**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My hatred for Void deepens...

2»

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★

Just humor me for a second. Let me now ask you guys what the negative implications would be if all of a sudden Void was changed to only inflict damage on debuffs that either he, a node or his own masteries have placed on the opponent. In other words, if any debuff that his opponent placed on themselves via ability or masteries did not count anymore.

He wouldn't be good against characters like iAbom, or Suicide users.
    Are suicides users a category of "things a counter is needed for"? 😂 Why does he need to be good against suicide users? Also, he can still place debuffs in both of these scenarios via his own abilities, masteries or nodes. Why is he no longer "good" against them?
    You ever done Alliance War?
    Yes, I have. Check my profile and war mvp stats if you wish. It's nearly 300. So yes, I've been playing war since the original map, before seasons was introduced. Any other relevant questions?
    So why make him worse against Suicide users?
    In my opinion, he would still be a good defender in the right situation. Whether someone is a good defender shouldn't rely on an ability to punish a player's mastery choices. But yes, it would now mean has to be more intelligently placed because he no longer receives an automatic win against suicide users. He now has to actually earn his win in this type of match. Hardly a reason to stop us from changing his design, if I'm honest.
    I just don't get what your main gripe with Void's mechanic is. Is it that he makes matchups too easy? The same could be said with other characters. Is it because he has the potential of auto-killing other matchups? The same could be said with other characters. So why change him?
    Just out of curiosity, do you run suicides never, rarely, half and half or always? There's no doubt that my original dislike for the interaction in discussion here was because I enjoy using suicides. I did resent the fact that my mastery choices were bring punished in this way. I won't deny it. But, I accepted it and moved on. Because yes, just as any "unavoidable" damage can be countered with the right attacker, so can this. Via Ghost or double immune, etc. It doesn't mean I still wouldn't prefer to be able to beat Void with skill and not receive an automatic loss because of my mastery choices. I only decided to raise the issue once again because of this new interaction with KP. It just seemed like a natural time to ask the question. Does Voids design male 100% sense? That's all, just raising the question for us to debate it.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Lol just because one guy is sad he cannot beat void does not mean he should be reworked hes really not that hard.

Lol just because one guy is sad he cannot beat void does not mean he should be reworked hes really not that hard.

Just trolling I assume? That's cool... Just in case you're being serious, read the thread please. I've done all content and have been playing for 4 years. Anyone have an intelligent or relevant opinion to give on the matter? If not, I guess we can shut it down now. 😂 Was hoping for some thoughtful feedback from all sides vs "Don't nerf my Void!" I'm not suggesting a nerf at all. All good. We'll agree to disagree. And as for the notion that he needs this interaction to be a good war defender. I'm sorry, but it's misguided. If I encounter your Void in a war, I'll just Ghost him or send someone else who doesn't use suicides to onehshot him. I really don't get the "he needs to punish suicides to be a good defender" argument. It won't help him. He will either be killed by a double immune, Ghost or someone without Suicides out of the 10 available attack teams?
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

Just trolling I assume? That's cool... Just in case you're being serious, read the thread please. I've done all content and have been playing for 4 years. Anyone have an intelligent or relevant opinion to give on the matter? If not, I guess we can shut it down now. 😂 Was hoping for some thoughtful feedback from all sides vs "Don't nerf my Void!" I'm not suggesting a nerf at all. All good. We'll agree to disagree. And as for the notion that he needs this interaction to be a good war defender. I'm sorry, but it's misguided. If I encounter your Void in a war, I'll just Ghost him or send someone else who doesn't use suicides to onehshot him. I really don't get the "he needs to punish suicides to be a good defender" argument. It won't help him. He will either be killed by a double immune, Ghost or someone without Suicides out of the 10 available attack teams?
    Intelligent or relevant opinion? So you are one of those huh.

Intelligent or relevant opinion? So you are one of those huh.
    Not sure what that means my friend. Did you think that "lol.. learn to fight Void" was an intelligent comment? Or did you think I was referring to other comments in this thread. My last comment was only directed at the misinformed "git gud" comment. Not at yourself or the others who did give intelligent opinions.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Big whoop

-Sentinel (mutant killer) vs Magneto
    -Doc Ock (Tech) vs Hyperion [Constantly power locking him]
    -Colossus (metal champ) vs Magneto
    -Act 7 Vision Aarkus vs Duped Dr. Doom
    -Black Widow vs Human Torch
    -Elsa vs Red Hulk
    -Havok vs Taskmaster

etc...
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    Well its kind of like when you go into a fight against Sorcerer supreme with a heavy buff Cosmic and die right at the start of the fight from getting you buff nullified. Your just don't do it.. Except SS does have the class advantage.
    True. Interestingly, we've seen a buff immune character enter the game in RG. Wonder if we'll ever see a debuff immune character at some point..
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

Magneto doesn't have an advantage against techs. He has an advantage against metal champs. Which finally makes sense. Class relationship aside. It's an ability thing. Kingpin shrugs debuffs, but is unplayable against a debuff reliant champ?

I mean all techs are metal except Rocket and SL I’m pretty sure so like...it’s basically everybody.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Big whoop

-Sentinel (mutant killer) vs Magneto
    -Doc Ock (Tech) vs Hyperion [Constantly power locking him]
    -Colossus (metal champ) vs Magneto
    -Act 7 Vision Aarkus vs Duped Dr. Doom
    -Black Widow vs Human Torch
    -Elsa vs Red Hulk
    -Havok vs Taskmaster

etc...

Elsa vs red hulk is not that difficult. Just don't use Winchesters.
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 ★★
    Void is Void. Period. Your choice of using suicides is the risk you take to deal more damage. Void is just above you on the food chain. There will be no nerf.