**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unbeatable Doctor Voodoo??

The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hey guys. Currently finishing exploration of 6.3, and right now I’m doing the vigor path. I found it super fun until I got to Doctor Voodoo. His signature ability lowers AA by a very significant amount, and doesn’t seem to change regardless of your current hit count (odd or even). This is super frustrating because unless he has a shock on him, you deal -90% damage. So even if in the beginning I’m able to take a chunk off him, he heals it back up as soon as he uses a special. This renders the boost for this path and Warlock/Sentinel shock abilities useless. I’ve tried different strategies, but as soon as he gets to the AA reduction stage after using a special, there’s seemingly no beating him. Am I missing something? How did you beat this guy?
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Even though you lose the shock and the fight would take longer, won't Void or torch take him down with damage over time debuffs and heal reversal, especially with max despair and/or torches prefight?

Or just forget the shock and parry, heavy with warlock to keep the infection up and let the bleeds wear him down while keeping the regen in check?

I haven't done that path or checked the nodes, so am just spit balling, but seems like they would all work. If I'm off base due to other nodes on that fight, disregard.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    It matters only if you get hit by him. If you are not hit, then his combo is at 0 and he will not place the brother daniel on you and the AA reduction will not affect you. Sentinel works great against him, try to get to 100 charges asap and you can fire sp1 on his block to heal block him. If you have gaurdian, use him because he can mow him down after 1 sp1 and 1 sp2. IMIW has unblockable sp1 and can heal block him if he is healing. @The_Blue_Jaguar