Champion Spotlight - Yellowjacket

About Yellowjacket
After learning the science behind Hank Pym’s astonishing shrinking suit, the ruthless tech mogul Darren Cross devoted his resources to creating a prototype suit with similar abilities. Cross envisioned this high-power cybernetic rig as a means to take modern warfare to a new level, personally overseeing its retrofitting and weaponization. Cross dons the imposing armor himself in hope of achieving final victory as Yellowjacket!

Yellowjacket's Mechanics

Check out Yellowjacket's new and improved kit. Manage your Nuclear Cores, do massive burst damage and reverse your opponents’ healing abilities with a well-placed Petrify. Watch out for Yellowjacket on Defense too, his new kit provides some new threats, especially to those pesky Mystic types.

BASE STATS & ABILITIES
   Health  Attack  PI (Max Signature)
 3-Star  6609  498  1901
 4-Star  16572  1249  4770
 5-Star  33227  2504  10550
 6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)  42815  3227  13569

Character Class: Science
Basic Abilities: Power Sting, Petrify

STRENGTHS:
  • Healing Reversal
  • Power Sting Damage
WEAKNESSES:
  • Debuff Shrug
  • DOT Damage

ABILITIES:
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion

Always Active
  • +4900 Energy Resistance.
  • +1130.77 Physical Resistance.
Nuclear Core - Always Active
  • Starting Charge: 40. Overheat Point: 100+
  • For each Charge: Increase the Potency of personal Debuffs by 1% & reduce the opponent’s Regeneration Rate by 1%.
  • Either Champion lands a hit: +1 Charge. 60% Chance.
  • Opponent Launches a Special Attack: +10 Charge. 100% Chance.
Dev Notes: Pair that reduced Regen Rate with the SP2 Petrify and have all your regen worries disappear!

Nuclear Core - Meltdown
  • When Charge is gained above the Overheat Point, there’s a chance to enter Meltdown for 12 seconds. Chance increases with Charge.
  • While Meltdown is active: Any contact with the opponent has a 75% chance to inflict a burst of 876.4 Physical Damage on them.
  • When Meltdown ends: Reset Core back to Starting Charge.
Dev Notes: Watch out for this when you’re fighting Yellowjacket, it will be the key to dealing with his new defensive powers!

Incoming Unblockable Special Attacks
  • Each hit has a 100% chance to spend 10 Nuclear Core Charge to reduce the opponent’s Attack Rating by 75%.
Special Attacks - Mystic Opponent
  • Personal Debuffs trigger when the attack is launched instead of on hit and they are Paused for the duration of the attack.

SPECIAL ATTACKS
Special 1 - Biosting Blast
  • Inflicts up to 3 Power Sting Debuffs, with each having a 90% chance to activate and lasting 10 seconds. An opponent with Power Sting takes 1878 direct damage if they activate a Special Attack.

Special 2 - Power Sting
  • 100% chance to inflict a Petrify Debuff for 15 seconds, reducing the opponent’s Regeneration and Power Gain Rate by a flat 50%.

Special 3 - Biosting Barrage
  • 100% chance to inflict an indefinite Power Sting Debuff causing 5508.8 direct damage to the opponent if they activate a Special Attack.

Signature Ability - Hostile Takeover
  • Personal Debuff Enhancement:
  • Special 1: Power Sting has a 100% chance to inflict a 2.10 second Stun Debuff if it expires after lasting its full duration.
  • Special 2: Gain +5 Core Charge when Petrify ends.
  • Special 3: Power Sting has a 100% chance to re-apply itself once triggered. Chance decreases by 0% each time this happens.
Dev Notes: The SP3 paired with a high Signature Ability level will lead to a ton of free damage in longer fights! The 0% chance is only at Max Signature Ability for reapplying the Power Sting, this may be a bit odd but it actually means there is 100% chance to reapply the power Sting!

SYNERGY BONUSES
ALL-PURPOSE WEAPON OF WAR - Unique Synergy
  • Yellowjacket: Heavy Attack: 100% chance to spend 10 Core Charge to inflict a Slow Debuff for 10 seconds, preventing Evade or Unstoppable effects from activating. Opponents with a natural class advantage cannot be Slowed.

POWER OF MONEY - Joe Fixit, Yondu, Kingpin, Taskmaster - Unique Synergy
  • Villain Champions: +5% Attack Rating.
  • Yellowjacket: Inflicting a Debuff grants +10 Core Charge. Cooldown: 10 seconds.

REVOLUTIONS NEED ARMS - Killmonger, Mole Man, Magneto, Storm (Pyramid X) - Unique Synergy
  • Villain Champions:+5% Health Rating.
  • Yellowjacket: Nuclear Core Starting Charge and Overheat Point are increased by +10.

NEMESIS - Ant-Man, Wasp
  • All Champions Gain +6% Attack

Idol - Hulkbuster, Iron Man, Iron Man (Infinity War), Superior Iron Man
  • All Champions gain +4% Health & Attack rating.
Rivals - Ultron, Loki, Kang
  • All Champions gain +115 Critical Damage Rating

RECOMMENDED MASTERIES
Despair:
  • Debuffs are the name of the game with Yellowjacket, adding some extra Regen Rate Reduction is killer in the new and improved kit!

Petrify:
  • A well timed Stun paired with a big SP2 is going to erase any healing that your opponent might try and bring to a fight.
Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 3,170 ★★★★★
    edited February 1

• 100% chance to inflict an indefinite Power Sting Debuff causing 5508.8 direct damage to the opponent if they activate a Special Attack.
    Dev Notes: The SP3 paired with a high Signature Ability level will lead to a ton of free damage in longer fights! The 0% chance is only at Max Signature Ability for reapplying the Power Sting, this may be a bit odd but it actually means there is 100% chance to reapply the power Sting!
    That's great, offensively. I'm a little concerned that this sounds worryingly like the Biosting3.0 node, which has been used when Yellowjacket is defending in certain quests.

An issue with that node is that rather than causing damage "If they activate" a Special Attack, it actually causes the Power Sting damage to occur on Every hit of a Special Attack.

This is a real problem if you're using champions who have multi-hit special Attacks. Does this affect every hit of a multi-hit attack? And if so, is that intended?
  • slackerslacker Posts: 471 ★★★

do massive burst damage

This part needs to be revised.
    So this damage isn't massive enough ?

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,334 ★★★★
    Sig 99 3* and 4* only scale up to 10.02%. Seems like a bug.

Sig 121 5* is 14.01%

Sig 99 3* and 4* only scale up to 10.02%. Seems like a bug.

Sig 121 5* is 14.01%

Just confirmed with the 4* at sig 99 it falls off eventually. Also, the SP3 Power-Sting is non-stacking. I hope that is a bug as well. Please make that stack, as it would make him much better for long fights.

That's great, offensively. I'm a little concerned that this sounds worryingly like the Biosting3.0 node, which has been used when Yellowjacket is defending in certain quests.

An issue with that node is that rather than causing damage "If they activate" a Special Attack, it actually causes the Power Sting damage to occur on Every hit of a Special Attack.

This is a real problem if you're using champions who have multi-hit special Attacks. Does this affect every hit of a multi-hit attack? And if so, is that intended?
    It doesn't apply to every hit.
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 679 ★★★
    Wooooohhhhh
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 4,984 ★★★★★

Yellow jacket is as better before the buff..! It’s a nerf and not a buff.. his damage is so pathetic ..! Disappointed with this update ..!

This community doesn't deserve buffs. Yellowjacket is a beast now, calling it a nerf is pathetic.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 3,170 ★★★★★

It doesn't apply to every hit.
    Thanks.
  • war10ckedwar10cked Posts: 29
    His basic attack deal close to no damage at all. he is not a ramp up champ. One may say 50k is a massive damage but for look at the game & look at the other 3 buff. this damage is not enough. i don't want him as game changer.
    but kabam can do either of two thing:
    1. power sting mechanic easily build up. (may be parry)
    2. Increase his attack so play with him feels better
  • YsFYsF Posts: 52
    edited February 2
    Overall, I would say that he's pretty decent as compared to before, although some points might have made him even better:
    1. Meltdown shouldn't give him a 75% chance for additional damage, it should be 100%.
    2. During Meltdown, using a special attack should grant more of the additional damage, otherwise it's not worth calling it a burst of damage.
    3. Although he has a good utility kit, but the duration of the slow and petrify could be increased, or a way to refresh them could be available like the fourth light hit at the expanse of 5 charges.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    edited February 2
    Meltdown Time Should Increase to 24sec it's the only way of dealing damage with him

Abilities that stay for less than 15sec are way to short specially for this mechanique who does not give him some crazy damage it's pretty much regular

Also the energy damage on meltdown with specials should be higher something like 15/20% damage instead of 800 !

Imo i was pretty disapointed in yj buff since there is way few good sciences in the game as of now was hoping he'd be my first r3 science but no way with this Kit

Hear This :

### All Buffs should give champions a way to deal some good amount of damages ou don't tell someone he is a utility champ bcz when you are facing a 200k+ opennents like everywhere in the game he is worthless without the damages

i'd rather bring a champ who cannot slow/petrify and deal lots of damages instead of staying 40min on a fight
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★

Yellow jacket is as better before the buff..! It’s a nerf and not a buff.. his damage is so pathetic ..! Disappointed with this update ..!

This community doesn't deserve buffs. Yellowjacket is a beast now, calling it a nerf is pathetic.
    i agree mate pretty much like a nerf he was hitting harder before now hits like a puppy
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,796 ★★★★★

i agree mate pretty much like a nerf he was hitting harder before now hits like a puppy
    LMAO whAT
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,796 ★★★★★

Hear This :

### All Buffs should give champions a way to deal some good amount of damages ou don't tell someone he is a utility champ bcz when you are facing a 200k+ opennents like everywhere in the game he is worthless without the damages

i'd rather bring a champ who cannot slow/petrify and deal lots of damages instead of staying 40min on a fight

He deals more damage than he did before. Ta-da. Buff successful.
  • Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 351 ★★★
    slacker said:

do massive burst damage

Personally, i love the buff. But i have to ask...how in the world do you get that much damage?
  • DockdaDockda Posts: 4
    Pair him with Mr. Fantastic, She Hulk to get up to 6 power stings on sp1. Add Hulkbuster to refresh some of those power stings.
    Add the sp3 power sting to the mix, and he hits almost as good as Spider-Ham.
    Dockda said:

Pair him with Mr. Fantastic, She Hulk to get up to 6 power stings on sp1. Add Hulkbuster to refresh some of those power stings.
    Add the sp3 power sting to the mix, and he hits almost as good as Spider-Ham.

HB increases the potency, Wasp adds a chance for them to refresh.
  • Tano177Tano177 Posts: 8

His damage is low tho... He's got the utility but the damage is low. 0.5% attack rating per core charge wouldn't be too broken, would it?
    Wasp synergy seems to be broken. I haven’t had one regular Powersting refresh itself with testing him out with Wasp on the team. It definitely worked before. It’s busted or I just have the worst RNG ever. Please look into it
  • slackerslacker Posts: 471 ★★★
    edited February 3

slacker said:

do massive burst damage

Personally, i love the buff. But i have to ask...how in the world do you get that much damage?
    It's not mine tho... but his power sting damage now scale with his modifile atk not base atk, means if you can increase his basic atk, so does his power sting damage, like if you used suicide on him, his power sting damage increase too.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 4,900 ★★★★
    Can a 4-Star take out RoL Wolverine?
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 412 ★★
    edited February 27

slacker said:

do massive burst damage

Without synergies, at sig 200 you should stack never-ending power stings with multiple S3. I guess that it is a bug now.
    If you launch the S3 three times, then enjoy.