**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Anything Going to be Done About Odin's Prefight?

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
In my opinion, I think that Odin's prefight needs to be changed so that you can't stack the buffs if you have multiple Odins. This seems like small potatoes, but with the upcoming Legends run, people who were either lucky enough or wealthy enough to get a six star Odin and five star Odin from his featured cavs are going to huge advantage with Ghost (a 45% attack advantage, to be precise). I know this is gonna come off as complaining, but I think it'd genuinely be an unfair advantage since there is no way to get a six star Odin before the deadline for the 7.2 Legends run without spending (unless you're sitting on a fat stack of units like BG) since he won't be in the upcoming featured six star crystal and there is no six star arena yet. If there were a realistic free-to-play way to get a six star Odin, I wouldn't be making this post because if he was available to get in an arena, everyone could have a feasible chance to get him, but since he's only going to be available in Cavs, he's going to be unattainable for most players.
So, I think that Odin's prefight shouldn't be able to stack with multiple Odins.

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

In my opinion, I think that Odin's prefight needs to be changed so that you can't stack the buffs if you have multiple Odins. This seems like small potatoes, but with the upcoming Legends run, people who were either lucky enough or wealthy enough to get a six star Odin and five star Odin from his featured cavs are going to huge advantage with Ghost (a 45% attack advantage, to be precise). I know this is gonna come off as complaining, but I think it'd genuinely be an unfair advantage since there is no way to get a six star Odin before the deadline for the 7.2 Legends run without spending (unless you're sitting on a fat stack of units like BG) since he won't be in the upcoming featured six star crystal and there is no six star arena yet. If there were a realistic free-to-play way to get a six star Odin, I wouldn't be making this post because if he was available to get in an arena, everyone could have a feasible chance to get him, but since he's only going to be available in Cavs, he's going to be unattainable for most players.
    So, I think that Odin's prefight shouldn't be able to stack with multiple Odins.

In all the threads complaining about beta testers being able to qualify for legend runs, the general consensus seems to be that advantages due to spending are totally fine. I'm not suggesting you were one of those people arguing that fact bc I don't exactly remember who was. I just know I got way more disagrees than agrees as usual when I said either advantages mattered or they didn't and since there never has been a level playing field I don't see the point in getting upset about beta testers.

Now we have a champ that (potentially) can have a large effect on legend runs and spenders have a massive advantage in getting him. Curious how many of those people now think the prefights should be changed as well bc they won't have that champ.
    I don't recall being involved in those threads. Honestly, I've never been fussed with Legends runs until recently now that I have the roster and skills to compete for a spot. I think that the beta testers qualifying isn't exactly comparable to the Odin situation because the final product isn't going to be the exact same as the beta, everyone has access to watching the beta gameplay, and spending has no impact on whether or not someone is beta tester. Additionally, beta testers don't get access to the unique/special bosses. With Odin, there is no way for free-to-play or casual spenders to get a six star Odin since the drop rates in the Cavs are so minuscule.
    Also, I think that this was an oversight in creating Odin's prefight. I don't think that they considered how being able to stack prefights would massively boost up Ghost's attack. The only comparable prefight/interaction that I can think of is Ant-Man's interaction with Mister Fantastic's prefight, but even then, you have to work hard to keep up the debuffs to get the big damage whereas with Ghost/Odins, it's a permanent 90% attack boost.
    My only real issue with this interaction is the timing of Odin's release and his limited availability as a six star. If he were in the upcoming featured or if the 7.2 release wasn't until September, I would feel differently.
    Either this interaction is gonna be changed or won't and I will be fine with it either way. I'm going for the Legends run regardless. I just want to know if it will be changed. If it's not changed and I miss out on the 7.2 Legends title because I only have a 5 star Odin, then that's alright with me. By the time the 7.3 Legends run comes around, I will have both a five star and six star Odin, so I can shoot for that one or the 7.4 Legends. I really want that Weapon X
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I agree. I get that spenders get advantages in this game but this just seems like too much. It's pretty much going to be essential for anyone wanting a crack at the 7.2 Legends run that's not a big spender to grind for him as a 5* in the featured. That's more than enough already. But you're telling me that even after that, they're still going to have a 45% attack difference between them and the people lucky/whaley enough to get the 6* too? That's like trying to attempt a Legends run now without boosting.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

In all the threads complaining about beta testers being able to qualify for legend runs, the general consensus seems to be that advantages due to spending are totally fine. I'm not suggesting you were one of those people arguing that fact bc I don't exactly remember who was. I just know I got way more disagrees than agrees as usual when I said either advantages mattered or they didn't and since there never has been a level playing field I don't see the point in getting upset about beta testers.

Now we have a champ that (potentially) can have a large effect on legend runs and spenders have a massive advantage in getting him. Curious how many of those people now think the prefights should be changed as well bc they won't have that champ.
    I don't recall being involved in those threads. Honestly, I've never been fussed with Legends runs until recently now that I have the roster and skills to compete for a spot. I think that the beta testers qualifying isn't exactly comparable to the Odin situation because the final product isn't going to be the exact same as the beta, everyone has access to watching the beta gameplay, and spending has no impact on whether or not someone is bi pereta tester. Additionally, beta testers don't get access to the unique/special bosses. With Odin, there is no way for free-to-play or casual spenders to get a six star Odin since the drop rates in the Cavs are so minuscule.
    Also, I think that this was an oversight in creating Odin's prefight. I don't think that they considered how being able to stack prefights would massively boost up Ghost's attack. The only comparable prefight/interaction that I can think of is Ant-Man's interaction with Mister Fantastic's prefight, but even then, you have to work hard to keep up the debuffs to get the big damage whereas with Ghost/Odins, it's a permanent 90% attack boost.
    My only real issue with this interaction is the timing of Odin's release and his limited availability as a six star. If he were in the upcoming featured or if the 7.2 release wasn't until September, I would feel differently.
    Either this interaction is gonna be changed or won't and I will be fine with it either way. I'm going for the Legends run regardless. I just want to know if it will be changed. If it's not changed and I miss out on the 7.2 Legends title because I only have a 5 star Odin, then that's alright with me. By the time the 7.3 Legends run comes around, I will have both a five star and six star Odin, so I can shoot for that one or the 7.4 Legends. I really want that Weapon X
    Yeah, like I said wasn't necessarily aimed at you specifically just find it funny that this situation comes up so soon after those discussions were had.

I personally don't care. I don't see an issue with the beta testers and I don't see an issue here. I'm more than likely not going for a run regardless bc I just don't care enough to do so.

I don't think the current state of the prefight is that big of an issue though. It's no different to people that had Ghost and Corvus having a massive advantage in these before. Also don't think it's large enough to warrant changing considering that it's only going to be able to maximized on select paths.

I'm legitimately curious to see how many people all of a sudden think it is a problem now bc they think they're in a place to compete when they weren't before. Those same people won't see them having access to champs like Ghost or Corvus as being a problem while others don't as being a problem I'd assume though.

Whether it's by luck or spending, someone is going to have an advantage in a game like this for something like a legend run. It's interesting to see where people draw the line with what's an acceptable advantage to me.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

I don’t buy Cavaliers or Bundles it’s fair. Would you argue that because other people have Ghost and you don’t that it’s unfair? No right because that wouldn’t make sense. Same thing here. They spent money which you can do too but choose not to and so they get an advantage. If I buy 1k units obviously I’m going to have an advantage over you if you didn’t buy any. It’s not even Just Money Spending. You can spend your units for Cavs when they come out but you choose not to. It’s fair. If you had Odin’s I seriously doubt you would have made this thread. And if your upset about the extra attack throw on some boosts

I don't recall being involved in those threads. Honestly, I've never been fussed with Legends runs until recently now that I have the roster and skills to compete for a spot. I think that the beta testers qualifying isn't exactly comparable to the Odin situation because the final product isn't going to be the exact same as the beta, everyone has access to watching the beta gameplay, and spending has no impact on whether or not someone is bi pereta tester. Additionally, beta testers don't get access to the unique/special bosses. With Odin, there is no way for free-to-play or casual spenders to get a six star Odin since the drop rates in the Cavs are so minuscule.
    Yeah, like I said wasn't necessarily aimed at you specifically just find it funny that this situation comes up so soon after those discussions were had.

I personally don't care. I don't see an issue with the beta testers and I don't see an issue here. I'm more than likely not going for a run regardless bc I just don't care enough to do so.

I don't think the current state of the prefight is that big of an issue though. It's no different to people that had Ghost and Corvus having a massive advantage in these before. Also don't think it's large enough to warrant changing considering that it's only going to be able to maximized on select paths.

I'm legitimately curious to see how many people all of a sudden think it is a problem now bc they think they're in a place to compete when they weren't before. Those same people won't see them having access to champs like Ghost or Corvus as being a problem while others don't as being a problem I'd assume though.

Whether it's by luck or spending, someone is going to have an advantage in a game like this for something like a legend run. It's interesting to see where people draw the line with what's an acceptable advantage to me.
    The way I see it, having Ghost or Corvus (not that Corvus would be helpful for a 7.2 Legends run) is fine since both have been available in featured six star crystals at least twice (if I remember correctly), so people already have had a lot of time to target them whereas Odin won't be for months after the Legends run.
    And, yeah, that's fair. I think the line should be drawn where the option for free-to-play players to compete is essentially eliminated by not having free-to-play access to a new six star champion. Having a six star featured arena would solve this one specific problem (though it would create more problems than it would solve and shouldn't be done) since technically speaking, anyone could grind the arena out.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    SWORD78 said:

I don’t buy Cavaliers or Bundles it’s fair. Would you argue that because other people have Ghost and you don’t that it’s unfair? No right because that wouldn’t make sense. Same thing here. They spent money which you can do too but choose not to and so they get an advantage. If I buy 1k units obviously I’m going to have an advantage over you if you didn’t buy any. It’s not even Just Money Spending. You can spend your units for Cavs when they come out but you choose not to. It’s fair. If you had Odin’s I seriously doubt you would have made this thread. And if your upset about the extra attack throw on some boosts
    "I don't buy Cavaliers or Bundles it's fair." You also haven't even completed Act 6... how do you know if it's fair?

"And if you're upset about the extra attack throw on some boosts."

Now I really know you don't what you're talking about cause anyone that's going for an Act 7 Legends run is boosted to the max 24/7.
    SWORD78 said:

The difference is that Ghost has been available in Featured crystals at least twice (IIRC) so far whereas Odin won't be available for months after the Legend run expires. I'm not sure you understand how the attack boost works. If someone is going for the Legends, they are going to be running max boosts and have the additional 45% attack boost from the second Odin whereas people who don't have a six star Odin will be physically unable from obtaining that extra 45% attack boost regardless of how many boosts they use.
    Even if I did have a six star Odin, I would probably still be making this thread since I take the fairness of Legends run pretty seriously. I can't say for sure that I would, but I'm pretty sure I would.
    This issue, as I see it, is that spending money should accelerate your progress, not put you on a different competitive level and that is what the lack of availability of six star Odin is doing.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    I think this will only effect getting the mythic title IMO. Dont think it will impact much else.
    H3t3r said:

I think this will only effect getting the mythic title IMO. Dont think it will impact much else.

Not to be rude, but how so?
    The other thing that I'm thinking about is that the amount of people who would be whaling out for a six star Odin for a Legends run and who successfully get him will probably be less than the total amount of Legends title available. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

H3t3r said:

The other thing that I'm thinking about is that the amount of people who would be whaling out for a six star Odin for a Legends run and who successfully get him will probably be less than the total amount of Legends title available. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
    I just think the number of people going for Odin are incredibly low. And even lower the people getting him. And the people getting odin are probably already consistently in top100. I don't think anyone new with odin will push others out. As well if you wanted the 90% dmg you would have to make sure everyone on that path except the boss can be ghosted. Which is unlikely for most of 7.2 if I recall correctly.
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

I just think the number of people going for Odin are incredibly low. And even lower the people getting him. And the people getting odin are probably already consistently in top100. I don't think anyone new with odin will push others out. As well if you wanted the 90% dmg you would have to make sure everyone on that path except the boss can be ghosted. Which is unlikely for most of 7.2 if I recall correctly.
    Ah, that makes sense. That makes me feel a lot better about the whole thing. Thank you!
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    The 45% attack number is way off isn’t it? The attack boost doesn’t scale that way. That’s more then what bg was getting from both odins vs 0 odins, let alone 1 extra
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

The way I see it, having Ghost or Corvus (not that Corvus would be helpful for a 7.2 Legends run) is fine since both have been available in featured six star crystals at least twice (if I remember correctly), so people already have had a lot of time to target them whereas Odin won't be for months after the Legends run.
    And, yeah, that's fair. I think the line should be drawn where the option for free-to-play players to compete is essentially eliminated by not having free-to-play access to a new six star champion. Having a six star featured arena would solve this one specific problem (though it would create more problems than it would solve and shouldn't be done) since technically speaking, anyone could grind the arena out.
    F2p players can use units for cavs just like spenders. Also if you think f2p players have even sliver of a chance at competing in a 6* featured arena, you're fooling yourself.

You're only looking at it from this legend run as well. So was people having corvus/ghost before those featured inclusions fair for all the legend runs in that time? Or were you just not going for them so it didn't matter?

Now there's a champ you won't have a chance to get when you actually want to go for a run, and it's unfair?
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 724 ★★★★
    Shows how much you lot know about legend runs. It will be a few paths were odin will help. Room for 2 odins on the team? Maybe 1-2 paths.
    Ghost is used 60-70% in every legend run and for her to benefit from Odin, antman is needed. So team is ghost antman wasp odin. That leaves just 1 spot. And most ghost paths have 1 opponent you cant ghost, so a special counter is needed. And half the time, ghost isnt best option for boss. So need another counter, have to drop one more. At that point odin becomes useless. Either he's of the team, or antman is.
    1 Odin on the team will add some value here and there and anyone can try and get the 5*. If you're thinking legend run, you should have the roster to grind for him.
    But in the end, you can have all the Odins you want, without a r3 Ghost you probably wont get it

The 45% attack number is way off isn’t it? The attack boost doesn’t scale that way. That’s more then what bg was getting from both odins vs 0 odins, let alone 1 extra

Does it not? Each buff on Ghost with the Antman synergy adds 15% attack and with the six buffs from Odin, that's a 90% attack boost (6*15=90). I don't have an Odin yet to test, so I was just running numbers based on his info on the forums.

2 odins= 6 buffs× 15% attack equals 90% attack increase. Plus what. 60% attack from suicides so 150% attack. A normal 5 65 ghost nor suicides or anything deals around 3000 per medium. He was dealing around 7700. So I'd say its accurate. But I'm probably wrong.( I also don't know if he had boosts on)

F2p players can use units for cavs just like spenders. Also if you think f2p players have even sliver of a chance at competing in a 6* featured arena, you're fooling yourself.

You're only looking at it from this legend run as well. So was people having corvus/ghost before those featured inclusions fair for all the legend runs in that time? Or were you just not going for them so it didn't matter?

Now there's a champ you won't have a chance to get when you actually want to go for a run, and it's unfair?
    At a .01% chance at the featured six, it is incredibly unlikely to get him with the amount of units a ftp player can grind out.
    I think that ftp players have a better chance of getting the champ from the arena than the crystals.
    And yeah, that's fair. I only recently started caring about Legends runs, so I didn't think to take past ones in consideration. I definitely should have taken that into account though and I will in the future.
    Yes, I do think it's unfair, but I'm okay with it now. If I don't get it this time, there's always next time.
    Crys23 said:

Shows how much you lot know about legend runs. It will be a few paths were odin will help. Room for 2 odins on the team? Maybe 1-2 paths.
    Ghost is used 60-70% in every legend run and for her to benefit from Odin, antman is needed. So team is ghost antman wasp odin. That leaves just 1 spot. And most ghost paths have 1 opponent you cant ghost, so a special counter is needed. And half the time, ghost isnt best option for boss. So need another counter, have to drop one more. At that point odin becomes useless. Either he's of the team, or antman is.
    1 Odin on the team will add some value here and there and anyone can try and get the 5*. If you're thinking legend run, you should have the roster to grind for him.
    But in the end, you can have all the Odins you want, without a r3 Ghost you probably wont get it

That's fair, I didn't consider that when I made this post. I mentioned this before, but I only recently started going for Legends runs. I'm not embarrassed to admit that I was a little ignorant in my original post.
    I do have a 6r3 sig140 Ghost.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

2 odins= 6 buffs× 15% attack equals 90% attack increase. Plus what. 60% attack from suicides so 150% attack. A normal 5 65 ghost nor suicides or anything deals around 3000 per medium. He was dealing around 7700. So I'd say its accurate. But I'm probably wrong.( I also don't know if he had boosts on)
    i checked: with 0 odins, medium with her passive furies did 10971, with 2 odins 13110, so 2 odins got her an extra 19.5% attack on those hits
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

It doesn't matter until we are affected. That has always been the case everywhere. :D

H3t3r said:

i checked: with 0 odins, medium with her passive furies did 10971, with 2 odins 13110, so 2 odins got her an extra 19.5% attack on those hits
    That seems odd, I was always under the impression that Antman/Ghost's synergy was adding a flat value (+15% Base attack).
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    While it is an advantage to those who have two, you have to remember Kabam is a company. They need a profit. And this will help them, they have every right to keep it as it is. And if someone is willing to drop lots of cash for a 6*, then they can have the title, and you can have the thought of knowing you still have the money.

Ultimately, Odin will come to the 6* featured. And there will always be more legends runs. You gotta play the long game.
    Pulyaman said:

It doesn't matter until we are affected. That has always been the case everywhere. :D
    I think that's a bit negative way to look at it, it's more like people tend not to be aware of an issue until they become involved with it/its consequences. This is especially true in video games.

While it is an advantage to those who have two, you have to remember Kabam is a company. They need a profit. And this will help them, they have every right to keep it as it is. And if someone is willing to drop lots of cash for a 6*, then they can have the title, and you can have the thought of knowing you still have the money.

Ultimately, Odin will come to the 6* featured. And there will always be more legends runs. You gotta play the long game.

Agreed, that's more or less the opinion I have after being involved in this thread.

H3t3r said:

Hmm. Thats weird.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★

Agreed, that's more or less the opinion I have after being involved in this thread.
    Oh, gotcha. Sorry i just read the original post.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

I think that's a bit negative way to look at it, it's more like people tend not to be aware of an issue until they become involved with it/its consequences. This is especially true in video games.
    I admit that it's a pessimistic way to look at it, Doesn't make it less true though. Considering the game is rng dependent in terms of champion acquisition, you could open all the featured and dual crystals and still not get Odin as more than a 5 star. It is what it is. So, legends run have always had some level of unfairness in terms of ptw vs ftp.