**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cavalier Event Quest Global Buff Request

So I'm sure most of us who have completed and or explored Cav EQ have noticed a particularly annoying issue with the global class-specific buffs: they are susceptible to ability accuracy reduction. If you've used Blade, Archangel, Domino, or have the pacify mastery active you probably don't need me to explain. But for those of you who are unfamiliar, when the defender's ability accuracy is decreased in any way, shape, or form, you do not receive the global benefits. For instance, if you're playing in the mutant quest with domino and you use a special attack while you have several bleed debuffs on you, you will instantly purify all of them, except half the time you're not getting that juicy passive prowess. I'm sure you can reason why this is worse for AA and Blade so yeah. But it gets even worse. This ability accuracy issue is the most jarring in the tech quest. For those who are unaware, the pacify mastery allows you to decrease the opponent's ability accuracy by x% when they are stunned regardless of the champ you're using. Or, in other words, whenever you attempt to power drain the opponent with a well-timed block and the rng isn't on your side, you're either not gonna get the power drain or you're not gonna get the passive fury. If nothing else, this is incredibly annoying. All I'm proposing is that the global benefits can be unaffected by ability accuracy. It's a simple fix that'll be appreciated by literally everybody who does Cavalier difficulty each month. Please consider it. Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Why tho?
  • hermherm Posts: 415 ★★

Why tho?

why not? the global benefits are supposed to benefit you for bringing in the right champs, not make it even more annoying
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Can someone resume this in 1 sentence plz?
    Grean said:

He/she wants nodes to be unaffected by AA.
    Grean said:

Cav EQ global benefits can be affected by ability accuracy reduction and they shouldn't be
    herm said:

Why tho?

why not? the global benefits are supposed to benefit you for bringing in the right champs, not make it even more annoying
    Does it not benefit you for bringing the right champions? It doesn't punish you.

Grean said:

He/she wants nodes to be unaffected by AA.
    Actually, I have bigger issues with it affecting HB but I mean I'd love that just as much
    I agree. the tech one is really annoying cuz of pacify

herm said:

Why tho?

Does it not benefit you for bringing the right champions? It doesn't punish you.
    If the benefits fail to trigger, it's like bringing in any random champ
    herm said:

herm said:

Why tho?

But you fail to see that the benefits don't always fail to trigger.

If I bring in a Domino, there's still the possibility that I Purify the Bleeds and convert them into Prowess, not to mention the WP regen I gain from the Bleed Resistance.

I would not have the same benefits if I went in with a Spider-Man.

It's not the same. It can have the possibility of becoming the same scenario as just bringing in a random champion, but it's not the same as bringing in a random champ.
    And its gonna be even more annoying when there are the updated nodes. what happens when I get to a bar of power with a mystic champ, but I don't get a prowess cuz of pacify?
    Grean said:

And its gonna be even more annoying when there are the updated nodes. what happens when I get to a bar of power with a mystic champ, but I don't get a prowess cuz of pacify?

What happens if you don't bring in a Mystic champion?

Grean said:

Then ur gonna die painfully to unstoppable
    Grean said:

Grean said:

Exactly. So it's not like the nodes don't benefit the player for bringing in the right characters.

herm said:

herm said:

Why tho?

If I bring in a Domino, there's still the possibility that I Purify the Bleeds and convert them into Prowess, not to mention the WP regen I gain from the Bleed Resistance.

It's not the same. It can have the possibility of becoming the same scenario as just bringing in a random champion, but it's not the same as bringing in a random champ.
    Ofc the WP regen is nice and frankly, the mutant one is the least of my concerns but in a general sense it doesn't make sense for them to be affected by ability accuracy and it does way more harm then good

Grean said:

Grean said:

Exactly. So it's not like the nodes don't benefit the player for bringing in the right characters.
    Can you reword that plz?

Grean said:

Grean said:

you need the prowess to not die to the unstoppable. And the prowess will only trigger consistently without ability accuracy being a crutch. Although it is worth noting that I haven't experienced any issues with the mystic one in my 4-month tenure of completing cav difficulty and my two-month tenure of exploring it
    Grean said:

Grean said:

Grean said:

Can you reword that plz?
    he's saying that generally speaking you're still gonna benefit from bringing in the right champs for each quest regardless of ability accuracy issues. He's not necessarily right but that's just what he's saying.
    herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

Why tho?

Ofc the WP regen is nice and frankly, the mutant one is the least of my concerns but in a general sense it doesn't make sense for them to be affected by ability accuracy and it does way more harm then good
    The point of the nodes is to benefit the players for choosing the right characters. If you don't choose the right characters, you won't get through the quest efficiently. Same thing applies to characters within the class that has the benefit.

What if my Science champion can't place Weaknesses on the opponent? Should we just change that node because it does more harm than good?

herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

Why tho?

The point of the nodes is to benefit the players for choosing the right characters. If you don't choose the right characters, you won't get through the quest efficiently. Same thing applies to characters within the class that has the benefit.

What if my Science champion can't place Weaknesses on the opponent? Should we just change that node because it does more harm than good?
    That's not even close to what I'm saying and you damn well know it
    herm said:

Grean said:

Grean said:

you need the prowess to not die to the unstoppable. And the prowess will only trigger consistently without ability accuracy being a crutch. Although it is worth noting that I haven't experienced any issues with the mystic one in my 4-month tenure of completing cav difficulty and my two-month tenure of exploring it
    But you still will have the upper hand as a Mystic over a random class because you're able to trigger that Prowess, so it's not like AAR does more harm in this case. It does some harm, but you still benefit more than you would've if you brought in a Spider Man.
    herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

Why tho?

You're saying that it doesn't make sense for nodes to be affected by AAR.

I'm saying that AAR (or lack thereof) is an ability, just like Weakness is an ability.

You're saying that by having AAR, you're affected negatively (in the sense that it is more inefficient).

I'm saying by not having Weakness, you're affected negatively (in the sense that it is more inefficient).

So why should they limit how well characters do based on their abilities? That's the flaw.

herm said:

Grean said:

Grean said:

But you still will have the upper hand as a Mystic over a random class because you're able to trigger that Prowess, so it's not like AAR does more harm in this case. It does some harm, but you still benefit more than you would've if you brought in a Spider Man.
    do you have some sort of vendetta against the rest of us? Spider-man is terrible in any scenario and Mystic champs' ability to nullify will always make it easier to deal with the nodes but that's not the point. This is about asking for a reasonable adjustment to the global buffs, not explaining why they're fine the way they are.
    herm said:

herm said:

Grean said:

Grean said:

do you have some sort of vendetta against the rest of us? Spider-man is terrible in any scenario and Mystic champs' ability to nullify will always make it easier to deal with the nodes but that's not the point. This is about asking for a reasonable adjustment to the global buffs, not explaining why they're fine the way they are.
    But I'm asking why this adjustment is needed because, in reality, it's not. The game will always reward/punish the player for not bringing in the right character. The argument that "more characters should benefit" can be applied to anywhere in the game, and that gets us nowhere. Cope.

herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

Why tho?

I'm saying that AAR (or lack thereof) is an ability, just like Weakness is an ability.

You're saying that by having AAR, you're affected negatively (in the sense that it is more inefficient).

I'm saying by not having Weakness, you're affected negatively (in the sense that it is more inefficient).

So why should they limit how well characters do based on their abilities? That's the flaw.
    It's supposed to be beneficial, not annoying. In a lot of scenarios, it is still beneficial, but sometimes it isn't. Additionally, I think it's fair to assume that HB is supposed to do very well in the tech quest. Should your masteries limit how well you perform?
    herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

Why tho?

It's supposed to be beneficial, not annoying. In a lot of scenarios, it is still beneficial, but sometimes it isn't. Additionally, I think it's fair to assume that HB is supposed to do very well in the tech quest. Should your masteries limit how well you perform?
    "Should your masteries limit how well you perform?"

I want you to think long and hard about this statement. The answer is very, very clear.

herm said:

herm said:

Grean said:

Grean said:

But I'm asking why this adjustment is needed because, in reality, it's not. The game will always reward/punish the player for not bringing in the right character. The argument that "more characters should benefit" can be applied to anywhere in the game, and that gets us nowhere. Cope.
    I'm not new to this. I've sucked it up before and I can continue to suck it up again, but that doesn't mean it's not worth asking for a change.

herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

Why tho?

I want you to think long and hard about this statement. The answer is very, very clear.
    Indeed. No.
    herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

Grean said:

Grean said:

I'm not new to this. I've sucked it up before and I can continue to suck it up again, but that doesn't mean it's not worth asking for a change.
    But there's no good reason for this change. You still benefit. You're just asking to make it easier when it doesn't need to be made easier.
    herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

herm said:

Why tho?

Indeed. No.
    So you clearly don't know about Suicides. One of the Masteries is literally named "Double Edge".