**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who do you think is an actually underrated champion and why

SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
Whenever a underrated champion thread is made I always see people commenting champs that I would consider rated just fine by the general community or even slightly overrated. Champs that are good but not like amazing and are regarded as such like Elsa, hawkeye and Rhulk. Who are some champs you see generally regarded by the community as bad that you think are actually good/decent or champs that are generally regarded as decent that you think are top champions and why.

My example of this is Mojo . People know he's good but I think when he's awakened and high sig he's arguably a top 5 mystic. His damage is amazing, people talk about Longshot having crazy damage, Mojo actually has very similar if not better damage than longshot in a lot of fights/quests. His regen is very good at keeping him topped up in quests, he can have insane power gain and while his utility is very linear (reducing enemy buff duration) its very effective. His regen and damage makes him a great lane clearer even deeper into late game content like Act 6 and against non-permanent buffs he absolutely melts opponents. As someone with longshot and dragonman at 6* rank 2 I rate Mojo above longshot and tied with dragon man. I just never see Mojo brought up when people bring up top mystic champs. Even though he requires a lot to maximize him as a champion he's one of the champs I consider worth the investment. I'd rank 3 Mojo and dump sigs into him happily if I had him as a 6* awakened

Comments

• Options
    Boss_Starling_217_Boss_Starling_217_ Posts: 204 ★★
    Electro. Solid EMP option and is a fun champ to play in general.
  • Options
    EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    There are two types of underrated.

Type one those that everyone says they are underrated but they say it so many times that they end up being "rated". How can something be underrated if pretty much everyone says that this something is underrated?

Classic example of Type 1 Underrated ( aka not underrated because everyone agrees that they are underrated, thus they in turn end up being actually "rated")

Elsa Bloodstone
    Emma Frost
    Venom
    Morningstar
    (Others too but these are perhaps they most common)

Type 2 underrated are the true underrated ones, because only a minority recognize that they are underrated. Those that recognize it is usually because the happen to have these champs high rank, high sig while most people wouldn't bother to rank or sig them. Examples of this type:

Wasp
    Man-Thing
    Ronin

So how about to make things clearer, when you answer to this thread you give your opiniones on which are Type 1 or Type 2 underrated?

• Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

Man-Thing. I see no one talk about him after his release but he is a fun champ to play. He needs his dupe to be sustainable, but he is pretty good overall. One of the few champs with poison on demand. Has some pretty good synergies with actually good champions(She hulk, CGR, Iabom , Molegod).

Try him with impact surge, compounding harm and tide of combat in incursions. Really broken.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    KRoNX1 said:

I think vodoo is underrated nowadays. He has everything u expect from a mystic champ and more. He also doesn't rely too much on the opponents buffs. Overall , he is a very solid champ with lots of utility and above average damage in non poison immune champs.

Yea. I have him at r4 and he's always on my questing team or in AW. I haven't been on a quest that I don't see a need for him. Annoying, hard/impossible to evade specials? Get to sp2 and no more specials for the enemy. The opponent has a lot of buffs and isn't poison immune? Poison galore. Also he's one of the few mystics with really good and reliable regen.
    I once had 32 poisons ticking on a Venom in Act 6. Fun times.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I still think the community consensus can be a decent champ, and that they can still be underrated. Champs like Magneto X and Silver Surfer are both acknowledged as good champions, but I feel the majority of the community still puts them way too low in the pecking order. Surfer has great damage and while he's not immune to anything, the fact that 3 different damaging debuffs just heal him with willpower is a great bit of utility. His rotation is easy to follow, and he hits hard. Magneto X can do so much more than just chuck a pre-fight on, and his rotation is also stupid easy.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’m not sure how much this counts but I think wasp is underrated. There are a few people who really like her, I’m one of them, but I feel like everyone else overlooks her.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    @Etm34 what rotation do you use for mag x?
  • Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Squirrel girl
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Will3808 said:

@Etm34 what rotation do you use for mag x?

Bash in with full combo, build to 1.99 bars of power and chuck SP1. Bash in with full combo, chuck a couple heavies, then SP3.
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Red hulk. Immunities, easy ramp up, good damage, good synergies, regen off the sp2, what more could you want? I mostly use my 6* r1 in aq, but he slays in science eq, where he immediately purifies the position debuffs, giving him massive damage off of the furies and heat charges
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Nebula, especially when you also bring Proxima.
    I already had a 5/65 duped Nebula. And didn`t hesitate for a second when I get a tech 1-2 gem to take up my 6 star.
    I really really like her. And without her I would have never been able to beat 6.2 sinister pre nerf.

• Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Squirrel girl

Agree, sued her on my mini account and had a lot of fun with her. Especially awakened.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Mysterio and Wasp. I've never pulled them, but I've heard enough and seen enough gameplay to know that they're criminally underrated. On top of having good synergies, they both have some good utility, good debuffs, and some big yellow numbers.
  • Options
    Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★

Ronin, because he is.

Op logic!

@Masterpuff I've got 75% of a skill and I'm gonna make him my first R3 soon. NOT because i want TB, because I want RONIN.