**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How best to use my mutant awakening gem

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,669 ★★★★
Hoping I can get some advice from this community on how to spend my 5* mutant awakening gem.

As background I’m working on Cavalier. I’ve had pretty great luck with the Mutant class - have AA R5 awakened and at sig level 130, Colossus R4 awakened and at sig level 50, Red Magneto R4 unawakened, Omega Red (unawakened), and Sunspot (unawakened) among my most notable mutants.

My question is whether to awaken Red Mags, Omega Red, or hold the gem for hopefully getting Professor X at some point (since he is probably the only other mutant I’d see worth both awakening and ranking).

I’m leaning pretty heavily towards using it now on Red Mags. I enjoy playing him, already have him at R4 and will probably eventually R5 him, and based on what I’ve read expect he will be an MVP both for getting to cavalier but also then for balance of Chapter 6 etc. I know he doesn’t HAVE to be awakened, but it does seem like it provides definite benefits and given how much I anticipate using him seems like a good investment.

Omega Red is the other obvious current option, but based on my play style I don’t see myself ever running suicides and I also know he needs a bunch of stones for the ability to really sing. I’ve got a number of champions in line ahead of him for stone investment including Ghost and Colossus, and obviously Aegon if I can get him to drop. That said, if you guys think I’m stupid not to awaken him anyway please let me know.

Thanks!

How best to use my mutant awakening gem 13 votes

Use stone now on Red Magneto (can probably bump him up to sig level 50 pretty quickly)
38%
Ben550pEtherealityTRDSJBHJ12345___magnus_xixIllusion0410 5 votes
Use stone now on Omega Red - he’s awesome even with no suicides
61%
MegaGalacticEtjamaBalaji_9058RenaxqqDigletGamingYodabolt21AroseinbloomWooptyfrickendoo 8 votes
Save the stone for Professor X
0%

Comments

• Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Use stone now on Omega Red - he’s awesome even with no suicides
    BUt if you really like Mags, then do it! Mine is r5 at sig 40 and I even though i didn't use a gem on him, I wouldn't have regretted doing it.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    Use stone now on Red Magneto (can probably bump him up to sig level 50 pretty quickly)
    I vote Magneto because you'll need at least about 140-160 sig stones for Omega Red's sigs to really feel a difference. 50 sigs on Magneto will immediately make him a bit more survivable and more importantly, boost his damage greatly ( via that extra heavy damage on his sig) so fights will end sooner.

Prof X , although undoubtedly a very good champ, imho does not deserve the awakening more than Omega or Mags... just my opinion: