Champion Spotlight - Howard the Duck (2021 Update)
About Howard the Duck
When Howard was whisked away from his detective agency in New York City to the Battlerealm, he didn’t know what to expect. He certainly didn’t expect to be shoved into some back warehouse, organizing the Collector’s Crystals all day. Well, an insult like this won’t just run off this duck’s back. He’s “borrowed” a spare ISO-Loader, made some upgrades, and attached an old friend; his famous Big Freaking Gun. It’s time for Howard to introduce these so-called Champions to the ultimate fighting style of his home universe, Quack-Fu!
Howard the Duck's Mechanics
Howard the Duck is all about the long game. His Fury, Armor Break, Suppression and Heal Block abilities drastically reduce his Opponent’s survivability, while his Dormant Armor grants longevity-boosting Armor Up Buffs. Itchy block finger? Howard’s MASH! ability rewards the skilled and unskilled alike by improving the aforementioned abilities through the ancient art of button mashing. Howard’s Signature Ability further improves upon his survivability by improving Critical Resistance and reducing incoming Debuff duration.
BASE STATS & ABILITIES
|Health||Attack||PI (Max Signature)|
|6-Star (Rank 3, Level 45)||40851||3038||13510|
Character Class: Tech
Basic Abilities: Fury, Armor, Suppress, Armor Break, Heal Block, Stun
- Heal Block application readily available in his SP1 allows Howard to shut down healers.
- Armor Break
- Easily handle Armor Up champions with just a few Heavy Attacks.
- Long Fights
- The longer the fight, the more time to build up your Fury and Armor Breaks. Howard can amass tons of damage in extended bouts.
- Mystic Champions
- Plenty of Buffs means plenty of Power for Mystic champions. Be careful not to eat a SP3!
- Debuff Shrug
- Howard gets a lot of utility and bonus damage from his debuffs. Champions with Purify abilities will be a bane to our feathered friend.
The following Stats and Abilities are based on a Rank 5, Level 65, 5-Star Champion
- The Bulky ISO-Loader suit provides Immunity to Bleed effects.
- Howard’s personal Buffs and Debuffs each expire 1 at a time.
Button Masher Extraordinaire
- Rapidly pressing the Block button at different times in the fight grants Howard special MASH! Bonuses. Each MASH! bonus requires more presses of the Block button than the last within the same window.
- In the Pre-Fight Menu, Howard can activate the Auto-Masher which lasts for the duration of the fight. While Auto-Masher is active, all MASH! Bonuses will be handled automatically for Howard.
- While fighting as a Defender, Auto-Masher is always active.
Before the Fight Starts
- Gain 1 indefinite Dormant Armor. MASH! Gain additional Dormant Armors. When the fight starts each Dormant Armor is converted into an indefinite Armor Up Buff, increasing Armor Rating by +259.55.
- 100% chance to gain a Fury Buff, increasing Attack Rating by +235.8 for 10 seconds. Max Stacks: 50. MASH! Gain additional Fury Buffs.
- 100% chance to inflict an Armor Break Debuff, removing an Armor Up Buff and reducing Armor Rating by 76.17 for 5 seconds. Max Stacks: 10. MASH! Additional hits can inflict additional Armor Break Debuffs.
| Special 1 - Unarmed Attack
| Special 2 - B.F.G Surprise
| Special 3 - Junkyard Smackdown
| Signature Ability - Quack-Fu
Friends – 2-star and up - With She-Hulk, Rocket Raccoon
- All Champions gain +70/95/130 Armor Rating
Teammates – 2-star and up - With Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Dragon Man, Man-Thing
- All Champions gain +3/4/5% Perfect Block Chance
Nemesis – 3-star and up - With M.O.D.O.K., Psycho-Man
- All Champions gain +5/6% Attack
We Ain’t No Punchline – Unique – 4-star and up- With Gwenpool, Spider-Ham, Goldpool
- Howard the Duck: Critical Hits Pause all personal Debuffs for 0.5 seconds.
- Other Synergy Champions: +20% Taunt, Incinerate & Bleed Debuff duration.
New York Brawlers – Unique – 4-star and up- With Daredevil (Hell’s Kitchen), Doctor Strange, Luke Cage, Spider-Man (Stealth Suit)
- Howard the Duck: Opponent Suffers -65% Evade Ability Accuracy.
- Other Synergy Champions: Up to +15% Attack Rating, based on missing health.
Not So Uncanny – Unique – 4-star and up- With Gambit, Bishop, Storm (Pyramid X), Platinumpool
- Howard the Duck: Knocking the opponent down removes all their Prowess effects and grants Howard 1 Prowess Buff for each effect removed this way, each increasing Special Attack Damage by 10% for 10 seconds.
- Other Synergy Champions: +12% Prowess duration and Potency
- While already sporting a Heal Block in his SP1, Howard’s varying assortment of Debuffs will ensure that the opponent’s healing is always under control.
- Combined with Howard’s SP2 Suppress, you can be certain that the opponent's power bar will be an afterthought.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on