**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dr Octopus vs Red Magneto

Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
It’s not a poll, which I know the title may look like.

I just realised that in Spider-Man 2, Dr Octopus states his mechanical aids are ‘impervious to heat and magnetism’.

Just wondering why Magneto (clue is in the name) has his magnetic power over him?

I think a lot of people tried to forget the Tobey Spidermans, and maybe it’s different in comics, so thought I’d see what others think.

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    SWORD78 said:

Why would anyone try and forget Tobey Maguire’s Spider-Man?

He is the best

Tom is too reliant on Tech which kind of sucks because he is more like Iron Man. I love Iron Man but I don’t want Spider-Man to be Iron Man Jr. I get that the MCU wants it like that but I don’t agree with it

Andrew was decent. They made him too “cool” IMO. They also focused too much on setting up the Sinister Six in the 2nd movie and it just went downhill because they didn’t make a third movie

Tobey I think was the best out of all of them. Sure he looked a tad older then the part he was supposed to be playing but it didn’t hinder his performance that much. I personally like the idea of Organic Webbing as opposed to the original web shooters because they make him seem more like a “Spider-Man” and the Third Movie kind of just put too many villains and sub plots so people didn’t understand

What were we talking about? Oh yeah.

As someone said above not being metal is a part of Alfred Molina’s Doc Ock. In the comics he is metal

say what you will about Andrew, the suits and web swinging in those two films are far superior than either of the others
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

SWORD78 said:

He is the best

Tom is too reliant on Tech which kind of sucks because he is more like Iron Man. I love Iron Man but I don’t want Spider-Man to be Iron Man Jr. I get that the MCU wants it like that but I don’t agree with it

Andrew was decent. They made him too “cool” IMO. They also focused too much on setting up the Sinister Six in the 2nd movie and it just went downhill because they didn’t make a third movie

Tobey I think was the best out of all of them. Sure he looked a tad older then the part he was supposed to be playing but it didn’t hinder his performance that much. I personally like the idea of Organic Webbing as opposed to the original web shooters because they make him seem more like a “Spider-Man” and the Third Movie kind of just put too many villains and sub plots so people didn’t understand

As someone said above not being metal is a part of Alfred Molina’s Doc Ock. In the comics he is metal

say what you will about Andrew, the suits and web swinging in those two films are far superior than either of the others

His Suit was amazing. I loved the Yellow Eyes in the first movie and how big the White eyes were in the second movie

I personally like Tobey’s suit better because of the Silver Webbing but Andrew’s was dope
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    In the Comics they are (or were for a long time) made of Adamantium, and if you think back to Fatal Attractions (where Wolverine has his Adamantium Ripped off his Skeleton and later loses his Nose for no reason) we know Magento can easily Manipulate Adamantium.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

SWORD78 said:

He is the best

Web swinging in the first 10 minutes of the amazing spider-man 2 movie and the costume is the only good thing in that movie.
    I like all the Spider-Man suits but the stark enhanced suit has his eyes emote so that's what I like most.
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Kabam made a iceman taking damage from cold or a Dormmamu vulnerable to fire even with its head engulfed in fire so why not allow Magneto manipulate a magnatism immune suit ? 😁
  • Options
    I didn’t know about the comic origins of the Dr Ok suit, so I could only go off what the movies told me. And as people say, Kabam can & do go against certain aspects of both when designing game character abilities. No big deal.

As for the Spidey movies, I love them all. Granted I’m not a huge spidey fan, he’s quite a way down my list of fave characters, but the films I think are all good. Tobey is my fave portrayal, Andrew is my fave films (gutted they never made a third), and Tom has grown on me. I didn’t like the Tom reboot at first, simply because I felt Amazing Spidey should and could have easily been continued and developed, but then they cast Batman as Vulture and there was no way Keaton was going to disappoint.

In all the Spidey films I feel like it’s the villain that makes them better or worse, hence why Spidey 2 with Dr Ok is my fave. The power of the sun in the palm of my hand! Plus Aunt Mays speech about there being a hero in all of us is heart wrenching! Lol
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    SWORD78 said:

He is the best

Thoughts:

Tobey was the best Peter Parker but a terrible Spider-Man.

Andrew was the best Spider-Man but a terrible Peter Parker.

Tom is good at both, thus I prefer Tom overall because there's no lapse in character.

But that's just me.
  • Options
    aNOOBis235aNOOBis235 Posts: 147
    YoMoves said:

SWORD78 said:

He is the best

Thoughts:

Tom is good at both, thus I prefer Tom overall because there's no lapse in character.

But that's just me.
    You have to be disregarding the third one for Tobey for obvious reasons.
  • Options
    YoMoves said:

SWORD78 said:

He is the best

Thoughts:

But that's just me.
    I do think Age is the key factor in who people prefer as a star of a film. Not just Spidey, I'm talking about all films where different actors portray the same character.
  • Options

YoMoves said:

SWORD78 said:

He is the best

Thoughts:

But that's just me.
    You didn't like Tobey's piano playing?! lol
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★

YoMoves said:

SWORD78 said:

He is the best

Thoughts:

But that's just me.
    Tobey wasn't a good Venom Peter. I blame the movie for that more than Tobey though.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

YoMoves said:

SWORD78 said:

He is the best

Thoughts:

But that's just me.
    He is still a good normal Peter. The emo Peter is a problem but still he stands out for the memes and is funny as hell.
    Spider-man 3 has some really iconic scenes and concluded the story nicely even though it's overstuffed and misguided at some places it can't be disregarded.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I like all 3 generations of spider-man but boy am I glad mcu spider-man didn't do the origin thing again. It becomes tiring to see the same thing being potrayed again and again that too in the same 20 years.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Don't look for any logic here, White Mags is immune to bleed because he can control metal in blood. Therefore Magneto should be able to kill pretty much any champ, since almost everyone is either metallic or has blood. Only exception could be Dormammu. Even Groot and KG have metal in them...
  • Options

YoMoves said:

SWORD78 said:

He is the best

Thoughts:

But that's just me.
    Yeah thats the problem lol.Didn't like the key he chose.
  • Options

YoMoves said:

SWORD78 said:

He is the best

Thoughts:

But that's just me.
  • Options

YoMoves said:

SWORD78 said:

He is the best

Thoughts:

But that's just me.
  • Options

YoMoves said:

SWORD78 said:

He is the best

Thoughts:

But that's just me.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★

In the Comics they are (or were for a long time) made of Adamantium, and if you think back to Fatal Attractions (where Wolverine has his Adamantium Ripped off his Skeleton and later loses his Nose for no reason) we know Magento can easily Manipulate Adamantium.

Awesome callback! That image in the series where Wolverine pops his bone claws for the first time, revealing that the claws were part of him and not just things that were implanted when he got the adamantium...I remember how shocking that was...lol.