**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Aar bugs

Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
I keep seeing garbage interactions in various modes related to aar and buffs not applying to attackers. I noticed it first with domino preventing her own buffs in aq from the global. Now I'm running variant 6 with magneto. Against non-metal champs every unstoppable acts like it should, but against any magnetized champ the effect is broken. Whats the deal? Am I missing something or did yall break the game when I wasn't looking?

Comments

• Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Lol this is not a bug, aar prevents abilities whether they hurt or help you.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Yeah but not on yourself right? Just now in variant 4.2.1 using mags against crossbones, mags should gain power when xbones fires a special, but while magnetized it only triggered one time out of maybe 5 or 6 specials thrown by crossbones. Is that really how its intended?

Yes, it is how it's intended. It's a node and nodes are affected by AAR. You could go ahead and say that it's beneficial and shouldn't be affected, but how are we even supposed to quantify what nodes are beneficial?
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

Yeah but not on yourself right? Just now in variant 4.2.1 using mags against crossbones, mags should gain power when xbones fires a special, but while magnetized it only triggered one time out of maybe 5 or 6 specials thrown by crossbones. Is that really how its intended?

Yes, it is how it's intended. It's a node and nodes are affected by AAR. You could go ahead and say that it's beneficial and shouldn't be affected, but how are we even supposed to quantify what nodes are beneficial?
    If it gives me a passive fury or was specifically made to help us out, I'd say it's beneficial.

I mean I think we can come to a general consensus on whether or not something is beneficial, like he says above me. The debate could be had over whether or not matador is the defenders ability or the attackers, and whether or not the device meant for magneto to do no damage via basic or special attacks all the way through those fights. Side note: I only beat xbones because mags does a burst of energy damage with his heavy.

There are many many nodes that could hurt you in some situations or benefit you in others. There is no way to quantify which nodes are beneficial and which ones are not. @DNA3000 has done several write-ups on AAR vs. nodes and you guys can read those cauae I'm getting extremely sick of this argument. Wanting some nodes to be AAR immune just because you want them to benefit you is just insanely stupid. This is his the game works, it's how it should work.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

HI_guys said:

Etjama said:

If it gives me a passive fury or was specifically made to help us out, I'd say it's beneficial.

I mean I think we can come to a general consensus on whether or not something is beneficial, like he says above me. The debate could be had over whether or not matador is the defenders ability or the attackers, and whether or not the device meant for magneto to do no damage via basic or special attacks all the way through those fights. Side note: I only beat xbones because mags does a burst of energy damage with his heavy.

There are many many nodes that could hurt you in some situations or benefit you in others. There is no way to quantify which nodes are beneficial and which ones are not. @DNA3000 has done several write-ups on AAR vs. nodes and you guys can read those cauae I'm getting extremely sick of this argument. Wanting some nodes to be AAR immune just because you want them to benefit you is just insanely stupid. This is his the game works, it's how it should work.
    If you're getting sick why bring it up? You're the one who asked
    No, all I did was try to explain why AAR is shutting down power struggle. AAR is shutting down abilities!? OMG! How surprising!!!!
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Its shutting down matador. And I'm not arguing, I'm wondering. And its not fair to say aar affects all nodes anyway. I've never seen it shut down +300% health on a defender, or sp3 activated. I'm just curious why these things are working the way they do, and if its really what the devs wanted, or if they messed up and never fixed it.

There are nodes that are applied at the start, triggered conditionally, and triggered throughout the fight.

The nodes that are applied at the start cannot have their AA reduced by AAR effects after the fight has begun. This is why Magneto's AAR cannot shut down nodes like Flare.

Nodes like the ones you see in Cav EQ such as in this iteration of the Tech quest have a conditional and repeating element. These are the ones that can be shut down by AAR that is applied after the fight has started.