**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Daredevil Buff

As I saw, now Daredevil can Bypass Miss, thanks to his "enhanced sensory system". Ok, he is blind and he can hit invisible enemies. But how can he hit a Phasing enemy? It's untouchable, it's like a Ghost... what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Same reason Juggernaut can make Hulk's anger go away by punching him really hard: it's a game, sometimes logic is sacrificed for simplicity of game mechanics. Instead of DD countering only some (inconsistently defined) miss mechanics, he now counters all of them
  • Options
    Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Posts: 154 ★★
    Raichu626 said:

Same reason Juggernaut can make Hulk's anger go away by punching him really hard: it's a game, sometimes logic is sacrificed for simplicity of game mechanics. Instead of DD countering only some (inconsistently defined) miss mechanics, he now counters all of them

Sorry, pls wen u say "all miss mechanics" does this mean that DDHK can now counter falter mechanic, cos I know before he couldn't.
  • Options
    Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★

Raichu626 said:

Sorry, pls wen u say "all miss mechanics" does this mean that DDHK can now counter falter mechanic, cos I know before he couldn't.
    Yess he can now counter falter
  • Options
    bl00m_bl00m_ Posts: 11
    Raichu626 said:

explain this

• Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    This is really stupid, i used ghost for him in 7.1 but didnt realize he countered miss in v6 and he killed me in 1 combo
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    How does Nick counter phasing? Stealthy? HT? Hit Monkey? This isn't a new mechanic, it makes no sense just like all the other counters. Logic doesn't apply in this game, I don't know why people are bringing this up.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I'm just glad they finally made it a consistent, written ability. No reason to keep it a secret.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    bl00m_ said:

Raichu626 said:

explain this

Mod's can be wrong sometimes. That explanation provided was not based on the game mechanic's and abilities.
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    bl00m_ said:

Raichu626 said:

explain this

Read what Miike said in the thread that you got this screenshot from.

Incase you've lost track of it, it's this one: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/253334/finally-found-the-post-where-the-kabam-confirmed-that-daredevil-should-miss-the-ghost#latest
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    bl00m_ said:

Raichu626 said:

explain this

Kabam is changing what they previously made in an attempt to make Ghost a less-effective champion since they cannot simply keep her out of the 6* pool. It's a similar reason to why a lot of reworked champs are seeing "anti-ghost" mechanics with examples being HB and Angela being able to apply armor break without making contact.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Good Piece of utility for them.