**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Wasp optimum playstyle?

BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Been using wasp a lot lately having pulled ghost above 4* for the first time. It occurred to me the other day that you can play wasp like pre-nerf/fix, broken she hulk.

It’s pretty obvious, not sure why it took me so long to realise but wondering if anyone else uses her in that way as never come across the tactic being promoted?

Essentially with the heavy on end of combos and the reliability in the excessive range of her heavy attack you can trap the opponent permanently in the corner and, assuming you can fully evade their specials, take no block damage throughout the fight as you can spam heavy until they reach a bar of power.

The distance she moves the opponent with her heavies and specials makes keeping them them cornered pretty easy even if you have to retreat baiting their SP1. Having said that knocking the opponent down is a great way to bait so it generally all falls into place. Gives almost total control of the fight.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2021

I do MLLLH doom combo if that's what you are talking about.

Yeah but specifically the fact you can then chain the heavies in the corner until they have a bar of power, punish their special, rinse and repeat. I find one MLLLH combo, stand up intercept, MLLLH and they are then in the corner and you’re golden. If your first attack is an intercept you never take 1hp damage.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Berjibs said:

I do MLLLH doom combo if that's what you are talking about.

Yeah but specifically the fact you can then chain the heavies in the corner until they have a bar of power, punish their special, rinse and repeat. I find one MLLLH combo, stand up intercept, MLLLH and they are then in the corner and you’re golden. If your first attack is an intercept you never take 1hp damage.
    Yeah I sometimes chain heavies in the corner as well. But when the opponent gains a bar of power I back off and bait it. It's not in my rotation though but I might try now that you have told it.
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    I've been using her lately and she's honestly prob my most fun champ to play with. Personally I just spam heavy I barely do combo hits. U can usually just trap them in the corner Bait a sp1, punish that sp1, then repeat. U never take block dmg which I love. Haven't learned or looked up how to properly play her yet but playing her that way seems pretty cool.
  • Options
    @DualityCope yeah once they are in the corner I only use a single medium if I have to after their special and go straight into heavy spam, tag specials onto heavies and every hit apart from the medium is a guaranteed crit.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    She is mostly my Ghost synergy but I enjoy playing her as well.

The fact that you can MLLLH - > cancel heavy into SP2 feels so smooth.

Also remember she gets a massive attack increase for every debuff on the enemy so on certain nodes she becomes quite strong + good synergy with Havok and Nick's evade charges.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

She is mostly my Ghost synergy but I enjoy playing her as well.

The fact that you can MLLLH - > cancel heavy into SP2 feels so smooth.

Also remember she gets a massive attack increase for every debuff on the enemy so on certain nodes she becomes quite strong + good synergy with Havok and Nick's evade charges.

That heavy cancel really is cool.
  • Options
    Berjibs said:

@DualityCope yeah once they are in the corner I only use a single medium if I have to after their special and go straight into heavy spam, tag specials onto heavies and every hit apart from the medium is a guaranteed crit.

I just looked her up and it seems we are playing her optimum playstyle already
  • Options
    Another_NameAnother_Name Posts: 180
    I like having Havok on a team with wasp because of the uncanny avengers synergy
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yeah, I do it wherever I can but it's only possible against certain specials.
  • Options

One cool thing is that If ur running a team of quake, ghost, Fury, and Wasp and run suicides just get hit at the start of the fight and she auto evades and shrugs the suicides and suicides boost her damage a ton.

Yo what? I gotta test that. If so thats amazing if you run a team of nick fury, quake, ghost, wasp since you'd prob be running suicides. Never heard about that till now
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

One cool thing is that If ur running a team of quake, ghost, Fury, and Wasp and run suicides just get hit at the start of the fight and she auto evades and shrugs the suicides and suicides boost her damage a ton.

Yo what? I gotta test that. If so thats amazing if you run a team of nick fury, quake, ghost, wasp since you'd prob be running suicides. Never heard about that till now
    Toss CMM or Havok in there for a super solid team. I have all 6 of em as R5's. 👀
  • Options

Its a nice interaction with nick's evade charge synergy, you could also technically switch quake with antman to boost ghosts damage but quake is quake.
    I tried it and it didn't work. How do you do it exactly?
  • Options

Its a nice interaction with nick's evade charge synergy, you could also technically switch quake with antman to boost ghosts damage but quake is quake.
    Uh, so wasp should have 3 evade charge icons from the nick fury and quake synergy. When ur hit she uses up a charge and does her evade thing, that shrugs the poison
    It's says it's an 8% chance, so I guess it's worth a shot
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    She is quite fun to play. Very impressive damage output and a playstyle that barely needs you to block. Only thing is I find her annoying to use against champs with hard to evade specials. Block damage is far too high.
  • Options
    BuckyBruhBuckyBruh Posts: 453 ★★★
    edited January 2021

Some combo meter based things with wasp.
  • Options

Uh, so wasp should have 3 evade charge icons from the nick fury and quake synergy. When ur hit she uses up a charge and does her evade thing, that shrugs the poison
    No I mean the chance wasp has to shrug off the poison from suicides when evading is 8%
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★

No I mean the chance wasp has to shrug off the poison from suicides when evading is 8%
    No the shrug-off is 100% if she evades. She was designed that way so that she couldn't be shut down by coldsnap.
  • Options
    SempaidavidSempaidavid Posts: 114
    Thats the only way ive ever seen her played