**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Tech champ shootout...

Car_Z_10Car_Z_10 Posts: 10
edited April 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hello everyone,

I am almost sure that many are immediately outraged by the question....

Still, is Gully2099 even better than Howard (reworked)?

I finished the WS with my 6* Gully with the SK 3 and then took 153 hits for CapMarv (all without synergies, no Suicide).

With my duped 6 *Howard I needed 201 hits for CapMarv, although the pure number is a bit unfair, since his Heavies (and there were many of them :smile: ) insist on 5 or 6 hits.

So in the end, pretty equal!!! So is the new Howard Gully 2099 really at the same level? What do you guys think?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I mean I would say she is, but there are definitely going to be people who say that Howard is better. We have to remember that she has been released for a year and a half, and buffed Howard has been out for two weeks. Also, RoL is not the end all be all way to rate champs. G2099 is a lot more useful in high tier content in my opinion
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    G99 and there's absolutely no contest at all.
  • Car_Z_10Car_Z_10 Posts: 10
    edited April 2021
    ... Gully is of course still poisoning immune and has the healing function from 15%. This is certainly both worth something, but you have to maintain the combo for it and if you mess up with the SK at the end, you start again from 0 in the next fight. Since the feathered beast is easier to use.

What are your reasons that G99 is so much better?
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Lol this is funny, you think champ ranking is based off the amount of hits they do to win a fight.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    Yeah, g2099 is still WAY better than Howard...

Lol this is funny, you think champ ranking is based off the amount of hits they do to win a fight.

No, but I try to compare the obvious things and also name PROS and CONS.... Once again "what are your reasons that G99 is better"?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Car_Z_10 said:

No, but I try to compare the obvious things and also name PROS and CONS.... Once again "what are your reasons that G99 is better"?
    Well you only compared their damage in 1 fight. To answer your question, no crits, far far superior power control, energy damage bypasses a ton, far more sustainable, far more practical damage, long 120% Spectre off the Sp2. She's better in pretty much every conceivable way.
    Etjama said:

Car_Z_10 said:

Well you only compared their damage in 1 fight. To answer your question, no crits, far far superior power control, energy damage bypasses a ton, far more sustainable, far more practical damage, long 120% Spectre off the Sp2. She's better in pretty much every conceivable way.
    Ok, thank you, that are all robust points!

• Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    G2099 is better because she destroys super long fights and has a lot easier ramp up than htd. She also has a lot more utility. Howard is now pretty good but he’s not in the conversation with the very best of the tech class.