**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

HTD and other recent buffs

Some recent buffs like Civil Warrior and now HTD aren't really buffs. Their kit is basically just stacking furies. Civil Warriors buff isn't significant enough to make him a r3 option and it takes his ability to play his usual rotation and with that his utility for damage, which isn't enough to make him usable in the late game. Damage is not everything. Star Lord isn't a top tier champ anymore for a reason. HTD is trading his utility for other worse utility and damage. This damage is actually just a faster build up and not higher max damage. His 50 furies are a little over 5000 attack rating and he can reach up to 10 armor breaks which add up to 700 reduced armor rating. To reach this damage now he needs just 25 furies and he also gains crit damage rating with every fury. He can gain these quite quickly with the Tigra synergy. No one is gonna use Howard for his bleed immunity because it's a very common immunity. His sp1 now has 2,5s healblock instead of reducing all of the opponents stats for the rest of the fight. The healblock is so short, you can barely keep it up for the whole fight if the opponent is very aggressive. His sp2 inflicts 4s suppression which reduces only combat power rate by 10%. It's just 80% chance per hit, not all power gain is reduced and you have to stack 10 of them to reach 100%. There's no way to refresh the suppression. Before that he at least had a chance to put a power drain/lock on the opponent. His sp3 has a stun now. No one is gonna use that anyway. His sig ability trades his regen for additional 15% ability acc, crit resistance and -1,3s debuff duration and that only against mutants. There arent even many mutants that can reduce ability acc and most of them can only do that against non tech champs or reduce it by more than 15%. Crit resistance doesn't matter if you don't get hit and just makes him take more hits on def. Reduced debuff duration could be somewhat useful but it's still not much at sig 200 and not a reason to take him over Rogue or Angela. Not many people used him before, now he will be used even less. It would have been much more of a buff if his numbers would have been slightly increased and he gained his furies like with the Tigra synergy in his base abilities. (Also make his sounds a little quieter)

I hope I am wrong and he's much better than what the spotlight lets me assume. I will wait for the buff to go live and test him.

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    My first thought with htd is hes changed his sig to me is useless now as only mutants bad and sp2 should be random debuffs id be fine with sp1 and 3 change and how u stack fury but the sig and sp2 was great as was
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    Bendy said:

My first thought with htd is hes changed his sig to me is useless now as only mutants bad and sp2 should be random debuffs id be fine with sp1 and 3 change and how u stack fury but the sig and sp2 was great as was

The regen would’ve been a nice lifeline to keep in, I don’t really think I’d invest in his new sig, seeing as how it seems like it’s really only meant to counter Domino. As for the random debuffs off the sp2, he still has some of those debuffs, they’re just moved to different parts of his kit. The heal block is now on sp1, while his armour breaks have moved to his heavy. It seems like they decided to swap the power drain and power lock for suppression, which we’ll have to wait and see in order to know if that’s a viable power control option. The only other debuffs that leaves is his shock and his poison, which have been completely removed. I don’t really think those two debuffs were essential to his kit, so I don’t really think it’s a big loss to lose those two. I personally wasn’t a fan of the random debuffs as you may have been in a situation where a particular debuff may have been needed but it didn’t proc and you got a couple of debuffs that you didn’t need/want.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,761 ★★★★★
    HTD lost that little bit of Poison ability.
  • KyusushuiKyusushui Posts: 145 ★★
    I'd they buffs have been largely successful, they bring champions who you'd be dissapointed to see to a level where they can be perfectly justifiable rankups
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I never even thought negative agrees was possible.
  • BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    Let's wait and see if he can still solo fights like lol x-23 or starlord.
    Because from what I've seen his damage potential will get a lot worse, however in shorter fights he can het more damage.

Personally I'm gonna wait to see how it turns out, but I don't think I'm going to be a fan
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★

Nooo, who are the 2 people who agreed with this gy and made it positive agrees.

Sad, first time I saw a bug like that
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Bendy said:

This buff HTD is like a bit trade of current HTD, the buff one will probadly have less damage potencial than the old one but will be much easier to ramp up and no synergy depend ( tho it's still give +500% base atk) , the random debuff like sp2 like above said move to different part to have 100% valve, that'll give controlable debuff to use in case when it need,( expect poison and shock), his sp3 allow him to stun opp mean to ramp up fury mostly, the only thing i don't like is his sig ability which have regen remove and don't do anything except to counter only 1 champ, unless you have an ultra hate for her AAR, i don't see anyone invest in it. And Buffs and Debuffs each expire 1 at a time make his control buff and debuff less stressful
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★
    I wished Kabam adjust Sentry numbers buff them up a bit, add unstoppable/invulnerability or some mechanic like it.. he is Sentry and he is lesser champion than Nick Fury, Falcon.. I see him as a champion with damage potential as CGR.. I understand it’s Kabam marvel universe so champions attributes doesn’t really equate to the actual Marvel Studios Marvel Universe. Like Thanos is a trophy champion that is meh.. even before getting the infinity gauntlet he was a tough adversary.. is it possible to acquire the infinity gauntlet (unstoppable/unblockable attacks with fury/precision/armor up/perfect block/ armor break/regen/power gain/power drain) at some point in 1000 combo for 10 to 20 sec base on signature level..
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    edited April 2021
    Kerneas said:

1) HTD's abilities expire one by one. That means, no 2.5 sec healblock on SP1, but base 5 secs + 2.5 for each MASH! you perform

2) Any kind of immunity is valuable. Even when it's common. It is just additional value to the champion

3) What is a buff according to you? These two champs recieved more value. Howard got immunity, decent healblock and a useful kit it seems. CW can now actually finish fights without spending eternity doing combos of lim 0 damage. Yes, they aren't the best, but at least they aren't the useless **** they used to be (no offense Swedeah). And if increasing champion's value isn't really a buff, what is then?

So far from what I seen, they want that Hyperion level ease-of-use coupled with that Doctor Doom level of bravado just so they can say "I have a 6 star Howard the Duck who slays everybody with one nudge of my pinky..."

But that's the root of these threads every month, nobody's really come up with a universal agreement about what a buff should include and at what point do we say "hey this is fine." As Kabam stated from the begining of this program, one of the major points for these updates is so that whoever you pull from a crystal, it isn't the end of the world and as pointed out in this thread, the other major point is to help newer players with limited rosters have more options and viability until they can start pulling the legendary five and six star Beyond god tier Champs.

I think one of the bigger misunderstandings that the community has as a whole is believing that these updates are one-and-done. This game is constantly evolving, the champions are going to need to evolve as well. Within a year's time, the Beyond god tier champions of 2020 are going to start to feel inadequate and then they're going to need their numbers bumped up or a mechanic that until now has not been available in game will be added on to them. The problem is is we need to learn to see long-term aspects to this project and not just to our own individual accounts.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    Ok for the idea that not all modified character become god tier. But to spend time on a crappy character that finally remains a (less) crappy character is a big waste of time.
    It should become at least average+. If it is not average, the job is not finished.

Some characters are massively considered as bad and should be a priority in the list. It is very easy to find them with your favorite search engine.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

I cant read all of these non-paragraphs.

Text block≠op

I got to your comment and gave up trying to read everything before and after.. the pain is real.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Why are people like this

The MCOC community has to be one of the most ungrateful gaming communities out there.

howard was hot trash, no one was using him except his tiny fan club. Now he’ll be useful and so many more people will play him.

now a band of 5 howard players in the entire world are trying to get kabam to unbuff howard because he was so OP before!!

they be talking about his loss of utility as if it wasn’t 5x more RNG based than even domino

He lost RNG based utility to gain better, reliable utility. Kabam said this buff was an overhaul, so it is different than the Hood buff in that they didn’t have to keep Howard’s kit at all. They rightfully scrapped his kit and built from the ground up.

All you complainers can stop moaning about the buffs because the buff system has been stellar and the fact that so many champions are improving is a massive positive.

Rock on dude, my thoughts exactly.

Why are people like this

The MCOC community has to be one of the most ungrateful gaming communities out there.

howard was hot trash, no one was using him except his tiny fan club. Now he’ll be useful and so many more people will play him.

now a band of 5 howard players in the entire world are trying to get kabam to unbuff howard because he was so OP before!!

they be talking about his loss of utility as if it wasn’t 5x more RNG based than even domino

He lost RNG based utility to gain better, reliable utility. Kabam said this buff was an overhaul, so it is different than the Hood buff in that they didn’t have to keep Howard’s kit at all. They rightfully scrapped his kit and built from the ground up.

All you complainers can stop moaning about the buffs because the buff system has been stellar and the fact that so many champions are improving is a massive positive.

Yea. Plus he needed synergies to be decent and took time to ramp up even then. I would use so many more champions in the tech class alone. He didn't have any reliable utility (barring an armor up to counter Havok) and so many champions had access to better and faster damage than him. At least Domino has damage.

Idk who would want Howard rebuffed unless this current buff makes him even more more of a noodle and even then, it's too early to speculate.

Why are people like this

Yea. Plus he needed synergies to be decent and took time to ramp up even then. I would use so many more champions in the tech class alone. He didn't have any reliable utility (barring an armor up to counter Havok) and so many champions had access to better and faster damage than him. At least Domino has damage.

Idk who would want Howard rebuffed unless this current buff makes him even more more of a noodle and even then, it's too early to speculate.
    Lmao you would need to read Sweadeh comment section to see how ppl being misleading, they talk like they has been playing him for months. And yes he need synergy to decent and require skillful player to heavy all the time to get damage that would practical enough in LOL, his utility is RNG and only 38% in sp1 which many champ done better. Ppl even said his got nerf damage a lot when this new buff gave him +500% total atk in fury (which not so much lost) and easier way to access fury than never before.

Some recent buffs like Civil Warrior and now HTD aren't really buffs. Their kit is basically just stacking furies. Civil Warriors buff isn't significant enough to make him a r3 option and it takes his ability to play his usual rotation and with that his utility for damage, which isn't enough to make him usable in the late game. Damage is not everything. Star Lord isn't a top tier champ anymore for a reason. HTD is trading his utility for other worse utility and damage. This damage is actually just a faster build up and not higher max damage. His 50 furies are a little over 5000 attack rating and he can reach up to 10 armor breaks which add up to 700 reduced armor rating. To reach this damage now he needs just 25 furies and he also gains crit damage rating with every fury. He can gain these quite quickly with the Tigra synergy. No one is gonna use Howard for his bleed immunity because it's a very common immunity. His sp1 now has 2,5s healblock instead of reducing all of the opponents stats for the rest of the fight. The healblock is so short, you can barely keep it up for the whole fight if the opponent is very aggressive. His sp2 inflicts 4s suppression which reduces only combat power rate by 10%. It's just 80% chance per hit, not all power gain is reduced and you have to stack 10 of them to reach 100%. There's no way to refresh the suppression. Before that he at least had a chance to put a power drain/lock on the opponent. His sp3 has a stun now. No one is gonna use that anyway. His sig ability trades his regen for additional 15% ability acc, crit resistance and -1,3s debuff duration and that only against mutants. There arent even many mutants that can reduce ability acc and most of them can only do that against non tech champs or reduce it by more than 15%. Crit resistance doesn't matter if you don't get hit and just makes him take more hits on def. Reduced debuff duration could be somewhat useful but it's still not much at sig 200 and not a reason to take him over Rogue or Angela. Not many people used him before, now he will be used even less. It would have been much more of a buff if his numbers would have been slightly increased and he gained his furies like with the Tigra synergy in his base abilities. (Also make his sounds a little quieter)

I hope I am wrong and he's much better than what the spotlight lets me assume. I will wait for the buff to go live and test him.
    1) Damage is not everything but you still need it to go through fights. Howard without synergy cannot do that but after buff, he can do it from the looks of it.

2) In most fights, faster build-up with good damage is almost always better than a slower build-up with higher max damage. The only place I see this being a hindrance is in Labyrinth but face it, that's only for cheesy stuff and testing. Hardly anyone is using Howard for Labyrinth completion and exploration currently.

3) Immunity is immunity. Most people will use him for his immunity IN combination with his other abilities.

4) His heal-block is decent, hard to judge without seeing it live but you are forgetting the part where his buffs and debuffs fall off one by one. We haven't seen it in action and so, it's hard to say how this will affect him. Also, I 'd rather take a guarenteed heal block than some effect which reduces regen rate up to 24% max and only serves to increase his damage which so many champs do better, even with synergies.

5) Suppresion debuffs have 80% chance to activate which is better than the 30% chance for each effect he has now. Also this is irrelevant since NO ONE used him for this ability due it's randomness and can only be accessed from sp2. I'd much rather take this suppression and the new kit rather than the heavy randomness of his old.

6) This stun is meant to give him furies and retaliate after sp3 which is a nice bonus which many people like. Additionally, the stun can be made into a passive allowing him to POTENTIALLY work in places where debuffs don't (debuff immunity nodes).

7) I agree his sig ability is meh. But Angela and Rogue do different things than Howard and that's why they are different champions.

8)Yes please make his noises and sounds quieter.

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I’m personally super excited for the Howard buff, the mash ability sounds extremely fun! I’m gonna r4 my Howard with a 3-4 Variant gem.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    edited April 2021
    Maybe we are not all reading or maybe not all understanding the HTD buff. He actually looks like he’s going to be good. Keep in mind that his debuffs fall off one at a time, meaning that you get a fury each time you parry and will continue to stack those faster than they fall off (10 seconds each). As far heal block and power suppression, you get more of those debuffs through MASH, so it appears that the debuffs will be lasting 10-20 seconds.

Besides that, you can set for auto-MASH, so you don’t have to worry about that mechanic being annoying.

Why are people like this

Plus the it would require very skillful player to heavy all the time to keep those fury and he need synergy to decent which is practical enough for LOL and some easy fight, lol you need to see the amount of ppl being misleaded and said things like they play him for months. They also said buff HTD got nerf damage so hard when he only being cap and reduced fury potencial slightly ( which still huge about +500% total atk) in trade of easier access to fury and maintain them less stressful.
  • ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245
    Are you Swedeah L ? 😂