5 star version. All those resources put into Magik, Mordo, Spidey, NC, Jugs, etc just wasted with them sitting on the bench. Personally, I liked AW before, now I don't event want to participate.

I'm hoping the increase in difficult will resolve this. It really sucks to lose matches when you 100% because the other team has a higher defender rating with slightly more diversity.

My question is that if the changes don't resolve the issues players are having, does KABAM have any back up tweaks?

Also, do they have any plans to maybe sell rank down tickets? I understand they have no interest in giving them away but I'd certainly buy a few for champs I specifically ranked for AW who are no longer used.

Comments

• KingCrooksKingCrooks Posts: 176
    Make this man an admin. Lol
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Unless there's a boycott there won't be rank down tickets. I feel your pain though. They've taken all the skill out of war. Not sure why they are opposed to defender kills, seems like the best way to fix war. It will probably be a month before war is somewhat normal. Our last war was decided before anyone moved...great game..lol
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Why don’t you just focus on ranking new champs for new content? Kabam isn’t done making aw changes. They will see that the new changes won’t change a thing without defender kills. Your champs could still be useful in the future.

P.S. NC and magik are good attackers
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    I'd prefer to have AW bring skill back into the equation (at the very least - #BringBackDefenderKillPoints ) rather than asking for RDT's.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Why don’t you just focus on ranking new champs for new content? Kabam isn’t done making aw changes. They will see that the new changes won’t change a thing without defender kills. Your champs could still be useful in the future.

Very risky to make the call to start new rank ups if you know more changes are coming.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    The "changes" won't change anything. The only way to win is dedicate an officer to create a spreadsheet to maximize diversity and hope your PI is higher than the other team. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
    I’m not saying do it now @R4GE. But when aw is finally set in stone 100%
  • SlickpeteySlickpetey Posts: 89

This is one of the points I bring up. I focused on using resources to bring up champs then don't use them because of changes. You ask why not focus on ranking up new champs for new content?

Well first, resources to rank to 5/50 aren't cheap or extremely easy to come by. 5 T4b and 3 T4CC is expensive, especially the class catalysts. This isn't something I can just do tomorrow, especially while they are still making changes. Furthermore, I'm not exactly too keen on bringing Iron Patriot to 5/50 (who is one of my defenders because of diversity now). Which leaves me at a dilemma, do I rant IP to 5/50 for defence rating and diversity or do I rank up my 5 star Rocket Racoon to 3/45? Who would you prefer to rank up?

Also you mention that NC and Magik are good attackers. True, but on my roster they aren't anything special. I have 4/55 star Lord, 3/45 Elektra, Yellow Jacket and Magik. I have other 5/50 champs I prefer like Gwenpool, Dr Voodoo, Thor, Vision, Archangel, etc.
    edited September 2017
    I’m jealous of your roster just for sl. I have 3 rank 4s and none are that powerful.

Rank up rocket. He’s great. Plus he does count as diversity. I’m ranking up dormamu soon but not to place him on defense because I run suicides and want him for power control.

I suggest ranking up champs that could help in some way offensively because you can place them for diversity. ip is not a good rank up due to his low Pi since wars are decided by rating. My defense is 5/50 gr, sl, hulk, cross bones, and 4/55 drax lol
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I’m not saying do it now @R4GE. But when aw is finally set in stone 100%

My mistake, totally agree than.
    Rank ups are gonna suck though. Hate the idea that diversity is supposed to allow me more options on my roster but its not even close to that. I'm gonna have to rank up my highest PI champs that are divers and stick to them. Still plays no valuable impact on making use of my roster. Seems like a PI war now, identical to AQ. Oh well, what can we do at this point.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Yea the "little guy" is clearly punished with this change. My 9 mil alliance routinely would smack the **** out of 12 mil alliances with pure skill. Now we don't have the rosters to win with diversity so we are screwed.
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Posts: 344 ★★
    Totally agree. They took away the skill and the fun.
    #kabambringbackdefenderskills
  • Yup, I'm with you. AW is terrible now. The new changes could be promising but the lack of stability makes my hear hurt too. We've lost so many in a row trying to make adjustments for the new rules and now we got to figure them out again. Whatever happened to beta testing?
  • Slickpetey wrote: »
    My question is that if the changes don't resolve the issues players are having, does KABAM have any back up tweaks?

Also, do they have any plans to maybe sell rank down tickets? I understand they have no interest in giving them away but I'd certainly buy a few for champs I specifically ranked for AW who are no longer used.

To answer your questions @Slickpetey, updating Alliance War is going to be an iterative process, so we're going to continue incorporating community feedback and making adjustments to the game mode to make it more engaging and to address player concerns. As for the rank down tickets, we don't have any plans for releasing them unless changes are made directly to a champion that makes it so that it can't function in the way it used to before. Since both questions have been addressed, this thread will be closed, but I'd like to to encourage everyone with feedback and suggestions for AW to check out the 15.0 Alliance War discussion thread, since it'll be easier for us to gather and take feedback into account when it is all in the same place.
This discussion has been closed.