Options

Speeds of Sp1 and Sp2

Why is it that sometimes an attackers specials 1 and or 2 is thrown extremely fast if you are very close to them and if you are across the screen they lob them slower so as to throw off your dex timing?

Main example... If I’m face 2 face with say SW or WarMachine their sp projectiles get thrown fast as heck... But often I f I’m across the screen they’ll go slower, again, as if to catch you off guard with your dex timing. Why is there not a consistent speed?

Comments

• Options
    RockyshockyRockyshocky Posts: 102 ★★
    There is consistent speed; it just doesn't matter at point blank range. The slowest projectile in the game and the fastest can both be evaded as soon as they're fired. At point blank range, you don't need to account for travel time. When you're far away from the enemy however, you give the projectile space for it to travel through, causing varying timings for dex depending on the space between you and the opponent. It can be tricky, sure, but the projectiles don't actively change speed based on proximity.
  • Options
    MrStarks76MrStarks76 Posts: 5
    And Im saying that sometimes SW will throw her projectiles fast and sometimes it will glide across the screen slow... How is that consistent?

Unless you mean consistently inconsistent :)
  • Options
    Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★
    SW's sp1 hex is not instant and takes time to travel across the screen. When you're right next to her, the hex doesn't have to travel and hits you almost instantly, but when you're far away you'll see it glide across the screen. Same with many other specials like OG Spidey or Domino sp1.

Basically the travel speed is consistent no matter where you're standing, but there is no travel when you're standing right next to the opponent. Distance awareness is a big aspect of fighting in this game and it's handy to get used to different characters' projectiles and their travel time.