**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nexus Crystal question

TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Hi,

I can't seem to find an answer to my question so maybe you guys can tell me.

When you get a Nexus Crystal and keep it until a new champ gets added to the basic crystal pool will the Nexus Crystal also be updated or will it contain the champs that have been in the basic at the time you got the Nexus Crystal?

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Options
    The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
    The nexus you get will already have the decided champs contained in it, so sadly it doesn’t change with new characters :(
  • Options

The nexus you get will already have the decided champs contained in it, so sadly it doesn’t change with new characters :(

Ok thx 😭😭😭

Wanted to wait for Apocalypse to make the basic pool and then open the Nexus. 🥺
  • Options
    BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★

BabyMiike said:

Ok thx 😭😭😭

Wanted to wait for Apocalypse to make the basic pool and then open the Nexus. 🥺
    No it does work that way

It works exactly like a normal. 5* expect your basically opening 3 then choosing one
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    DannyB01 said:

@TheAngryOne ignore the first response, you absolutely CAN save your nexus until the champ you want is in the basic crystal, you will then have a chance at getting that champ. It's a small chance, but yes, it's a chance. :D

Well, no. You can open a nexus, close the app, open it again, and the same champs in there. Don’t give the guy false hope. If it did work that way, you could essentially get whatever champ you wanted by closing out the app over and again.

Edit: at least 5 people don’t know how crystals work 😂
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Lmao said:

DannyB01 said:

@TheAngryOne ignore the first response, you absolutely CAN save your nexus until the champ you want is in the basic crystal, you will then have a chance at getting that champ. It's a small chance, but yes, it's a chance. :D

Well, no. You can open a nexus, close the app, open it again, and the same champs in there. Don’t give the guy false hope. If it did work that way, you could essentially get whatever champ you wanted by closing out the app over and again.

With all due respect, can you read the question before answering please?
    Reread to see if I misunderstood. Sounds like, “hey, if I get a nexus crystal in my inventory, if I don’t open it, will it include new champs when they are released into the pool?” And the answer is no, because when that crystal is in your inventory, the selection is already made. If the opposite was true you could reasonably close out the app and open it again if you don’t like your nexus options.
  • Options

its a basic crystal with 3 options it updates with ever basic update DO NOT listen to the fools tellung you is is fixed to stay when you got it

The options are fixed and don’t change...
  • Options
    Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    As soon as a crystal hits the spinner or open is pressed the champion is decided based on all available champions at that stage(unless it’s a featured with a set list)

Waiting for apocalypse on a nexus will in fact work I’ve done this a few times with random 5 stars in the past
  • Options
    SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230
    edited January 2021
    Yes YOU CAN save a nexus until the Champion you want enters the basic pool. Seatin did it if you need proof, but everyone who said you can’t do this is wrong.

Edit: and the rest of you talking about the champ being decided when you open the crystal, and having to pick right then, not being able to save it ONCE IT IS POPPED, you guys need to learn to read. Because neither of those things has anything to do with what OP is asking.
  • Options
    SecretWarri0rSecretWarri0r Posts: 230
    Just to make it totally clear, YES YOU CAN STOCKPILE NEXUS CRYSTALS UNTIL THE CHAMP YOU WANT ENTERS THE BASIC POOL, THEN OPEN THE NEXUSES FOR A CHANCE AT THE CHAMP YOURE WANTING. It is the pool AT THE TIME THE CRYSTAL IS POPPED that the 3 champions are drawn from. I’ve done this, Seatin has video of himself stockpiling nexus crystals for this very reason.

Anyone telling @TheAngryOne anything to the contrary is wrong.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★

its a basic crystal with 3 options it updates with ever basic update DO NOT listen to the fools tellung you is is fixed to stay when you got it

The options are fixed and don’t change...
    It only locked in when it get spins or press open so stopped be missing offer op when u clery doesn’t know the cystal hasn’t decies what u get before spinning or pop.
  • Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 740 ★★★
    Brian Grant did the same thing after he got a 6* nexus. He waited till Doom got added to the basic poll, so that he would have a shot at pulling him.
  • Options
    LmaoLmao Posts: 847 ★★★

Lmao said:

DannyB01 said:

With all due respect, can you read the question before answering please?
    Reread to see if I misunderstood. Sounds like, “hey, if I get a nexus crystal in my inventory, if I don’t open it, will it include new champs when they are released into the pool?” And the answer is no, because when that crystal is in your inventory, the selection is already made. If the opposite was true you could reasonably close out the app and open it again if you don’t like your nexus options.
    That's just not right. It is what he's asking but it's not right.
  • Options
    So y'all came here to help me and then this just happened (was about to save shards for dual class crystal to try and go for Apocalypse):

I was sitting at about 40k 5* shards but thought I'd test my luck and go for 1 or 2 top champ crystals.

Think I will open the Nexus now then.😅

Praying for either Ghost, Quake, Cap IW, Domino but I just hit the jackpot anyway so I can't really complain about whoever I get to choose from.
  • Options
    Well.... I think I deserved this:

😂
  • Options
    Nice Apoc! Sorry you didn’t get exactly what you were hoping for, but good luck going forward, hope you enjoy him!
  • Options

Nice Apoc! Sorry you didn’t get exactly what you were hoping for, but good luck going forward, hope you enjoy him!

Thank you. 🙂
    Think I will. My 5* Wolverine is very happy now as well 😅 Mysterio would have been a pretty decent option if I didn't already have him so nothing to complain about. Hoping for a nice Terrax buff though.