**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Angela + Caustic Temper (AQ Map 7)

No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hey, I've just died in Map 7 of Alliance Quest and I don't think I should have.

I'm doing the Caustic Temper lane and I have a sig 182 angela which means +33.34% damage over time debuff duration per buff on me. I had 3 buffs on me throughout this fight but it was constantly applying poisons on half the hits I made, despite having three buffs up. Am I missing something here? It seems to me this should be working just fine. The fight was against Carnage who doesn't appear to have any funky effects when paired with poisons, just bleeds.

Even with the other node of +100% duration, shouldnt these 0 duration debuffs still be 0 duration? If I had 2 buffs up I could see a 6.6 second poison being given to me, but they were all full fat at least 10 second poisons.

Playing on my iPad (2020 model) and unfortunately I didn't record the fight, and i'm dead so I can't even try the second fight and record my attempt on that one.

Comments

• No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Some supporting screenshots.

• horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 227 ★★
    Haven't done that myself (as my angela is sadly unduped) but it sounds like it is an order of operations thing. Like the poison duration is first doubled to 200% and then you subtract the 3 buffs worth of 33.34% reduction, getting you back to 100% duration which would be 10 sec. Not saying that is how it should work, but seems to fit the data you have presented. If it wasn't aq you could test it and see if they start to decrease at 4 buffs.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    It’s possible that the debuff reduction is additive and not multiplicative.

Therefore, a 10 second debuff (100%) becomes 20 seconds (200%), less Angela’s sig of 100% (3 buffs), still nets you a 10s debuff.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

Haven't done that myself (as my angela is sadly unduped) but it sounds like it is an order of operations thing. Like the poison duration is first doubled to 200% and then you subtract the 3 buffs worth of 33.34% reduction, getting you back to 100% duration which would be 10 sec. Not saying that is how it should work, but seems to fit the data you have presented. If it wasn't aq you could test it and see if they start to decrease at 4 buffs.

Sounds very likely, thanks both! That sucks but I will just do the sensible thing tomorrow and bring Sparkles like I usually do.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    Its the debilitate node which increases the duration of the poison so instead of 3 u would need double
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

This happened to me as well but my angela lived... barely. So would 200% reduction counter the node? Worked fine on rest of path.

In my testing Angela can reduce durations beyond 100% so 200% should allow you to overcome the additional 100% duration.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Debilitate