R3 6* Punisher 2099 massive damage

QacobQacob Member Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
So as some of you know I am now the proud owner of a r3 punisher 2099, and a few of you were curious about him as it's a pretty unusual rank up, so I made this video to showcase him purely on a damage front.

Also this is not a self promo, I only have a Yt channel because it's the only way to show videos on the forums. And sorry for the horrendous quality, but it's just about good enough to cope with.

One last thing, don't pay much attention to the total hits because of his many hit special attacks.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/TlsJhfFXvjo

Comments

• QacobQacob Member Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

This is a really solid case to r3 mine over sentinel...

• odishika123odishika123 Member Posts: 5,408 ★★★★★
    Nice rank up bro

WAS IT ALL A LIE!!!?

You didn't read the whole thread did you?...
  • odishika123odishika123 Member Posts: 5,408 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

So as some of you know I am now the proud owner of a r3 punisher 2099, and a few of you were curious about him as it's a pretty unusual rank up, so I made this video to showcase him purely on a damage front.

Also this is not a self promo, I only have a Yt channel because it's the only way to show videos on the forums. And sorry for the horrendous quality, but it's just about good enough to cope with.

One last thing, don't pay much attention to the total hits because of his many hit special attacks.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/TlsJhfFXvjo

This was awesome just subbed
    Monke said:

Is this the ideal synergy team? Cuz I heard @Masterpuff say P99 has near HB level damage, but HB can do more w/ synergies doe

Anyways, very impressive showcase

He doesn't require any particular synergies so probably just a full attack team would be the best case for him. He's a very different champ to HB, I couldn't really tell you who's better.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Member Posts: 6,469 ★★★★★
    Monke said:

Is this the ideal synergy team? Cuz I heard Masterpuff say P99 has near HB level damage, but HB looks like he can do more w/ synergies doe

Send vid then.

And he needs CGR and Red Skull for max damage imo.
    Monke said:

You should, he's probably better

but first r3 Warlock my man
    I will.
    Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Is this the ideal synergy team? Cuz I heard @Masterpuff say P99 has near HB level damage, but HB can do more w/ synergies doe

He doesn't require any particular synergies so probably just a full attack team would be the best case for him. He's a very different champ to HB, I couldn't really tell you who's better.
    True. They both do different things very well

Monke said:

Is this the ideal synergy team? Cuz I heard Masterpuff say P99 has near HB level damage, but HB looks like he can do more w/ synergies doe

Send vid then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLUISXrkDlM&ab_channel=AceyMcoc
    And w/o one of the best synergies in Sorcerer

I wonder if a team of Red Skull, Ibom, CGR, and P99 would be good. They all have some nice synergies which go well together
    Sorry but that is a horrible showcase. You expect him to be played like that in act 6?
    Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Send vid then.

I wonder if a team of Red Skull, Ibom, CGR, and P99 would be good. They all have some nice synergies which go well together
    The thing is, theres no way that will work in act 6 and beyond.
    Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Is this the ideal synergy team? Cuz I heard Masterpuff say P99 has near HB level damage, but HB can do more w/ synergies doe

Monke said:

Send vid then.

Sorry but that is a horrible showcase. You expect him to be played like that in act 6?

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Send vid then.

Well, I wish there was a faster showcase. That's really the reason I hate using him in ROL. It sucks cuz of stupid AI problems

Edit: credit to acey, not me btw
    Yeah i saw. @Qacob @Monke why dont you two have a challenge?

Both bring white mags and an ideal synergy team and race to take down LoL OML.

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Is this the ideal synergy team? Cuz I heard Masterpuff say P99 has near HB level damage, but HB can do more w/ synergies doe

Monke said:

Send vid then.

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Send vid then.

Well, I wish there was a faster showcase. That's really the reason I hate using him in ROL. It sucks cuz of stupid AI problems

Well seeing as his HB is only r2... It's on
    Qacob said:

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Send vid then.

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Send vid then.

Well seeing as his HB is only r2... It's on
    Monke will have a bit of wiggle room. The forums can judge based on r2 vs r3.
    Monke said:

@Qacob @Masterpuff Comment got sent away, but I'll see what I can muster up

Boosts?

No boosts, no synergies
    Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Boosts?

No boosts, no synergies
    I meant to say boosts before, but didn't puff say

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Send vid then.

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Send vid then.

Oh yeah, okay then. No boosts though
  • WerewrymWerewrym Member Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Unlikely
    Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Boosts?

No boosts, no synergies

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Send vid then.

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Send vid then.

Ight
    Considering I don't have suicides and P99 is horrid with suicides. I'll buy suicides to beat you
    Honestly I wont at all mind if you beat me. It's not like I chose P99 over HB and am now facing regret. I also prefer Punishers utility.
    Werewrym said:

Unlikely
    Sentinel is better but i dont like him.
    Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Boosts?

No boosts, no synergies

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Send vid then.

Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

Send vid then.

Ight
    Considering I don't have suicides and P99 is horrid with suicides. I'll buy suicides to beat you
    Honestly I wont at all mind if you beat me. It's not like I chose P99 over HB and am now facing regret. I also prefer Punishers utility.
    Same if the other way around. I'd honestly like a P99 as a 6*. He's got solid damage and utility. Not like he's a noodle or anything. Very nice combination of both

They both have their ways of countering stuff (HB can stop healing w/ despair to P99 draining his battery for the heal block, HB's sp2 power control to P99's combat power rate, etc.) It's all good
    True, true. Still it will be cool to see how they compare.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Member Posts: 3,276 ★★★★★
    18k mediums pog
    Guys ima test my r3 warlock as well. I dont know how he will do.
    @Monke @Masterpuff I have realised after attempting this challenge that it is not a very good fight for p99 at all, at least, not damage wise.

The permanent regen means that punisher has to keep reapplying his heal block and in doing so pretty much cancels out his passive battery charge and means that you cannot sustain his overdrive for very long at all.

While this is a very effective heal block, as it is practically permanent, it really kills his damage and also his power control.

For that reason I can safely say that HB is far better for LoL OML than p99.
    Monke said:

Qacob said:

@-Monke @-Masterpuff I have realized after attempting this challenge that it is not a very good fight for p99 at all, at least, not damage wise.

The permanent regen means that punisher has to keep reapplying his heal block and in doing so pretty much cancels out his passive battery charge and means that you cannot sustain his overdrive for very long at all.

While this is a very effective heal block, as it is practically permanent, it really kills his damage and also his power control.

For that reason I can safely say that HB is far better than p99.

(Ok fine, I'll leave it back)

Hmm. Seems rough.

Labyrinth Star Lord instead?
    Sure, that will work. Also means I won't have to bring nick for rulk
    Monke said:

Qacob said:

Monke said:

Qacob said:

@-Monke @-Masterpuff I have realized after attempting this challenge that it is not a very good fight for p99 at all, at least, not damage wise.

For that reason I can safely say that HB is far better than p99.

(Ok fine, I'll leave it back)

Hmm. Seems rough.

Labyrinth Star Lord instead?
    Sure, that will work. Also means I won't have to bring nick for rulk
    Glad we could compromise. I'll get to work on how fast I can do it on camera
    Well, after some testing I feel pretty sure that HB is just outright better for longer fights like this. Fights that last longer than a full round of overcharge are definitely sub optimal for p99. I mean even so that's really not that big of a problem seeing as he was quite comfortably able to take WS out with just one overcharge, but yeah, having to wait for his battery to recharge is a pain.
    I will still try to get as fast a solo as possible though.