**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What are the odds of getting 3x the same champs?

Trying to get Fury. Opened 3 skill/mutant crystals, and got 3x Electra.
Come on Kabam!!!! Merry Christmas s*cker.

Comments

• KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★

Trying to get Fury. Opened 3 skill/mutant crystals, and got 3x Electra.
    Come on Kabam!!!! Merry Christmas s*cker.

These crystals are BS.

Only good for duping and getting champs for arena.

• KevanproGKevanproG Posts: 308 ★★
    I pulled so many bad champs in the duel crystal but in normal crystal I pull S+ Champs lol
  • PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    I pulled dd classic 3 times in a row as a 6 star last year when it was much harder getting stars. Was a low time in mcoc life hahaha
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

I dunno.. you tell me

#NeverForget

And while i didnt screenshot it. Around 3-4 months after this happend i swear to god i pulled 3 6* gamoras in a row

ooof i am very sorry for your loss
  • MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    Hey guys. He's asking for the odds.

Someone care to do the math and show it. Im bored today.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Three identical pulls from the dual class crystals happens about once in 3600 openings, more or less, depending on the crystal type. Three out of five being identical, as above, is much easier: it happens about once every 360 openings or so.

• GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★

I dunno.. you tell me

#NeverForget

And while i didnt screenshot it. Around 3-4 months after this happend i swear to god i pulled 3 6* gamoras in a row

and those were from Basics not dual class so this is rarer
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

If the number of champions in the crystal is N, the odds of pulling three identical champs is one in N^2. So ballparking the number as about 60, the odds are about one in 3600. This is because the first champ can be anything (so the odds of doing that are 100%) but the next two must match it, each time the odds against that are one in N. So it is 1 x 1/N x 1/N = 1/N^2, or one in N^2.

Some people think the odds are one in N^3, or in this case about one in 216,000. That's wrong, because those are the odds of pulling a specific champ three times in a row. If the odds of pulling, say Elektra three times in a row is one in 216,000, the odds of pulling *any* champ three times in a row can't also be that. The odds of pulling any champ three times in a row would be the odds of pulling Elektra three times in a row, plus the odds of pulling Falcon three times in a row, plus etc etc etc. If there are N different champs in the crystal, the odds of pulling any one specific champ three times in a row would be one in N^3, but then there are N ways to do that (one for each champ), which means the odds of doing it for any champ would be N x (1/N^3) which is 1/N^2, the number given above. Two different lines of thought which reach the same correct answer.
    yeah i usually use the second method to explain because I feel like it makes more intuitive sense
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Oh wow. That’s crazy
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’ve seen a few openings like this with good people. There was a picture of someone pulling 2 of 6* CGR out of 3 featured crystals.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,066 ★★★★★
    i've had that happen more than i care to share smh