**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Tech Cavalier EQ node Request

CrasyduckCrasyduck Posts: 143 ★★
edited January 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Can the tech node in the Cav EQ be updated to include armor up passives? I don't know how many champs this would benefit (I don't think a lot) but it would be very nice to have.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Crasyduck said:

Can the tech node in the Cav EQ be updated to include armor up passives? I don't know how many champs this would benefit (I don't think a lot) but it would be very nice to have.

Actually, that would only benefit a few tech champs. A better thing to do would be to add an effect where Tech champs gain one armor up buff upon landing well-timed block. That way tech champs that don't gain armor up buffs normally can gain one with their first well-timed block, and then successive ones will trigger the power drain.

Furthermore this would benefit Red Skull who ironically consumes his armor up buffs when blocking, so he can actually run out and stop benefiting from the node while other, stronger Tech champs keep on working. If there's anywhere Red Skill should look good it is on this path, but I find him not as good as a champ like Warlock who has a permanent armor up, which just seems wrong.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Crasyduck said:

Actually, that would only benefit a few tech champs. A better thing to do would be to add an effect where Tech champs gain one armor up buff upon landing well-timed block. That way tech champs that don't gain armor up buffs normally can gain one with their first well-timed block, and then successive ones will trigger the power drain.

Furthermore this would benefit Red Skull who ironically consumes his armor up buffs when blocking, so he can actually run out and stop benefiting from the node while other, stronger Tech champs keep on working. If there's anywhere Red Skill should look good it is on this path, but I find him not as good as a champ like Warlock who has a permanent armor up, which just seems wrong.
    I 100% agree with this. My only good tech is Sparky, and I can never get past the Cav Tech quest because he doesn't get armor ups
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Crasyduck said:

I 100% agree with this. My only good tech is Sparky, and I can never get past the Cav Tech quest because he doesn't get armor ups
    I had to focus on the Tech and Cosmic duals since cav came out and this is my first month with a tech champ with an armor up. There needs to be more armor ups available through nodes.
    Crcrcrc said:

DNA3000 said:

Crasyduck said:

I had to focus on the Tech and Cosmic duals since cav came out and this is my first month with a tech champ with an armor up. There needs to be more armor ups available through nodes.
    Who did you get? Also yes. In almost every other quest, there are 2 beneficiary effects. The mutants purify bleeds AND reduce potency by 90%. Even if you don't have a good mutant, any mutant works for that path
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

DNA3000 said:

Crasyduck said:

Who did you get? Also yes. In almost every other quest, there are 2 beneficiary effects. The mutants purify bleeds AND reduce potency by 90%. Even if you don't have a good mutant, any mutant works for that path
    I got Guardian from an Epoch. I was quite happy with that. Before him I had Ultron and Starky. And I agree. Every other node allows you to do it with almost every champ available in the class.
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

DNA3000 said:

Crasyduck said:

I got Guardian from an Epoch. I was quite happy with that. Before him I had Ultron and Starky. And I agree. Every other node allows you to do it with almost every champ available in the class.
    Congrats on the Guardian. Even if they don't change the node, I'd appreciate a synergy that would give Sparky and armor up or armor increase or something. He could use that regardless. Maybe with the introduction with Spider-Man 2099?
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Tech path probably is the least champ specific (compared to the others). Prior to getting warlock and guardian, I was using power control champs and baiting specials. Magik / voodoo work great. Doom (if you got him) is a no brainier. HB has got to be good for this... Hawkeye... Psylocke, Dormammu. Yes, warlock/guardian make this way easier, but anyone with some consistent power control is good too.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

DNA3000 said:

Crasyduck said:

In tech quest are 2 beneficiary effects too.
    You gain the passive fury by a timed block under an armor buff effect, but also when you drain power with a tech champ.
    Stark Spidey can build passive furies through his heavy power drain, but it is not practical at all, since he has a long cool down for that ability.