**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Angela the best cosmic champion in the game?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
edited November 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Genuine question, considering all cosmic champs are sig 200, I'm beginning to think she may be the best and most versatile cosmic champ in the game. She's 100% debuff resistant (INSANE ability, practically debuff IMMUNE), hits quite hard (crits a lot too), has nice regeneration, autoblock counter, can parry projectiles, can armor break, gains many buffs, among other things. She's honestly amazing. I'm considering using a generic AG and all 110 of my generic sig stones on her (All cosmic stones till her buff went to Surfer).

Am I tripping or is she really that good?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,141 ★★★★★

Genuine question, considering all cosmic champs are sig 200, I'm beginning to think she may be the best and most versatile cosmic champ in the game. She's 100% debuff resistant (INSANE ability, practically debuff IMMUNE), hits quite hard (crits a lot too), has nice regeneration, autoblock counter, can parry projectiles, can armor break, gains many buffs, among other things. She's honestly amazing. I'm considering using a generic AG and all 110 of my generic sig stones on her (All cosmic stones till her buff went to Surfer).

Am I tripping or is she really that good?

To me she is the best cosmic as being debuff immune and counter autoblock is a really good ability are rare to have so to me she gets that spot i could just be bias as i just enjoy her way too much but i really enjoy her more and more
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

A cosmic gem and 25 genetics later

AWESOME!
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I mean, as of right now, no. When she actually is updated, I think it will take at least a couple weeks to see if she performs as well as everyone thinks she will. I have hope, as she is still my only cosmic 6*.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    She is really really good but now it's a matter of question is versatility really all that matters when she doesn't necessarily excel at anything. 100% debuff immunity is insane and while making her extremely versatile doesn't mean there aren't significantly better champions out there but with specific immunities to bleed , poison , shock , or incinerate. Her main utility I see people specifically using her for is the degen immunity and autoblock immunity. She is legitimately a top option for those situations but outside of that there aren't many fights and nodes where I'd consider Angela a top option over like 3-5 other top tier champions.

I would caution against using your generic gem since there are quite a few champs that need her awakened ability more than her (admittedly, she does need it and preferably max sig). She can still do a lot without her sig and so I would priotize awakening champs like Omega, Fury, AA, Void, and maybe Captain Sparkles or Ghost over Angela.

I already have all the common generic candidates awakened except for Aegon and Ghost (who I don't have), but I have 2 generics and a tech gem for Ghost, so I can leave one to spare. And Angela loses a lot of her utility unawakened. This would be a really easy choice if it was a cosmic gem, makes it harder that it's generic tho.
    jdeck59 said:

I might take her in AQ for fun, but really think she'll do better than Corvus?

In situations outside of needing Corvus' immortality, I believe Angela will be better.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I still place Hyperion/Corvus/CGR above her right now, but that could change quickly
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    So good damage with such easy rotation, tons of useful utility, not the best but at least top 5
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 719 ★★★
    Cosmic Ghost Rider 🔥
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    She’s probably top 5 or 6 in cosmic. She’s been impressing me so far
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I would caution against using your generic gem since there are quite a few champs that need her awakened ability more than her (admittedly, she does need it and preferably max sig). She can still do a lot without her sig and so I would priotize awakening champs like Omega, Fury, AA, Void, and maybe Captain Sparkles or Ghost over Angela.

I already have all the common generic candidates awakened except for Aegon and Ghost (who I don't have), but I have 2 generics and a tech gem for Ghost, so I can leave one to spare. And Angela loses a lot of her utility unawakened. This would be a really easy choice if it was a cosmic gem, makes it harder that it's generic tho.
    How did you get two generic six star awakening gems??? I thought the only one was in AoL?
    But yeah, if you have all the usual suspects awakened already, slam that gem into Angela for sure.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    CGR doesn't care about utility when he ruins 400k health pools in 45 seconds
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

How did you get two generic six star awakening gems??? I thought the only one was in AoL?
    But yeah, if you have all the usual suspects awakened already, slam that gem into Angela for sure.
    5* generic
    My b, I thought we were talking about a six star Angela. Yeah, I would absolutely awaken a five star Angela and rank her up with no hesitation.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    In terms of what she can do she may be the best cosmic. I personally would still place Hype above her, at least because of how fun he is to play. Love his power gain and other things. very versatile and reliable for many things, my go to champ for electro most of the time. Maybe cgr, I haven't really used him anywhere, only have a 3*. Other cosmics... corvis - only 20 charges, if his cruelty nulified, he's almost useless. Cmm - her indestructible only temporal, while Angela doesn't care about any dot. Autoblock ignore. She deals best of her class probably with nodes/champs that nulify your buffs, witch is the most difficult thing for cosmics. A little boring to play imo, but she can do a lot for you. Are there any other important cosmic champs in the game? I like my aarkus, but don't use everywhere. Venom maybe, but he has no immunities and similar buffs. Surfer - nice to play, but he has to keep those buffs, and doesn't bring more than Angela. Ronan for stun lock. Cull - has to ramp him, relies on heavy and had to use sp3. Almost forgot about my beast - drax! He's nothing good.
    Angela is definitely a top 3 cosmic champ now imo
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    She is solid now but not the best.