**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anyone else dislike this months side quest?

FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
We’re now just over half way through this months side quest and I have to say, I’m finding it mind-numbingly boring.

Yes the rewards are great and worth the grind I guess, but the fact we have to do the same fights over and over is not fun at all. Hopefully Kabam can stay away from this lay-out for SQ’s in the future, as it’s by far my least favourite.

If they could have at least updated the path nodes/champs after 2 weeks, it would have been a much better improvement.

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

We’re now just over half way through this months side quest and I have to say, I’m finding it mind-numbingly boring.

Yes the rewards are great and worth the grind I guess, but the fact we have to do the same fights over and over is not fun at all. Hopefully Kabam can stay away from this lay-out for SQ’s in the future, as it’s by far my least favourite.

If they could have at least updated the path nodes/champs after 2 weeks, it would have been a much better improvement.

Would you be agreeable to a cooldown period on the champs you can bring in instead?
  • Options
    GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    agree the event had great rewards for me but it was soo complicated at start making me mess up and it is very grindy
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Would you be agreeable to a cooldown period on the champs you can bring in instead?
    Hmm not particularly because you’re still fighting the same defenders/nodes over and over
    Well, I am in the need to git gud category, so this is giving me lots of practise to use Namor.

Some progress and still trying to get 4 furies.
  • Options
    GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Ngl I would have preferred it if they would have made the quest more like mole man expeditions. that was by far one of the best sq as you always took a different path for different rewards
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Its decent but still not as exciting like mutant treasure island or the red rooms.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,572 ★★★★★
    Apart from the overly complex structure of it, the rewards are pretty good and it isn’t too difficult. I’m enjoying it even if it is a bit repetitive.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    It’s been a bit of a grind, and to me something I had to get through rather than particularly enjoying it. The main part for this has been because only the mutant quest has the three stamps. If the Spiders and Avengers quests had the same number of opponents and stamps, there would have been more variation.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Yeah, it's pretty awful on a number of levels. Way too grindy and way too confusing. The fact that all three quests don't award the same number of tokens is just garbage. You basically have to read the forums or get screwed out of top rewards.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    I'm just skipping the T5CC and running the Avengers one, because it's a lot quicker. The unblockable special node on Falcon is still annoying every time I fight him though
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    CGR2020 said:

Crcrcrc said:

I'm just skipping the T5CC and running the Avengers one, because it's a lot quicker. The unblockable special node on Falcon is still annoying every time I fight him though

You are not wrong. Also, have you noticed that the unblockable is NOT affected by AAR? I used 4* Archangel against the unblockable falcon on legendary difficulty, and placed 3-5 neurotoxins. He still went unblockable! Is the node affected or NOT affected by AAR?
    It's all in the wording. Unblockable specials means that unblockable becomes an ability for all specials during the fight. It is unpreventable because it has no chances, and it is a guaranteed ability.
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

I've had enough of people saying it's too compacted because it really isn't. But I agree on it being boring doing the same fights 32 times

It's because the way that kabam explained it was just very over-complicated. They should have just said "do only the mutant one to maximise rewards, but if it's too hard you can do the spider or the avenger one"
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    There have been many worse events. It is convoluted and repetitive, but that makes it an easy lift.

To stave off repetition, I like to see what type of Pacify effects come into play each time and whether or not they disadvantage me. Also interesting to try different champs to heavy counter Rogue.

Dr. Zola