**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

i think that silver surfer is underrated.

One question is why is doctor doom better?
Silver Surfer killed immortal hulk with no problem,So i think that Kabam should make silver surfer better then doom ;3

Comments

• PuttPuttPuttPutt Posts: 241 ★★★
  • @Rouger4 I agree,all the heralds of galactus are weak and @Riptide Lol totally disagree but thanos is also underrated.
  • I mean ig,but he is still underrated like doctor doom is alot more overrated
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Riptide said:

Thanos is worse than a human who can make earthquakes....

She’s pretty powerful in the comics as well, just saying. Better argument would be Ghost.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

Riptide said:

She’s pretty powerful in the comics as well, just saying. Better argument would be Ghost.
    both are good arguments since both i reckon would lose compared to thanos
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Glad you're seeing the light, Surfer is phenomenal
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I do enjoy the weeks I get to bring surfer to map 7.
  • BigBlueOx said:

Surfer is amazing. I definitely feel that he has aged well.

He addresses incinerate, coldsnap, and shock energy adaption nodes. He’s a buffed up solution, a diss track solution and is one of the few champs that can simply block Apocalypses beam specials taking minimal damage. On the right node he can also be a painful war defender too.

If you have CGR, then Surfer can also tank SP3s (purposely ignoring the lesser heralds)

Lots of utility, and he’s also fun to play.

Out the gate he didn't get much love, but like you just said, he's aged well. Knowing that Kabam tends to work months in advance it kind of makes sense. They created a champ that was by all accounts ahead of his time. Now, he's quite useful. Frankly I love my max sig R5 Surfer. Perhaps some of the seemingly less useful new champs may end up surprising us in similar ways down the road. Only time will tell though.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Silver Surfer killed immortal hulk with no problem,So i think that Kabam should make silver surfer better then doom ;3

First question why is doom better?
    Doom has challenged gods and beyonders which are way more powerful than surfer. He is one of the top villains of marvel. He might not be as powerful as surfer but he makes up for it with his intellect and tact.

Secondly surfer never fought immortal hulk
    let alone kill him. Also he has never killed hulk. On the contrary hulk has killed him in some storylines.

Riptide said:

Thanos crushes quake in a blink of an eye.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,282 ★★★★
    I recently pulled CGR, and although he does amazing damage as advertised, I enjoying playing as Silver Surfer more. Doing a full 6 hit combo and then heavying for that 7th hit is satisfying to me for some reason.

I definitely am not gonna argue that Surfer is a top cosmic champion, just that he is a well made champion that can do a lot.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

He addresses incinerate, coldsnap, and shock energy adaption nodes. He’s a buffed up solution, a diss track solution and is one of the few champs that can simply block Apocalypses beam specials taking minimal damage. On the right node he can also be a painful war defender too.

If you have CGR, then Surfer can also tank SP3s (purposely ignoring the lesser heralds)

Out the gate he didn't get much love, but like you just said, he's aged well. Knowing that Kabam tends to work months in advance it kind of makes sense. They created a champ that was by all accounts ahead of his time. Now, he's quite useful. Frankly I love my max sig R5 Surfer. Perhaps some of the seemingly less useful new champs may end up surprising us in similar ways down the road. Only time will tell though.
    Aged? He was released a little over year ago. Added to basic 6* pool less then a year.
    Imo even though he looks shiny, he doesn't really shine at anything except, semi-immunities maybe. Overall just as good as he was taken by community when he was released. He has never been considered as a top champ, just a solid mid tier champ. Can be enjoyable to play, but not very valuable for content
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Aleor said:

BigBlueOx said:

Aged? He was released a little over year ago. Added to basic 6* pool less then a year.
    Imo even though he looks shiny, he doesn't really shine at anything except, semi-immunities maybe. Overall just as good as he was taken by community when he was released. He has never been considered as a top champ, just a solid mid tier champ. Can be enjoyable to play, but not very valuable for content
    Aged as in people thought he was lemon when he first released and ignored his utility. But he does hit hard and has some valuable utility and people have started to see that recently. People are using for some niche paths in Act 6 due to his pseudo-immunities, cav eq, AQ, many paths in Act 7 due to his constant and reliable access to buffs and debuffs. Also, he is quite fun to play IMO.
  • Bajan_SamuraiBajan_Samurai Posts: 107

#Buffsilversurfer

As is, while I'd be tempted to make Poison Immunity a base component of his kit, I'd say with all his current utility he should have access to that via Synergies. As a star skimmer, Radiation management seems fitting; or give him the option to trade Shock null damage for Poison null damage somehow.

Otherwise, people just find it tricky to understand how to ramp up his damage output. Maybe beef that up, but keep the complexity of how to access it, so he's not too OP.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I mean...you had me at the thought he's underrated, but I don't agree with comparing him to Doom or making him "better". He's better than people give him credit for.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

You do know Doom has defeated Silver Surfer multiple times right.
  • Wait really?? I havent seen silver surfer get beaten by Doctor doom except when he stole his board.Silver surfer is also the only marvel charactar that can accutally beat Galactus. Or i think so atleast. Mcoc should also allow him to have 4 buffs. Power gain,Fury, Armor and last of all generation.

Silver surfer is also the only marvel charactar that can accutally beat Galactus.

Squirrel girl,Franklin Richards,thor,molecule man and all the cosmic beings above galactus beg to differ