Hypothetical battle, who would win? Phoenix Vs Scarlet Witch

QacobQacob Member Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
So I've just finished watching "X-men: Apocalypse" and while watching it I realised the very strong similarities between Jean and Wanda. Both characters are very strong telepaths and they share very similar scenes - they both take on and dominate the final villain of the film after everyone else has grouped together to try and stop them and failed. (We will ignore the fact that Wanda was interrupted by an airstrike)

Anyway, then I started wondering, who is the more powerful of the two? Who would win in a 1v1 battle? So that's what I'm here to ask, who would best the other in combat, Phoenix or Scarlet Witch?

I've only watched the film's so I'm waiting for some comic fan to come in like "actually they've already fought 17658 times and...."

Hypothetical battle, who would win? Phoenix Vs Scarlet Witch 114 votes

Pheonix
48%
winterthurIl_CuocoJank39Darkrider05Lvernon1516wegnerkNojokejaymThatGuyYouSaw235Hammerbro_64ShtickRickKerneasAssumedNameLmaoChampioncriticshadow_lurker22JuggerNotTorah13Marvel2289Reverend_RuckusDenzel116 55 votes
Scarlet Witch
51%
Lightburn22FrostyTheManMythLegendphillgreenDrake2078YoMovesBrandonmballouSamuel030sbubbaXzoneBsuGuyPintzzPrathapKDSuperFlash10DjinCaptain_Pug30JAATKINGOGAvengerNichj99ddomBahubali 59 votes

Comments

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Member Posts: 6,469 ★★★★★
    Scarlet Witch
    Depends on what variation or time period the character is from. But if its MCU SWA vs Fox Xmen Phoenix, then Phoenix.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,937 ★★★★★
    Scarlet Witch
    I watched this on Thursday before the episode lol.

Wanda easily, have you seen Dark Phoenix?
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Member Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Pheonix
    Wanda is definitely powerful, but the Phoenix Force is probably in the top 20 most powerful entities, if not the top 10.

If it’s movie versions, it would be closer, but comic version with both at the heights of their power, Phoenix would probably beat her 8/10 times.
  • QacobQacob Member Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

No, kinda gave up on the x-men films.
  • Cam97Cam97 Member Posts: 392 ★★
    I think Endgame Wanda beats Sansa Stark in Apocalypse but the one in Dark Pheonix and the old school last stand Jean easily beats mcu wanda
    Comics are at the discretion of the writer although even house of m wanda should stand no chance tbh
    Scarlet Witch
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Don’t. Worse than grinding arena
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Scarlet Witch
    Wanda is probably one of the top 10 most powerful characters in comics. It would be close, but the Phoenix Force has been beaten before, so my money’s on Scarlet Witch.
  • QacobQacob Member Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

So literal hell. I will stay well clear then.
    Scarlet Witch
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

I thought it was decent
  • Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Member Posts: 488 ★★★
    Scarlet Witch
    WPOC or True Phoenix Force beat any Wanda. Any Wanda beats weaker variants of Phoenix (i.e. Rachel Grey or movie Phoenix). Any other form of Phoenix from the comics and Wanda in the comics (there’s only one her) are perfectly balanced, they’re a literal Yin-Yang.
    Crcrcrc said:

Wanda is probably one of the top 10 most powerful characters in comics. It would be close, but the Phoenix Force has been beaten before, so my money’s on Scarlet Witch.

Depends on how you define character. Marvel has all the cosmic entities so if they are characters shes not top 20 even house of m version.
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

No matter anyones opinion of the plot or certain characters Mcavoy and Fassbender (Prof X and magneto) are absolutely amazing in all of them with some beautiful moments together. Not to mention the quicksilver scenes which while brief steal the show and are in my mind the best speedster scenes ever put in any comic movie.

But they have flaws certainly ill adamantly say that 2/4 best x men movies (first class and days of future past) are from the new cast/movies along with logan and x2
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,114 ★★★★★
    Pheonix
    If we’re talking about comics it’s definitely the Phoenix force
  • EtjamaEtjama Member Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Cam97 said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

No matter anyones opinion of the plot or certain characters Mcavoy and Fassbender (Prof X and magneto) are absolutely amazing in all of them with some beautiful moments together. Not to mention the quicksilver scenes which while brief steal the show and are in my mind the best speedster scenes ever put in any comic movie.

But they have flaws certainly ill adamantly say that 2/4 best x men movies (first class and days of future past) are from the new cast/movies along with logan and x2
    Yup, Mcavoy, Fassbender, and Peters make the more recent movies bearable since they're so amazing and talented. The older X-Men movies had a certain character about them that I rather enjoyed and Magneto/Prof X were perfectly cast back then as well. Ian Mckellen and Jean-Luc Freakin Picard, are you kidding me!? (Yes, I know his real name is actually Patrick Stewart, guys.)
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Member Posts: 4,498 ★★★★★
    MCU/Movies, Comics or MCOC?
    Scarlet Witch
    Cam97 said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

McAvoy and Fassbender are the standouts. Everyone else is really forgettable. Jessica Chastains character (the entire species really) is stupid, and Mystiques death is... just kinda there. And sidelining Evan Peters? Bad idea.

Cam97 said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

McAvoy and Fassbender are the standouts. Everyone else is really forgettable. Jessica Chastains character (the entire species really) is stupid, and Mystiques death is... just kinda there. And sidelining Evan Peters? Bad idea.
    Oh i agree with you completely. Dark Pheonix was a huge L. I was just saying 1st Class and DOFP are 2 of my fav x men movies. Even apocalypse despite having a moment or 2 was disappointing imho. Havok was cool tho.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,955 ★★★★★
    No nodes or additional abilities, outside of the base one's?

It would likely be Scarlet Witch.
    Not only she has class advantage, but she can also nullify Phoenix fury buffs, as well as applying power locks here and there in order to keep her power control.
    And while being hit, she could end up applying poison debuffs to Phoenix, which she isn't immune to. Is kinda of a defensive ability going on favor of SW here, while Phoenix doesn't have too much going on for her defensively.
  • Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Member Posts: 488 ★★★
    Scarlet Witch

No nodes or additional abilities, outside of the base one's?

It would likely be Scarlet Witch.
    Not only she has class advantage, but she can also nullify Phoenix fury buffs, as well as applying power locks here and there in order to keep her power control.
    And while being hit, she could end up applying poison debuffs to Phoenix, which she isn't immune to. Is kinda of a defensive ability going on favor of SW here, while Phoenix doesn't have too much going on for her defensively.

@will-o-wisp was this a joke or did u just not realize they weren’t talking about mcoc?
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,482 Guardian
    Scarlet Witch

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

100% Hollywood just can not make a good dark Phoenix movie
    Pheonix
    Since the discussion has turned to X-men movies, I’ve recently seen DoFP and Apoc on D+ And enjoyed them both. Are there any others I should watch sometime (and an order in which to watch them; I have no clue what the timeline is based on the titles)?
    Scarlet Witch

Since the discussion has turned to X-men movies, I’ve recently seen DoFP and Apoc on D+ And enjoyed them both. Are there any others I should watch sometime (and an order in which to watch them; I have no clue what the timeline is based on the titles)?

Honestly, if you liked those ones, I would watch the whole series in order.
    I believe it goes:
    X Men
    X2
    X3 (don’t remember the name, but 3rd original sequel)
    First Class
    DoFP
    AoA
    Dark Phoenix
    That’s the ones I remember, could be missing a few. I also highly recommend Logan. It wasn’t well received, but I thought it was an awesome Wolverine movie.
    Scarlet Witch

The release timeline is

X-Men
    X-2
    X-Men: The Last Stand
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    X-Men: First Class
    The Wolverine (this one was fun)
    X-Men: Days of Future Past
    X-Men: Apocalypse
    Logan
    Trash X-Men: Dark Phoenix

There’s also the two Deadpool films, but they don’t tie in as much (there is a cameo, I know)

then there’s New Mutants, which released under the Disney umbrella.
    Scarlet Witch
    Crcrcrc said:

I believe it goes:
    X Men
    X2
    First Class
    DoFP
    AoA
    Dark Phoenix
    That’s the ones I remember, could be missing a few. I also highly recommend Logan. It wasn’t well received, but I thought it was an awesome Wolverine movie.
    oh did he just want the x-men films 🤦‍♂️
    Scarlet Witch

Crcrcrc said:

I believe it goes:
    X Men
    X2
    First Class
    DoFP
    AoA
    Dark Phoenix
    oh did he just want the x-men films 🤦‍♂️
    Idk, that’s what I got out of it lol.
    Pheonix
    You answered my question dw and thank you two!
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Member Posts: 3,245 ★★★★★
    Pheonix

Cam97 said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

First Class and DOFP were actually pretty good Apocalypse was decent (should of been way better), dark phoenix was terrible. But I'm going to assume we are talking about comics in which case Phoenix takes the W.