**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

$50 for a 6 star nexus and 2 6 star basic crystals?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I'm contemplating whether to spend $50 for a 6 star nexus and 2 6 star basic crystals, should I do it? Best deals of the year so far, and July 4th is a few months out. But ya know $50 is quite a chunky amount, it's pretty insane value tho considering 5 cavs = $50

Comments

• Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    I’m probably going buy a Odin, it is a pretty good deal, but it just hurts more because July 4th is right around the corner. But you can’t beat getting the extras with the units.
    My problem is the 6 star nexus, still has a high chance of getting duds, with how big the 6 star pull is!
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Putang76 said:

I’m probably going buy a Odin, it is a pretty good deal, but it just hurts more because July 4th is right around the corner. But you can’t beat getting the extras with the units.
    My problem is the 6 star nexus, still has a high chance of getting duds, with how big the 6 star pull is!

Yeah July 4th being right around the corner is making me think twice, but these deals are pretty great too, so I think I'll just get it. Good luck on your opening!
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Not answering your question directly, I looked back on last year’s Thanksgiving deal - $30 unit purchase got you a 6-star nexus plus a few 5%T5cc. I’m not sure what the $50 deal for last thanksgiving was though, but you could compare to that.

I did the arena and ended up purchasing $30. With all the doubloons, got 6-star nexus, two 10% T5cc, and a few other catalysts.

Although we are close to July where the going rate for a 6-star nexus will decrease even further compared to last Thanksgiving, all the little extras seemed decent enough to me.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

Not answering your question directly, I looked back on last year’s Thanksgiving deal - $30 unit purchase got you a 6-star nexus plus a few 5%T5cc. I’m not sure what the $50 deal for last thanksgiving was though, but you could compare to that.

I did the arena and ended up purchasing $30. With all the doubloons, got 6-star nexus, two 10% T5cc, and a few other catalysts.

Although we are close to July where the going rate for a 6-star nexus will decrease even further compared to last Thanksgiving, all the little extras seemed decent enough to me.

Very interesting, thanks. The value of the 6 star nexus has remained the same it seems, but the 6 star crystal for the extra $10 is really nice (X-Force's Treasure).
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Yes do it and post the pictures...

Although if you have to think about it then probably shouldn’t spend the money. Not that I believe everyone that doesn’t think twice about spending $50 can instantly afford it, but the latter is a definite. Being cautious with money is smart.

But definitely do it.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Although if you have to think about it then probably shouldn’t spend the money. Not that I believe everyone that doesn’t think twice about spending $50 can instantly afford it, but the latter is a definite. Being cautious with money is smart.

But definitely do it.

The way i see it is that paying money on a mobile video game is like paying for some fun. Even though it is technically throwing money away, i dont find it all that different than buying a TV show or some other sort of thing to enjoy.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

But definitely do it.

The way i see it is that paying money on a mobile video game is like paying for some fun. Even though it is technically throwing money away, i dont find it all that different than buying a TV show or some other sort of thing to enjoy.
    I agree, but not everyone sees it as such.