**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Generic Rank Up Gem not working

DramioneDramione Posts: 76
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
Hi. I hope everyone's ok.

I'd be grateful if someone could help me, please.

I have expiring 5* 2 to 3 Generic Gems. They don't say they have to be used on specific year champions.

However, the Gem is not an option when I try to rank up some champs from 2 to 3. I'm trying to do Crossbones but it's giving me the options of Catalysts and a Skill 2 to 3 Rank Up Gem only.

The Generic is an option for Juggernaut, but for Spider-Man ( Miles Morales), I only have options for Catalysts and a Science 2 to 3 Rank Up Gem.

Am I missing something?

All help is appreciated :-)
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Have you tried restarting the game?
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    I think you have to use the class gems. Support will only help you if it's a generic year-based gem. It sucks, but there is no solution in sight right now
  • Options
    That's a shame.

I'll write to Support anyway, and see what they say.

Thank you, all!
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Dramione said:

That's a shame.

I'll write to Support anyway, and see what they say.

Thank you, all!

Definitely can't hurt to try
  • Options
    Cam97Cam97 Posts: 364
    Did you fully level up before trying the rank up gem? Max level is required
  • Options
    Cam97 said:

Did you fully level up before trying the rank up gem? Max level is required

Yep. Triple checked! Lolz!
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    The game defaults to class or year specific gems if you have them. You'll have to contact support and let them know that you want to use a generic rank up gem on whichever champion. Theyll likely tell you to use the default gem, contact them back after and then they will remove the generic gem from your inventory and restore the gem used back into your inventory.

If only kabam would address this ongoing problem with rank up gems. There have been hundreds of posts about it since gems were released, but its been ignored.
  • Options
    I haven't been on the forums in a while. I've missed all this.

Kabam Support said:

Please know that it was intended for the class-based rank up gems to be used first before the generic versions. It is because the system will prioritize Summoners to use the low priority class-based since it can only be used to limited Champions of that class compared to the high priority generic ones that can be used for most Champions in any class.

Essentially what you've all said. I have to say, I read that and thought, "Erm, am I not an adult who can make up their own minds about how they want to use their own resources?"

Boy, I'm glad Kabam is there to parent me, seeing as my own parents are dead! LMAO!!!!!

:-)

Thanks to everyone who replied.
  • Options
    Xalty55kgXalty55kg Posts: 1
    Bro this problem is occurring only in champions above 3 star.. I have some gems but cant use them
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Please do not bump old, inactive threads.
This discussion has been closed.