**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Goodbye Stubborn... Hello Protect

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
With the abscense of stubborn the new meta will be protect for high tier AW, change my mind.

The new tactic, regenerator, does not seem like it will be all that viable especially with as prevelent as heal block is going to be made. But we shall see in the new season, just thought I'd start a discussion to see what others are thinking. The one plus side that I can think of is that when people do use regenerator, Sentinel will still be an excellent counter.

Comments

• JuroSanJuroSan Posts: 187 ★★
    I can promise you not a single alliance in masters will be using Regenerator
    Is Kabam aware quake AA warlock magik medusa exists in mcoc?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Protect already started, it’s generally the meta tactic as it is before this change
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

We've had mystic wars, flow wars, stubborn wars and I'm not sure if I'm missing any. Honestly it's a little boring only seeing 1 type of defense all year. Which has been what's happened for several aws in a row. Almost wish defense tactics would go away and just change the nodes.

I agree. Alliances spam the same tactics over and over again, most of the time same defenders on the same nodes. Gets a bit dull. Can't really blame them though.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,414 ★★★★★
    For those who have been facing Protect like @danielmath, is the 300% of base attack affected by boosts? Like does that affect the global?
    Mart83 said:

Kabam keep getting it wrong when it comes to tactics. It’s simple, you should’ve kept stubborn and flow how they were but make it so each bg has to choose a different tactic. Then you get diverse wars

If that tactic has to change every war, then it's a massive headache for the officers who make Defender Lists. Not an easy job.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

We've had mystic wars, flow wars, stubborn wars and I'm not sure if I'm missing any. Honestly it's a little boring only seeing 1 type of defense all year. Which has been what's happened for several aws in a row. Almost wish defense tactics would go away and just change the nodes.

Dont forget the Siphon wars xD

Flow was the worst time if I had to vote tho. So little champs could counter it.
  • Mart83Mart83 Posts: 21
    KnightZero, the idea would be for example our bg1 would always run flow, bg2 always run protect, bg3 always run stubborn. That way all defenders stay the same over the whole season and chances are you will match other allis who have chosen different bgs for each tactic. It would be very unlikely then to face a whole season of protect/whatever other tactic becomes meta

• No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    i think they should just get rid of tactics all together - war you enter and place your champions on the same nodes and thats all. then you fight the same nodes and thats all. war tactics means you have to change every war who you place and who you attack with and it needs an entire car manual to figure out - back in the good old days war was just fight!!!!!

if you disagree with my message please click the insightful button below to let me know!!!
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    “Phasing out old tags like #metal”
    So rank down tickets for magneto? Or am I misunderstanding?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,991 ★★★★★

“Phasing out old tags like #metal”
    So rank down tickets for magneto? Or am I misunderstanding?

You are misunderstanding. They are saying that defense tactics will no longer be based off of the standard tags like metal or XL and will instead be based on AW specific tags. This won’t change anything about how specific champions interact with each other.