**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Does this AW matching makes sense?

ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245 β˜…

The opponent alliance aw rating is nearly doubled compared with my alliance πŸ˜‡
Β«13

Comments

• Options

In theory, no, it does not. But you have about the same war rating, so you were matched. I know it sucks but that's just how flawed the system is

It’s insane that Aw match only consider the war rating but ignored the overall alliance rating
  • Options

given that they're only plat 4 and have such a low war rating given high their total alliance rating is, they either don't take war seriously/are inactive in war, or they are just not good at war

they are also plat 3, the plat 4 is for previous season
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

This is a fair match based on the war ratings

fair match? LOL
  • Options

ShrimpR said:

In theory, no, it does not. But you have about the same war rating, so you were matched. I know it sucks but that's just how flawed the system is

It’s insane that Aw match only consider the war rating but ignored the overall alliance rating
    what does alliance rating have to do with war? War success is mostly based on effort, planning, skill. Tons of alliance don't try in war, using alliance rating would be idiotic
    Are you saying the AW defence has nothing to do with alliance rating? Just think we only have one or two 6R3 defence champions but the opponent alliance have 20 or 30 6R3 defence champions, is that a fair game to you?
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    TyEdge said:

ShrimpR said:

So if you keep your alliance deliberately crappy, you should be paired against other patsies you can beat up on? No. War success is determined by a mix of roster and skill. War rating encapsulates that combined performance by measuring wins and losses and adjusting accordingly.
    Yeah there was a thing a while back where an ally kept their prestige really low in tier 1 and just got easy matchups consistently, and kabam ended up changing the algorithm mid season so they didn’t end up winning, this was before the proper change
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,656 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ShrimpR said:

ShrimpR said:

what does alliance rating have to do with war? War success is mostly based on effort, planning, skill. Tons of alliance don't try in war, using alliance rating would be idiotic
    Are you saying the AW defence has nothing to do with alliance rating? Just think we only have one or two 6R3 defence champions but the opponent alliance have 20 or 30 6R3 defence champions, is that a fair game to you?
    Yeah it's fair if they perform similarly to your alliance in war.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

ShrimpR said:

So if you keep your alliance deliberately crappy, you should be paired against other patsies you can beat up on? No. War success is determined by a mix of roster and skill. War rating encapsulates that combined performance by measuring wins and losses and adjusting accordingly.
    I'm not saying the alliance rating should be totally equal to each other, OK? But at least it should have some weights in the game matching
  • Options
    :) For the guy who keep clicking Disagree, I hope your Alliance will always match double war rating Alliances in AW season
  • Options
    naikavon said:

ShrimpR said:

TyEdge said:

ShrimpR said:

I'm not saying the alliance rating should be totally equal to each other, OK? But at least it should have some weights in the game matching
    But why?

I have around a 2 million roster. If I sell every 1, 2, 3 and 4 star champ in my roster what will my overall pi do? Imagine everyone in my ally doing the same. If we move firm l from 60 mill to 30 mill are we somehow now even?

It's an easily manipulated data point.
    OK, let's forget about alliance rating. Now you mentioned the pi, the opponent alliance average pi is 12269 and mine is 10355. Sounds fair to you?
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,051 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ShrimpR said:

ShrimpR said:

yes defense is part of it, just like the other stuff i listed. If they were THAT much better then you, wouldn't their war rating be way higher because they'd be winning?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,372 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    ShrimpR said:

TyEdge said:

ShrimpR said:

Absolutely. You're not going crazy. Some people just refuse to acknowledge it because they favor the War Rating system, but fair is fair and there should be something regulating the differences in strengths.
  • Options
    naikavon said:

ShrimpR said:

naikavon said:

ShrimpR said:

TyEdge said:

ShrimpR said:

But why?

I have around a 2 million roster. If I sell every 1, 2, 3 and 4 star champ in my roster what will my overall pi do? Imagine everyone in my ally doing the same. If we move firm l from 60 mill to 30 mill are we somehow now even?

It's an easily manipulated data point.
    OK, let's forget about alliance rating. Now you mentioned the pi, the opponent alliance average pi is 12269 and mine is 10355. Sounds fair to you?
    It does. You're spending an awful lot of time worrying about things outside your control.

Should everyone stop playing, gaining new champs and doing rank ups to wait for you? Their work should mean nothing?

You seem to want rewards of an particular level but somehow think it is unfair to have to participate against others going for the same rewards.

This game is full of smaller alliances beating larger alliances. As others have already pointed out, there is a great deal that goes into war rating.

Are they organized? Do they care? On and on it goes.

My point is, at least try. Maybe you win, maybe you lose. Either way valuable experience can be earned.
    No, it's not about the reward, not matter we win or lose we will be at Plat 3 anyway. I just feel this match is a bit over balanced. My alliance had a lot of fights with other high rating alliances, I'd never bothered. But this one is just way too much.
  • Options
    RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yes its fair. Both alliance war rating are pretty much equal.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,991 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Someone’s clearly new here