**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Change in AI behaviour and reaction

Has Kabam formerly mentioned anything about the AI being what seems to be better than before or atleast a bit more challenging?

Also how the AI is sometimes able to recover from a successful SP1 or Sp2 quickly enough to successfully punch your face in?

Comments

• MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    The behavior has definitely changed.

I've even seen changes while inside of a match... In 5.2.4, I've been fighting Ant Man. For about the first 80% of the fight, his heavies and L1s have consistent slide distances to their finish point. You swipe evade to a point and then just wait to punch him.

Then, I guess it was probably about the time the Assassin mastery kicks in, his uppercuts and spin kicks started sliding out farther to try and catch me napping. I'm used to the extra slide if you aren't actively evading during the attack, but to have the slide extend even while I think I've evaded properly seems a little bit **** to me...

Especially since pots heal such paltry amounts of health.
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    So I'm guessing "Kabam" hasn't formerly acknowledged they have made any or no chnages to the AI, especially considering the amount of comments and posts about this in the forums.

Is this one of those changes that will just be sent out and Kabam will just silently monitor with a "we will not confirm or deny" stance?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Where do you guys find the super AI? What parts of the game?
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    Its not a super AI, its more like a change in its expected behavior.

Expected behavior being what we have grown use to over a long time playing the game.

Personally, I like that it has changed but what I don't like is the lack of acknowledgment or notification.

If there has been a notification and I've missed it then fine, my bad.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Act 5, the AI purposely hits you slower so your parry won't be a thing. Gotta love that 400+ block damage it brings. You can see them sometimes just not attacking as fast so parry doesn't activate.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    I had a laugh for 3 mins straight when I was doing a 5 hit combo and the AI straight up recovered mid combo and made a special attack, I was like Damn are they at this level of BS already?

If something like that happens (to me at least) it's usually when they have an evade like Ultron, BW, or one of the Spideys.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Morgan wrote: »
    I had a laugh for 3 mins straight when I was doing a 5 hit combo and the AI straight up recovered mid combo and made a special attack, I was like Damn are they at this level of BS already?

This happens quite often.

That said, it's needed to point out that certain AI bahviours are over the bounds of fair rules. Adaptoids would take a combo after special in AQ on days 1-2, block the following attack 50% of times on day 3, and defently block or even parry on day 4-5. Now on day 1 they reliably block your punish.

Whatever the difficulty and the content the IA shoul ALWAIS have openings to attack, right now the AI is literally imput reading the player's fingers. Tekken style.

Regaarding behavuour, it looks to me like they implemented a "dark souls"-alike sistem where past a certain portion of hp lost the behaviour changes completely, and the reaction time shortens.

Man if you think AQ adaptoids are too difficult, i don't know what to even say to that