**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Storm X. Overrated/Underrated/Juuuuust Right

Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
Recently pulled a 6* Storm X and really have not played with her at all til today. I really feel like she's a solid champ, glancing/can hit hard/slow mechanic/frostbite/shock/passive stuns. Play style seems fun as well, but I do not see many ranked up Storm X champs out there or anyone really talk about her at all. Just curious what the MCOC community thinks here in the forums.

Storm X. Overrated/Underrated/Juuuuust Right 48 votes

Overrated
6%
taker4uDenzel116Fabwizi 3 votes
Underrated
41%
TerraSymbioticVen9MDarkrider05Cowboyschamploo1RockypantherxEtjamaProximaMidnight_8ErosenseiogSmittyMCOCHazzaUnio77Ben_15455Agent_X_zzz0casual0Zura_1magnus_xixMarshMarloBarani7daScarcity27Iron_J3 20 votes
Perfectly Rated
39%
BitterSteelMutantRSungjnameplasDenslo500MiekandKorgSpeedro420FenicoMughal50XBonzodavidKsp_2099Icy000Thoye3Davepool87Renaxqq9832057573king_ov_scrubsavenge_123Valmarx 19 votes
Plead the 5th
2%
General Br3eze 1 vote
I have no clue
10%
ScrubhanRiptide[Deleted User]RDMNCam97 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Perfectly Rated
    I’m going to r3 her on my alt when I get 5k mutant frags because I find her a lot of fun, she’s got nice damage, good utility and fun to play. Wish her sp2 crit a bit more but I guess that’s why you get her as a horseman if you can! She’ll join her MROC pal Sorcerer as my second 6* r3
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    @Rockypantherx wrote a great guide on SPX

highly recommend reading to see a lot of her value
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Underrated

I’m going to r3 her on my alt when I get 5k mutant frags because I find her a lot of fun, she’s got nice damage, good utility and fun to play. Wish her sp2 crit a bit more but I guess that’s why you get her as a horseman if you can! She’ll join her MROC pal Sorcerer as my second 6* r3

This is why she's underrated. Everyone thinks the Sp2 is the way to go because of the big yellow number potential, but the low crit rate means youre not getting much damage overall. As Spidey said, @Rockypantherx has a great write-up on her here:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/222283/its-here-my-storm-pyramid-x-guide/p1

But it's very long, so I'm going to copy paste just a few paragraphs here that are very important when it comes to her damage:

"Finally, her Special 3. This is where I differ from most other players, and indeed, most of the CCP. This is your ‘go to special’. It activates both of your tempests for 35 seconds, giving you both sets of utilities and immunities, plus double prowess. Not to mention it also gains a 150% attack bonus if both of your tempests are active.

Therefore, due to her abysmal crit rate, and the attack boost, this becomes your damage special. It is guaranteed high damage after your first SP3, as long as you’re playing aggressively. I generally average about 9 40% prowess when launching any SP3 after the first, plus the heavy prowess. On my R5 with suicides, this lands about a 140k SP3 each time after the first one, but if you manage to keep 12 active, it can easily hit 150 to 160k."
  • Options
    Perfectly Rated
    Etjama said:

This is why she's underrated. Everyone thinks the Sp2 is the way to go because of the big yellow number potential, but the low crit rate means youre not getting much damage overall. As Spidey said, @Rockypantherx has a great write-up on her here:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/222283/its-here-my-storm-pyramid-x-guide/p1

But it's very long, so I'm going to copy paste just a few paragraphs here that are very important when it comes to her damage:

"Finally, her Special 3. This is where I differ from most other players, and indeed, most of the CCP. This is your ‘go to special’. It activates both of your tempests for 35 seconds, giving you both sets of utilities and immunities, plus double prowess. Not to mention it also gains a 150% attack bonus if both of your tempests are active.

Therefore, due to her abysmal crit rate, and the attack boost, this becomes your damage special. It is guaranteed high damage after your first SP3, as long as you’re playing aggressively. I generally average about 9 40% prowess when launching any SP3 after the first, plus the heavy prowess. On my R5 with suicides, this lands about a 140k SP3 each time after the first one, but if you manage to keep 12 active, it can easily hit 150 to 160k."
    For sure, I always go for sp3 first, and then use sp2 to finish off since it has the reach, but everyone knows big yellow numbers are satisfying, and the animations are so great!

Plus, I always find sp2s the most satisfying to throw off, regardless of the champ, they just feel like they have some power to them. Idk if it’s the video animation of the sp3, but sp2 just feels cooler.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Underrated

Etjama said:

For sure, I always go for sp3 first, and then use sp2 to finish off since it has the reach, but everyone knows big yellow numbers are satisfying, and the animations are so great!

Plus, I always find sp2s the most satisfying to throw off, regardless of the champ, they just feel like they have some power to them. Idk if it’s the video animation of the sp3, but sp2 just feels cooler.
    They are very satisfying. I agree Sp2's most usually are. But the biggest complaint I hear about her is that her damage is low because of her abysmal crit rate when in reality, the Sp3 is what you should go for which gives guaranteed, and very big damage. Causes her to be underrated imo.
  • Options
    Perfectly Rated
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

They are very satisfying. I agree Sp2's most usually are. But the biggest complaint I hear about her is that her damage is low because of her abysmal crit rate when in reality, the Sp3 is what you should go for which gives guaranteed, and very big damage. Causes her to be underrated imo.
    Yeah I totally agree, first time I used her I went for the sp3 then 2 rotation , was surprised with how hard her sp3 hit, and disappointed with her sp2. So in longer fights I go for sp3.

Her utility is really nice too, passive stun for shrug off, Immunities, glancing, coldsnap etc. The exact sort of fun champ I want to rank up on my second account.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Underrated
    I took her to R5 as soon as I pulled her, and as others have kindly linked, wrote a guide

Definitely underrated. She’s not the best champ in the game, not even close. But she has some very strong utility and damage that I don’t think gets recognised enough
  • Options
    Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364
    I have no clue
    I only voted no clue because I'm not really sure how she's viewed but I do think she's solid with some pretty good synergies and two immunities that are both very rare and as a horsemen of apocalypse she can do pretty good things

There's just so many mutants out there and in my opinion quite a few that are better than her it's hard to say that she's too high on the list.

I think they totally botched her signature ability and that should be part of her tool kit in general and have something completely it different as her awakened ability
  • Options
    Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364
    I have no clue

Etjama said:

I just wanted to quote you to say beneath the gold the bitter Steel. You want to talk underrated bittersteel is one of the most underrated Game of Thrones characters period. While I am a blood Raven fan I still think he's a bad man
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Underrated
    If I pulled her as any version, 5 or 6 star she would emmediately go up to the lately rank for the respective rarity. Don't see her getting enough attention and she is heavily underrated.
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★

I took her to R5 as soon as I pulled her, and as others have kindly linked, wrote a guide

Definitely underrated. She’s not the best champ in the game, not even close. But she has some very strong utility and damage that I don’t think gets recognised enough

I'll have to check that out. Definitely gunna make her my next r2 6*. Just need 2 more t2a. Definitely promising from the little gameplay I did of her. And the sp3 with both tempest active and nice stack of prowess is far stronger than I thought it would be
  • Options
    Perfectly Rated
    Cam97 said:

Etjama said:

I just wanted to quote you to say beneath the gold the bitter Steel. You want to talk underrated bittersteel is one of the most underrated Game of Thrones characters period. While I am a blood Raven fan I still think he's a bad man
    My Alt is called BloodRaven lol

Two of my favourite characters
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Underrated

I'll have to check that out. Definitely gunna make her my next r2 6*. Just need 2 more t2a. Definitely promising from the little gameplay I did of her. And the sp3 with both tempest active and nice stack of prowess is far stronger than I thought it would be
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/222283/its-here-my-storm-pyramid-x-guide#latest

There’s the link if you’re interested. She’s a really fun champ and the damage is nothing to scoff at. If you’ve got Apoc and Prof X they make her go bananas. Over 300k SP3’s if you line it up right