**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hood Changes - Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★

KRoNX1 said:

He went down from high demi god to useful or maybe even occasionally useful in my tier list.

Agreed . Now he’s like a speciality champion for one fight it seems. Maybe some uses pop up here and there or a play style to refresh the bullets but right now he like a one champ per lane killer.
    yea he is occasionally useful rn. If he had this and his utility he would be god tier
  • Grim7787Grim7787 Posts: 73

So we get large burst damage for one fight and then he's useless? For real? It's this bad?

I'm honestly not sure if I'm more shocked or impressed at how bad this berf is. He's not OP with this + Fate Seal. Not even close, lmao.

Berf, hahaha, I like it
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    edited March 2021
    Let's test that new hood first.

But I am not very excited with this new changes. I liked hood mainly because his sp2 hexes and critical hits staggers.

Let's see if I will put him R5... Or need get back the that resources back.

• Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Grim7787 said:

So we get large burst damage for one fight and then he's useless? For real? It's this bad?

I'm honestly not sure if I'm more shocked or impressed at how bad this berf is. He's not OP with this + Fate Seal. Not even close, lmao.

Berf, hahaha, I like it
    Kabam have not berfed champions since even they are too scared of its power lol....
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    The bullets are easier to manage than I initially thought. Testing in Rol I was able to place plenty of bullets just by constantly staying invisible. I detonated several huge stack of 28 plus on ws, cm, and juggs. I am not able to carry very many persistent charges over to the next fight though.
  • FimbFimb Posts: 17
    edited March 2021
    There is one change that seem to have gone unnoticed. He new regen every time he triggers a stagger if one is already up. That’s a regen nearly every crit (461 hp for my 6* r1).

Hopefully, that part is not a bug :P
    edited March 2021
    It effectively cut the hit count on ws in half from what I am seeing so far

Before:

After: with sub optimal game play most likely

Done with a 6* r1 sig 20 hood
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    edited March 2021
    Guys rol opponents have more than 530k hp, in normal fights againts some opponents with 100-200k hp who gains a lot of buffs he will not spend all his ammo on one opponent
    So far the damage has actually kinda exceeded my expectations. If you can get the hex vulnerability and fire a lot of bullets you can get some nice red numbers off the heavy attack.

Still miss that fate seal though....

Agresssor said:

Guys rol opponents have more than 530k hp, in normal fights againts some opponents with 100-200k hp who gains a lot of buffs he will not spend all his ammo on one opponent

normal? where r u in content?
    i already did 7.1 100% even if the opponent have 300k hp with tons of buffs he will not spends all hes bullets in one fight, its impossible. With 4/55 hood againts rol winter soldier with 0 buffs, i managed to place more than 40 charges so imagine againts venom etc
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Before:

ok now do the second fight and it's like 700
    Exactly. U have the option to reduce the number of hits by filling the ammo using invisibility at the start of the fight. but it takes so much time and its really unrealistic.
    edited March 2021
    Crcrcrc said:

Before:

A person who is friendly with his head, knowing the new mechanics, is unlikely to go with him to the realm of legends when there are other strong champions for such quests, just take hood againts champions like venom and you will always have the bullets / burst damage
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    Agresssor said:

Crcrcrc said:

Before:

A person who is friendly with his head, knowing the new mechanics, is unlikely to go with him to the realm of legends when there are other strong champions for such quests, just take hood againts champions like venom and you will always have the bullets
    U know who else works really well on buff heavy opponents? Loki and ronan. Out of these type of matchups , they r really underwhelming.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    I just tested with a Rank 1 6 star. With a simple, no brainer rotation sp2->heavy, he dealt 54K extra damage. That IS quite impressive. I do think though that he shoulda had Fate Seal.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    I took a video of my 5* R4 hoods hexes exploding and I thought it was ok. However, there’s no really a reason that this damage should be limited to one fight. I found him fun and the staggers ending quickly actually helped hood stay near 100%. I still believe fate seal on the sp2 wouldn’t be gamebreaking. I would rate the buff 6/10.

https://youtu.be/iJDFJ1XJw_U
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    KRoNX1 said:

Agresssor said:

Crcrcrc said:

Before:

A person who is friendly with his head, knowing the new mechanics, is unlikely to go with him to the realm of legends when there are other strong champions for such quests, just take hood againts champions like venom and you will always have the bullets
    U know who else works really well on buff heavy opponents? Loki and ronan. Out of these type of matchups , they r really underwhelming.
    SS and Rogue too.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    All of those people focusing on Hood damage are completely missing the point.

Also, I’m extremely disappointed we have had no response on this and it was allowed to go live without comment

This is a change that the community was practically unanimously vocally opposed to, and we haven’t seen it addressed in any capacity. No explanation, not even a ‘We’ll take your feedback back to the team’

Hood players feel robbed here. Rightly or wrongly, something should have been said to at least maybe make them understand why these changes were necessary, and why it was his old kit that got cut

Yeah they didn't even say "we have no intention on changing him at this time". Would've been nice for a mod to at least acknowledge our presence.
    Why are you so worried about the hood, you'd better worry about those champions who have 1-2 lines in their abilities which people use once a year, especially since this is their game, they will do anything they want
    Crcrcrc said:

Before:

Actually cap marvel was 210, and jugs was 289 (but I let a stack of 60 expire on him 😅)

Also I was able to keep juggs from going unstoppable reasonably well. Nothing like before but not terrible either