**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nick Fury still broken...

DeliDeli Posts: 353 β˜…β˜…β˜…
edited April 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Another update and NF is still broken...
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The fix they pushed to fix the persistent charges was what caused AQ not too work. They are still working on a solution.
  • Options
    Yeah he is still broken. I think the persistent charge bug is slightly more broken now as well in my opinion
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    But it doesn't negatively affect kabam outside of our perception of them, so they don't care. The bug will linger through the end of the year easy, if not longer. Have fun restarting the game all the time.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    crogs said:

But it doesn't negatively affect kabam outside of our perception of them, so they don't care. The bug will linger through the end of the year easy, if not longer. Have fun restarting the game all the time.

As said above stupid comment. We have literally already seen that this persistent charges bug is bothering them seriously. There's been a mega-thread on this already to help find the cause and you could see the extreme variance in cases. It's not an easy bug to fix. In-fact they already fixed it once but it started causing issues.

Plus, while the general outlook is that it affects us negatively, it also makes our lives easier in some cases especially when going through fights like Nick Fury. Due to this bug, 6.3 Nick which is now a joke where you face only 30% of health in practise if this does happen to you.

Think about it. What will Kabam gain from this? All it's doing is annoying player's experience while it making it harder for them design content and champions. Most people aren't even dying to this bug, it's just annoying for gameplay allround.
  • Options

The fix they pushed to fix the persistent charges was what caused AQ not too work. They are still working on a solution.

Source?
    Kabam boo said it on the mega thread I believe on persistent charges.
  • Options

Source?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1747947#Comment_1747947

• Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 β˜…β˜…β˜…

crogs said:

As said above stupid comment. We have literally already seen that this persistent charges bug is bothering them seriously. There's been a mega-thread on this already to help find the cause and you could see the extreme variance in cases. It's not an easy bug to fix. In-fact they already fixed it once but it started causing issues.

Plus, while the general outlook is that it affects us negatively, it also makes our lives easier in some cases especially when going through fights like Nick Fury. Due to this bug, 6.3 Nick which is now a joke where you face only 30% of health in practise if this does happen to you.

Think about it. What will Kabam gain from this? All it's doing is annoying player's experience while it making it harder for them design content and champions. Most people aren't even dying to this bug, it's just annoying for gameplay allround.
    And how many times have they responded in that thread? Minimal at best. A month goes by with nothing said. Annoyed players still play. Don't see anyone rage quitting from this.

And as usual,if this was something where players were benefitting, getting extra resources/rewards, having easier fights in hard content and so on; it would have been fixed yesterday. But because it just causes us grief and, wasted energy, pot usage and so on, it just goes on and on.

You can say it's a stupid comment, but over six years, they have a pattern with bugs. It clearly shows. They'll even chastise, punish and so on when people take advantage of bugs. But there's no real recourse in the flip side. You think they really care there are disgruntled players with this issue? So cute... πŸ™„
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Weren’t Lazarus and starburst broken for months and months? Hell one of them is STILL not working, is it?
  • Options
    crogs said:

crogs said:

And how many times have they responded in that thread? Minimal at best. A month goes by with nothing said. Annoyed players still play. Don't see anyone rage quitting from this.

And as usual,if this was something where players were benefitting, getting extra resources/rewards, having easier fights in hard content and so on; it would have been fixed yesterday. But because it just causes us grief and, wasted energy, pot usage and so on, it just goes on and on.

You can say it's a stupid comment, but over six years, they have a pattern with bugs. It clearly shows. They'll even chastise, punish and so on when people take advantage of bugs. But there's no real recourse in the flip side. You think they really care there are disgruntled players with this issue? So cute... πŸ™„
    Actually it does benefit the players. NF and Mephisto on defense are effected. NF starts in 2nd life as a defender making him easy. Even in 6.2. Mephisto doesn't regen at all.

So take your ridiculous rhetoric elsewhere. The whole "they fix bugs that benefit players fast" is a crutch by people like you just to try and put shade on Kabam. It's not true and just a tinfoil conspiracy people like you need to survive.
  • Options
    crogs said:

crogs said:

They have responded when needed. What do you want them to say to you? A detailed explanation and examination of the game's code?

And again, gaining extra rewards is big problem not only for Kabam but for us players. It devalues our work, time and the monetary cost of it. Imagine grinding away for hours in the arena and due to a random bug, some guy gets 1000 units just like that with one arena round. The main complaint of this month's sq is literally that some players are getting potentially more rewards while they aren't for the same effort.

Also the pattern with bugs never shows. All that's shown is common sense. Also, they clearly care about disgruntled players. That's why they are taking time to bring us Qol changes and whatnot.
  • Options

Source?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1747947#Comment_1747947

I saw this. It didn't specify AQ or anything for that matter
    Well what other issues could she have been referencing? Plus they were fixed with the new update, but no one could login and the AQ issues. Then they pushed up hotfix and that broke them again.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

Source?
    The aq issues came first from them starting season 8.5 and then trying to compensate for the late start with 30 min timers. I'm pretty sure boo is referring to the log in issues with this update and that's the reason they had to revert the fix
    Weren't they all tied together from the same update?
  • Options

crogs said:

dont flipside this issue. Nick g99 aegon are valuable attackers who are unusable currently. I dont mind facing actual fights if it means my strongest attackers CAN be used. This update broke a lot of things with the persistent charges and should be fixed asap.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

crogs said:

dont flipside this issue. Nick g99 aegon are valuable attackers who are unusable currently. I dont mind facing actual fights if it means my strongest attackers CAN be used. This update broke a lot of things with the persistent charges and should be fixed asap.
    They aren't unusable. If you restart your game, they come back. Sometimes it takes a few times but they'll be there.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Zan0 said:

Source?
    The aq issues came first from them starting season 8.5 and then trying to compensate for the late start with 30 min timers. I'm pretty sure boo is referring to the log in issues with this update and that's the reason they had to revert the fix
    Pretty sure it was the login issue. But they both could be related. Remember there was a patch after the update to fix the login issues? I think they fixed the persistent charge issue, but it caused the login issues. May be the AQ issue is related to the new AQ season. Boo's reply did not specify what issue the fix caused.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Zan0 said:

Source?
    Pretty sure it was the login issue. But they both could be related. Remember there was a patch after the update to fix the login issues? I think they fixed the persistent charge issue, but it caused the login issues. May be the AQ issue is related to the new AQ season. Boo's reply did not specify what issue the fix caused.
    Yeah. You and Zan0 are probably right. I do remember one of the Mods linking the patch to the charges so it was probably the login thing.
  • Options

crogs said:

I'm not flipsiding anything. It is what it is whether you WANT to face those defenders or not. All of us want it to be fixed except ofc the Kabam haters because then they'll have one less thing to whine about.
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,818 Guardian
    edited April 2021

crogs said:

They aren't unusable. If you restart your game, they come back. Sometimes it takes a few times but they'll be there.
    it has never come back for me. I havent been able to use persistent charge champs for 3 weeks now, and i have 4 of them at r3.
    also, yes they are unusable.
    Aegon : cannot bank combo
    g99, no armor no power drain no combo banked
    Nick: starts in second life.
    HOXmags: cannot gain prowess
    Moleman: cannot shrug anything off
  • Options

crogs said:

I'm not flipsiding anything. It is what it is whether you WANT to face those defenders or not. All of us want it to be fixed except ofc the Kabam haters because then they'll have one less thing to whine about.
    Plus Nick, g99, and Aegon aren't the only ones affected by the issue. My point was that some people think that this bug is being purposefully left in the game, that Kabam don't care, blah blah while clearly ignoring all evidence. I'm not saying this bug is good, just pointing out places where they can be helpful for the players.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Is the bug related to device or OS or something? If it wasn’t for the forums, I don’t think i’d even know this bug existed. Only seen it 2 times i think? Once on corvus (but his damage was the same), one on nick (but i also had a dead nick i revived get his lmd back). Never had anyone in my alliance mention it either I don’t think and we use g2099 and other persistent champs in war constantly
  • Options
    As others have already mentioned, the team has been hard at work investigating this issue and working on a more permanent solution to it. If you have specific details to share on this issue or are looking to stay updated when we have new information to share, you can check out this link here.
This discussion has been closed.