**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss? (⊙_◎)

2»

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

A friend suggested the team of ghost, hood/wasp, torch, doom/sym, and heimdall. Ghost for generic fights, torch for imiw and mystics, and sym/doom for cosmics and buff heavy.

I'd replace Heimdall with Stealthy. He's an amazing path clearer in Abyss and he's actually able to solo many fights. Ghost would be your Collector killer rather than a path clearer. If you do bring Ghost tinstead of Poco, don't bring Hood. You can't really tank Sp3's cause of the stun afterwards. You also have the option of not bringing Wasp if you're good at using Ghost without her which gives you another team slot for Heimdall or whoever.
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,131 ★★★
    ever thought about luke cage as an option for R3?

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

A friend suggested the team of ghost, hood/wasp, torch, doom/sym, and heimdall. Ghost for generic fights, torch for imiw and mystics, and sym/doom for cosmics and buff heavy.

I'd replace Heimdall with Stealthy. He's an amazing path clearer in Abyss and he's actually able to solo many fights. Ghost would be your Collector killer rather than a path clearer. If you do bring Ghost tinstead of Poco, don't bring Hood. You can't really tank Sp3's cause of the stun afterwards. You also have the option of not bringing Wasp if you're good at using Ghost without her which gives you another team slot for Heimdall or whoever.
    What makes spelthy so good? Is it the webfoam or something?

Etjama said:

Yeah, it lets you bypass the hit cap as long as you can intercept.
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

ooh nice. How would aa work? He's carried me through a lot of stuff, so I was wondering if he could do the same for abyss

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

ooh nice. How would aa work? He's carried me through a lot of stuff, so I was wondering if he could do the same for abyss
    I haven't seen much from him in Abyss, but I imagine he'd do amazing in non-immune matchups due to him being able to do tons of damage in a low amount of hits. The problem is the amount of immune matchups in Abyss.
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

I haven't seen much from him in Abyss, but I imagine he'd do amazing in non-immune matchups due to him being able to do tons of damage in a low amount of hits. The problem is the amount of immune matchups in Abyss.
    yeah i just checked the map and the easy path was littered with immunes.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Which is quite unfortunate, but he's your best IW counter from way I see. Stealthy and Torch can probably do it, but I haven't seen videos on Stealthy, and Torch might not be able to solo.
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Which is quite unfortunate, but he's your best IW counter from way I see. Stealthy and Torch can probably do it, but I haven't seen videos on Stealthy, and Torch might not be able to solo.
    Yeah I don't think I can get the solo but torch works prety well. Probably 2-3 revives?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpz68wY-Kgo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gb6sXC4DQo&start=289s
  • 4dlai4dlai Posts: 250
    Calling Ægon tye big chonk god of the abyss made my day lol
    UPDATE (for those who care)

I've talked to some very smart people such as cheese puff, maxwell, and briefly spoke with metal patriot, and have concluded that I will most likely be bringing in:
    Ghost, Wasp, Sym, Torch, and Apoc.

Ghost would be my main lane clearer, sym for cosmic/buffs, torch for energy/mystics, and apoc as a collector killer.

HOWEVER, there is a small thing. If I get stryfe, apoc would be a great option in the abyss and might become my path clearer. So I'll be going for the 3* in the basic and hope it has the apoc synergy
  • R5 Corvus, be prepared for the collector to be a horror show too.

AA might not be a bad champ to bring, most of the easy path bleeds.

I took CapIW alongside my CG to make the cosmics (especially IMIW) easier with the armour break.

Cost me ~5500 units and a fair stash.
    Mauled said:

R5 Corvus, be prepared for the collector to be a horror show too.

AA might not be a bad champ to bring, most of the easy path bleeds.

I took CapIW alongside my CG to make the cosmics (especially IMIW) easier with the armour break.

Cost me ~5500 units and a fair stash.

Hmm I don't have suicides so I wasn't really looking down the corvus path, especially since I already have pretty good counters for most stuff. Thanks for the input anyway. That unit cost definitely rose my eyebrows though. Were there any specific pain points?
  • AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Doesn't quite seem like you're ready yet. Unless you wanna go corvus, Stealthy, Torch, sym and beardo.

Also, get suicides, ya scrub 😜

I was sorta planning on them but recoil really turned me off and spending like 8k on gifting really drained my wallet 😂

And yeah I didn't think I would be in a favorable roster position, but I was wondering if i could
    8k units or money? :flushed:
    AouxWoux said:

Kill_Grey said:

Doesn't quite seem like you're ready yet. Unless you wanna go corvus, Stealthy, Torch, sym and beardo.

Also, get suicides, ya scrub 😜

I was sorta planning on them but recoil really turned me off and spending like 8k on gifting really drained my wallet 😂

And yeah I didn't think I would be in a favorable roster position, but I was wondering if i could
    8k units or money? :flushed:
    units hah

HOLD THE PHONE

Is cable now an abyss option? Would appreciate any help @Etjama : D
    I have summoned my mutant super squad @ItsDamien
  • WhatElseWhatElse Posts: 186 ★★★
    That might be an option. Cable plus Apoc. You probably find some trouble in the final boss but hey... that's part of the fun anyways.
    Try one run against Thing. See how many parry / heavies you can get with him at r1.
    WhatElse said:

That might be an option. Cable plus Apoc. You probably find some trouble in the final boss but hey... that's part of the fun anyways.
    Try one run against Thing. See how many parry / heavies you can get with him at r1.

Poco could be a top option for the final boss.
    You'll still find some trouble against skill champions. Is Joe fixit on path 1? If so, he'll be another complication.
    WhatElse said:

You'll still find some trouble against skill champions. Is Joe fixit on path 1? If so, he'll be another complication.

cant torch or ghost work?
    Torch will work with Invisible Woman, so you dont need to bring Nick Fury.
    I believe Ghost would still be mandatory.
    I vision Ghost, Apoc, Cable, Torch and a mystic nullifier (Doom or SymS). But to be sure, you'll need to try cable out one time to see if that damage is for real.
    WhatElse said:

Torch will work with Invisible Woman, so you dont need to bring Nick Fury.
    I believe Ghost would still be mandatory.
    I vision Ghost, Apoc, Cable, Torch and a mystic nullifier (Doom or SymS). But to be sure, you'll need to try cable out one time to see if that damage is for real.

Yup that is exactly what i was thinking. apoc is in aw so ill test him tomorrow
    Good luck. You’ll rock it.
    WhatElse said:

Good luck. You’ll rock it.

thanks bud
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

late response, but i bought in archangel for my easy path completion. he handles IW and Mordo with ease. Used about 2 or 3 revives for each fight I brought him into
    @WhatElse i tried cable a bit and i've been somewhat underwhelmed, but he seems to be good for abyss so he'll be r2
    'in a week or two
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    Thicco u can do it. Im gonna try abyss without Aegon on my other acc. Its defs do able. But ull need a Main attacker like him. Someone who can do a lot of damage in short amount of hits.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    Oh and if u bring doom. Do the following to take off ATLEAST 1m hp in 200 hits.

Parry Heavy only till opponent is above 2 bars.

Pop sp3. MLLLM Sp1. MLLLM. Parry Heavy, sp3. MLLLM sp1. Go for sp2. Parry heavy repeat. Took out cosmics in 1 revive each except VTD but took off decent amounts

Thicco u can do it. Im gonna try abyss without Aegon on my other acc. Its defs do able. But ull need a Main attacker like him. Someone who can do a lot of damage in short amount of hits.

Thanks! I'm probably going to use cable since he works for everyone that I'm not using sym or torch for.