Champion Spotlight - Psycho-Man
Psycho-Man is a genius scientist and ruler of a technocratic system of worlds in the Microverse. Obsessed with conquering the normal-sized universe, he crafted a mechanical exoskeleton so he could interact with things not on a microscopic scale. He carries with him the Control Box, a device capable of creating and controlling the emotions of anyone he chooses, especially feelings of Hate, Fear, and Doubt.
Psycho-Man is focused on manipulating his Opponents into doing specific actions, then punishing them for doing so. His Control Box has 3 modes, Hate, Fear, and Doubt. Hate is associated with Heavy Attacks, Fear with Special Attacks, and Doubt with Blocking. When Opponents perform the action that’s tied to his current mode, they are inflicted with Concussion, and Psycho-Man gains Power from striking them during or after that action. His Special Attacks also trigger different effects depending on what mode he is in.
Base Stats & Abilities
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
|6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)||38887||2994||13660|
Character Class: Tech
Basic Abilities: Control Box, Shock, Power Drain, Heal Block
- Psycho-Man has a variety of ways to inflict Concussion on his Opponents, causing their abilities to fail. And when those abilities do fail, he doubles-down on the punishment by inflicting Heal Block and Power Lock.
- Power Control
- In Doubt mode, Psycho-Man’s Special Attacks inflict a variety of different effects that control the Opponent’s Power. And since those Special Attacks are also Unblockable, and he gains Power from hitting his Opponent’s Block, it’s very easy to hit the Opponent with them.
- Unique Buffs
- Psycho-Man is dependent on getting his Opponent’s abilities to fail through Concussion. However, the potency of his Concussions is reduced for each unique Buff on the Opponent. So those who are easily able to maintain a variety of Buffs will have an easier time against him.
- Strong Basic Attacks
- The other good option against Psycho-Man is to just ignore his Control Box entirely. Characters with strong basic Attacks, that aren’t dependent on specific abilities triggering at certain times are able to effectively ignore his Control Box.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- The potency of Psycho-Man’s Concussions are reduced by 25% flat for each unique Buff on the Opponent, up to 3. This cannot reduce them below 0%.
- The potency of Psycho-Man’s Concussions are increased by 75% flat against Mutants.
- Combat Power Rate is decreased by 10%.
- Psycho-Man carries a Control Box with 3 modes: Hate, Fear, and Doubt, flooding his Opponent’s mind with the selected emotion at all times. The Control Box starts in Hate mode.
- While fighting as an Attacker, Psycho-Man cycles to the next mode whenever his Fourth Light Attack lands a hit or it strikes into a block.
- While fighting as a Defender, Psycho-Man cycles to the next mode when the Opponent fills a Bar of Power. If the Bar was filled during Psycho-Man’s Special Attacks, it cycles after the attack is finished.
- Psycho-Man’s abilities change depending on the current Control Box Mode.
Control Box - Passive
- Hate: Opponents fight more aggressively, and suffer Passive Concussion during Heavy Charge and Heavy Attack, reducing Ability Accuracy by -75%.
- Fear: Opponents are 70% more likely to use a Special Attack, and suffer Passive Concussion during Special Attacks, reducing Ability Accuracy by -75%.
- Doubt: Opponents fight more defensively, are 70% less likely to use a Special Attack, and suffer Passive Concussion while Blocking, reducing Ability Accuracy by -25%.
The fact that Opponents are more likely to use Special Attacks is also useful for All or Nothing nodes, even when the Opponent is Taunt Immune.
Control Box - All Attacks
- Hate: Striking the Opponent while they are executing or recovering from a Heavy Charge or Heavy Attack grants Psycho-Man 18% of a Bar of Power.
- Fear: Striking the Opponent while they are recovering from a Special Attack grants Psycho-Man 25% of a Bar of Power.
- Doubt: Striking the Opponent while they are Blocking grants Psycho-Man 8% of a Bar of Power.
Opponent activates a Special Attack
- Psycho-Man’s mechanical exoskeleton causes his Opponents to suffer -1400 Critical Rating during their Special Attacks.
| Special 1 - Waves of Emotion
| Special 2 - Traumatic Experience
| Special 3 - Emotional Breakdown
| Signature Ability - Microverse Overlord
The Power gain listed in the third point is based around a 5% heal or a Power gain of 25% of a Bar. So if the Opponent were to heal 10% of their max health, Psycho-Man would actually gain twice as much Power as listed here.
Malice - Unique - 3-star and up - With Invisible Woman
- Psycho-Man: Psycho-Man’s Ability Accuracy reduction effects reduce Ability Accuracy by an additional -15% flat.
- Invisible Woman: While Invisible, all Attacks have a 25% chance to place a Vulnerability Debuff on the Opponent.
Pure Hatred - Unique - 4-star and up - With Coming Soon
- Psycho-Man: The Control Box is unable to cycle out of Hate mode and Opponents are 20% more likely to use a Heavy Attack. Personal Shock Debuff potency is increased by +60%. Personal Fury Buffs refresh when the Fourth Light Attack lands a hit or it strikes into a block.
Dinky Shrinks - Unique - 4-star and up - With Ant-Man, Wasp, Yellowjacket
- Psycho-Man: Heavy Attacks grant a non-stacking Armor Up Buff, increasing Armor Rating by +600 for 10 second(s).
- Ant-Man: Special Attack 1 inflicts the Opponent with 2 Stagger Debuffs for 12 second(s), each causing the next Buff they trigger to be immediately Nullified.
- Wasp: +1200 Block Proficiency.
- Yellowjacket: When the Opponent fills a Bar of Power, they gain a Power Sting Debuff for 8 seconds, dealing 30% of Yellowjacket's Attack as Direct Damage.
There Goes The Multiverse - Unique - 3-star and up - With Deadpool, Deadpool (X-Force), Man-Thing
- Psycho-Man: Power Lock and Heal Block effects last 15% longer.
- Deadpool, Deadpool (X-Force): Heavy Attacks inflict a non-stacking Armor Break Debuff, reducing Armor Rating by -700 for 10 second(s). Reverberate this!
- Man-Thing: Gain up to 25% Perfect Block Chance based on Agitation.
Enemies - 2-star and up- With She-Hulk, Thing, Human Torch, Mister Fantastic
- All Champions gain +85/115/155 Critical Rating.
- Assassin is already a great mastery, but Psycho-Man can gain additional benefits from it. The mastery decreases Opponent’s Defensive Ability Accuracy while they are below 18% health. This decrease stacks on top of Psycho-Man’s Concussions, making it even more likely for their abilities to fail and trigger Psycho-Man’s Signature Ability.
Post edited by Kabam Boo on