**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Quick appreciation post - auto complete function

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
Just wanted to say I'm grateful that the auto complete function was added to daily quests awhile back. Its great. A truly quick and easy way to spend energy when you don't quite have time to play. I take full advantage of it sometimes. Especially towards the second half of the month. Helps me not let my energy go to waste while also restocking on lower tier cats for my 2 and 3* champs. Love it.

Any chance this might ever be expanded to include lower level EQ, or something similar? Anyways, thanks for adding this QOL feature to game.

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Kill_Grey said:

Hmm, I legit forgot that daily quests exist.

Yeah, I didn't do them for a long time because auto fighting them just takes too long/too many buttons to press. Getting the lower tier cats with a click of a button is great for folks who still like to rank their 2 and 3* for collection purposes or even rank them for level up.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Same. They are in dire need of an update.

Kill_Grey said:

The existing ones serve thier purpose. To collect lower tier cats. Now, adding new more difficult ones for higher tier cats could be interesting...
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

The existing ones serve thier purpose. To collect lower tier cats. Now, adding new more difficult ones for higher tier cats could be interesting...
    Yea that'd be good. Something to do every day. Especially for alpha catalysts.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Same...

Kill_Grey said:

Yeah like T1 Alpha, it would be there for the people that Need it and the people that Don't Need it can SIMPLY IGNORE IT.

It's hilarious how anytime some suggests Anything to do with Uping T1 Alpha Gain for UC or Higher, the players that don't need more act personally offended and Must go out of their way to shut down anyone's idea. Then just use the over generalization of "Oh you're probably just Ranking Up Random Champions All Day which is why you're so low on T1 Alpha" basically saying "I don't have a problem with Low T1 Alpha so it's not a problem" which most of the time shows they aren't even reading the OC Post which contradicts that "excuse".

Tl;dr If you don't have a Problem with T1 Alpha Gain, good for you, any change then wouldn't apply to you meaning You Can Ignore It. Stop Smashing People With Legitimate Concerns.
    A daily quest for t1a would be an amazing addition.
    Also the t4bc and t4cc daily quests, are a joke on the current state of the game.
    Cutting the paths to two from three and updating the rewards would make them relevant again.
    What would hurt the game if you could use a full energy bar to do two paths daily and get a 1/4 or 1/2 t4bc or t4cc?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Kill_Grey said:

Same...

Kill_Grey said:

Yeah like T1 Alpha, it would be there for the people that Need it and the people that Don't Need it can SIMPLY IGNORE IT.

It's hilarious how anytime some suggests Anything to do with Uping T1 Alpha Gain for UC or Higher, the players that don't need more act personally offended and Must go out of their way to shut down anyone's idea. Then just use the over generalization of "Oh you're probably just Ranking Up Random Champions All Day which is why you're so low on T1 Alpha" basically saying "I don't have a problem with Low T1 Alpha so it's not a problem" which most of the time shows they aren't even reading the OC Post which contradicts that "excuse".

Tl;dr If you don't have a Problem with T1 Alpha Gain, good for you, any change then wouldn't apply to you meaning You Can Ignore It. Stop Smashing People With Legitimate Concerns.
    You cannot remove bottlenecks. You can only move them around. So the only question is where they are located. Some resources have a lot of opportunities to get, or have unlimited opportunities to earn them, like Gold. Some don't, like T2A. T1A is a resource that has a moderately high amount of availability: they are cheap in the glory store and have high purchase limits, there's an arena that allows you to get three every cycle for low effort. Pumping even more T1A into the game doesn't come for free, it shifts the bottlenecks around, away from T1A and towards something else. Whatever that something else is, given the availability of T1A it is likely to be a less available option. So across the entire game, advocating for easing the bottlenecks of the least available resources will tend to help more players than it hurts, while advocating for easing the bottlenecks of the most available resources will tend to help fewer players than it hurts.

For every individual player, some things will be more or less available, and some resources will require more or less special effort. Even though resources like gold or T1A are much more available than others, there will be people who at least temporarily have shortages of those resources. But modifying the game to lessen those bottlenecks will have the side effect of pushing more players into harder to escape constraints, so in general I don't think it is a good idea.

The idea that you can add resources to the game and people can just choose to ignore them completely is not true, because the game developers do not design the game around individual players. They design them around holistic averages. If everyone in the game got stronger except you, you can't ignore that because you will become weaker explicitly, because all of the content will get harder to match that movement upward of everyone else. If everyone else gets more stuff, the game will be balanced around that higher resource earning capability and if you're not one of them, your effective resource earning ability will drop relative to what the game demands of you.
    edited March 2021
    Things went sideways a little here. While I agreed that the idea of new, more difficult quests for higher tier cats was an interesting idea, I didn't mean for this to become a complaint thread about what we don't have. The main point was appreciation for the auto complete feature we do have. I really view it as nice QOL addition to the game. And hope it can be implemented into other areas in the future (lower tier EQ, etc.).
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Kill_Grey said:

Same...

Kill_Grey said:

A daily quest for t1a would be an amazing addition.
    Also the t4bc and t4cc daily quests, are a joke on the current state of the game.
    Cutting the paths to two from three and updating the rewards would make them relevant again.
    What would hurt the game if you could use a full energy bar to do two paths daily and get a 1/4 or 1/2 t4bc or t4cc?
    It would for t4cc. It would be way to easy for new players to immediately rank 5 4*s or rank 3 5*s. It would be nice for cav players though. I think we all have one or maybe two classes where we have significantly less of one class of t4cc.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Same...

Kill_Grey said:

You cannot remove bottlenecks. You can only move them around. So the only question is where they are located. Some resources have a lot of opportunities to get, or have unlimited opportunities to earn them, like Gold. Some don't, like T2A. T1A is a resource that has a moderately high amount of availability: they are cheap in the glory store and have high purchase limits, there's an arena that allows you to get three every cycle for low effort. Pumping even more T1A into the game doesn't come for free, it shifts the bottlenecks around, away from T1A and towards something else. Whatever that something else is, given the availability of T1A it is likely to be a less available option. So across the entire game, advocating for easing the bottlenecks of the least available resources will tend to help more players than it hurts, while advocating for easing the bottlenecks of the most available resources will tend to help fewer players than it hurts.

For every individual player, some things will be more or less available, and some resources will require more or less special effort. Even though resources like gold or T1A are much more available than others, there will be people who at least temporarily have shortages of those resources. But modifying the game to lessen those bottlenecks will have the side effect of pushing more players into harder to escape constraints, so in general I don't think it is a good idea.

The idea that you can add resources to the game and people can just choose to ignore them completely is not true, because the game developers do not design the game around individual players. They design them around holistic averages. If everyone in the game got stronger except you, you can't ignore that because you will become weaker explicitly, because all of the content will get harder to match that movement upward of everyone else. If everyone else gets more stuff, the game will be balanced around that higher resource earning capability and if you're not one of them, your effective resource earning ability will drop relative to what the game demands of you.
    Didn't mean for the thread to go off topic so I won't go much farther than this.

The Glory has always been a poor point for T1 Alpha, the Stacking Cost Increase makes it a less than efficient source. As well in conjunction with that, it does not have a High Purchase Limit as most people say because of the Amount Required for Each 5 Star's Rank Up (Rank 1-3 is 5 T1 Alpha Each, Rank 3-5 is 6 T1 Alpha Each, for a Total of 22 T1 Alpha!).

My point was the people that have no issue with T1A can ignore it because, as they are so willing to show off, they usually have plenty in Overflow meaning if they stuck to their current methods they wouldn't get behind others if they ignored this Additional way as well an addition of a new Daily Quest doesn't Have to shift the "Bottle Cap" but simply Add To a Severally Outdated Bottlecap. But let's say that is the case and they couldn't possibly add one New Daily Event (that unlocks and changes with Act Title), another alternative is reducing the T1A Cost on 5 Stars by even just 1 Catalyst on Each Rank bringing the total down to 18. (Though if you don't want to mess with Rank 5 Requirements you could do R2=3 R3=4 R4=5 R5=6 T1A on each Rank for the same 18 Total)

----------

Anyways to get back on topic the Auto Complete is Definitely useful Early to Mid Game, though once you get into a Good Alliance and begin to transition into Late Game it becomes less and less useful.
    It doesn't Have to be useful for Late to Endgame Players but Refreshing the Old Daily Quest would be a nice way to keep it Relevant in all Level, I did Daily Quests with Auto Complete a bit on my Second and Third Account in their Early-Late Stages but even in Mid Game on my Third Account I quickly found the EQs being more Rewarding for the Energy Spent.
    Auto Complete is a Very Nice Addition that imo was added waaay too late in the Game's Overall Lifecycle.

DNA3000 said:

Kill_Grey said:

Same...

Kill_Grey said:

Didn't mean for the thread to go off topic so I won't go much farther than this.

The Glory has always been a poor point for T1 Alpha, the Stacking Cost Increase makes it a less than efficient source. As well in conjunction with that, it does not have a High Purchase Limit as most people say because of the Amount Required for Each 5 Star's Rank Up (Rank 1-3 is 5 T1 Alpha Each, Rank 3-5 is 6 T1 Alpha Each, for a Total of 22 T1 Alpha!).

My point was the people that have no issue with T1A can ignore it because, as they are so willing to show off, they usually have plenty in Overflow meaning if they stuck to their current methods they wouldn't get behind others if they ignored this Additional way as well an addition of a new Daily Quest doesn't Have to shift the "Bottle Cap" but simply Add To a Severally Outdated Bottlecap. But let's say that is the case and they couldn't possibly add one New Daily Event (that unlocks and changes with Act Title), another alternative is reducing the T1A Cost on 5 Stars by even just 1 Catalyst on Each Rank bringing the total down to 18. (Though if you don't want to mess with Rank 5 Requirements you could do R2=3 R3=4 R4=5 R5=6 T1A on each Rank for the same 18 Total)

----------

Anyways to get back on topic the Auto Complete is Definitely useful Early to Mid Game, though once you get into a Good Alliance and begin to transition into Late Game it becomes less and less useful.
    It doesn't Have to be useful for Late to Endgame Players but Refreshing the Old Daily Quest would be a nice way to keep it Relevant in all Level, I did Daily Quests with Auto Complete a bit on my Second and Third Account in their Early-Late Stages but even in Mid Game on my Third Account I quickly found the EQs being more Rewarding for the Energy Spent.
    Auto Complete is a Very Nice Addition that imo was added waaay too late in the Game's Overall Lifecycle.
    I think it's usefulness is more from a QOL standpoint vs an account progression. Essentially, it's just nice to have a way to quickly use my energy. And to get some t1/2 cats in the process (I do not run t4b, t4c or t3c - it's just the lower level ones I want). For whatever reason, at a relatively high progression level (7 R3) I'm still lacking t1 and 2 cats for ranking 2 and 3 star. The new event milestones provide a seemingly endless supply of t3 class crystals, but not so for the t1 and 2. I still like to rank up my 2 and 3 stars for collection purposes and level up points. However, this desire was never great enough to be bothered to auto fight these quests. Even auto fight requires you to press a button upwards of 3 times per fight. Which is why finally having an auto complete function is so refreshing. I think anyone who still does run throughs of lower tier EQ for the sake of units or just not wasting energy would also like to see this system added to EQ as well.
    edited March 2021
    Now, at the risk of going slightly off topic myself.. it would be nice if end game players were also given an easier way to rank 4* too. Such as some 4* rank up gems given in end game content? Not instead of rarer high tier items (which are the main reason for completing the content), but more as nice gesture/fun bonus items in addition to the higher tier rewards. Easier access to ranking 4* absolutely does not make sense for newer players who actually use them in content, of course. But it might be nice for seasoned players to receive easier access to ranking their 4* for collection/special use purposes. Earned as a right of passage for faithfully playing the game for so long?