**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Level Up Disparities

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Just a timely suggestion for updating points rewards in Level Up for higher rarity champs.

As it stands, leveling a R1 6* awards 960 points/level, while leveling a R1 5* rewards 710 points/level.

That’s the same +250 point jump from leveling a R1 4* vs. leveling a R1 5*. As you increase ranks, you get a flat +10 points/level at each 5* & 6* rank.

The issue when it comes to 6* vs. 5* is the significant disparity in ISO/gold used.

Source: MCOC Infobot

6*’s are hungry champs. Just leveling a R1 6* requires ~10X the gold and class iso compared to a R1 5*. And at higher ranks, it becomes even more out of whack.

I’m not suggesting the same multiplier used to determine resource requirements should be used for Level Up points. But adding a flat +250 event points/level to the 5* points/level seems simplistically low (especially when combined with the flat +10 boost as you move up a rank).

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    jesus that’s so much gold
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    slightly off-topic, but the thing that makes me not as worried about the cost of 6* level ups when I do them is that a 6* rank 1 is the same level as a 5* rank 4, and leveling up a 6 star to r1/lvl 25 is considerably cheaper than ranking up a 5 star all the way up to 4/55
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    I was about to suggest the same. Why does ranking up 6* gives so little points? Makes no sense
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    it starts getting crazy iso-wise and goldwise once you start getting into r2-r3 territory though. but at least they don't use t1a anymore
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

slightly off-topic, but the thing that makes me not as worried about the cost of 6* level ups when I do them is that a 6* rank 1 is the same level as a 5* rank 4, and leveling up a 6 star to r1/lvl 25 is considerably cheaper than ranking up a 5 star all the way up to 4/55

This is true, and probably part of the rationale for the points multiplier to be only +250 (~35%) for a R1 5*/6* comparison while the resource cost differential is more like ~900%.

Once you get beyond a R1 6* however...well, 970 points/level is silly.

Dr. Zola