**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Juggernaut's Unstoppable Not Nullified

I'm trying to get uncollected, and I'm on Act 5.2.2. There's a Juggernaut on path C that I'm using my Beardo to fight. I've fought him twice (had to back out the first time) and both times I tried to hit him with at least 2 kinetic potential when he wasn't blocking, his unstoppable just stayed. Both times got me a combo that KO'd me. Is this something that has to do with the node, or is this a bug?

Comments

• Options
    Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209
    Were you trying to punish his heavy?
  • Options

Were you trying to punish his heavy?

Nope, he was open and wasn't attacking.
  • Options
    Rocket528Rocket528 Posts: 18
    This has actually happened to me many times with cap IW as well, but it happens infrequently
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,767 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    I tried fighting Juggernaut on that node.

There are two unstoppables, one from the node Heavy-Hitter (Heavy Attacks are not interrupted) and his own ability.

With CAIW, I can remove the Unstoppable generated from his own ability (provided CAIW has a kinetic potential) but not the Unstoppable from his heavy attack animation.

Are you attacking into Juggernaut with the icon showing the white top and bottom "border" ?
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    There is a passive unstoppable in play here. Cap only nullifies buffs.
  • Options
    Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    Exactly, the unstoppable he gets from heavy hitter node is passive. Cap IW can't nulify it. (Just wait a second and don't directly go in after he heavies)
  • Options

I tried fighting Juggernaut on that node.

Are you attacking into Juggernaut with the icon showing the white top and bottom "border" ?

I was very sure not to attack him after a heavy, and both times were after specials (from his ability). It’s just weird and I wish I recorded it, but I didn’t think it would happen twice.

Thanks for helping out, everyone. I just quaked him in the end. I rarely ever run into problems where Cap doesn’t nullify the buff, but twice on the same node was strange.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,767 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Found an app to slow down the recording.

This is removing Juggernaut's Unstoppable.

This is removing Juggernaut's Unstoppable but not the node from Heavy-Hitter.

Juggernaut retaliates.

Hope it helps.

I am so poor using Quake.
  • Options
    Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★

Found an app to slow down the recording.

This is removing Juggernaut's Unstoppable.

This is removing Juggernaut's Unstoppable but not the node from Heavy-Hitter.

Juggernaut retaliates.

Hope it helps.

I am so poor using Quake.

You can’t nullify the unstoppable from his heavy attack as it’s passive. In the first screenshot he only has 1 unstoppable icon with a solid border which shows it’s a buff, which cap can deal with.

In the third screenshot you can see he has 2 unstoppable icons, the buff and the passive (no border) as he is throwing a heavy attack. You can’t nullify a passive effect so your only nullifying the buff (in the 4th screenshot you can see he is left with 1 icon)

You need to wait out the passive effect before going in and you should be fine