**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

CGR worth Awakening Gem

TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
edited May 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Just got CGR and I love him! Is he worth a generic 5 star awakening gem? I have most other people who require awakening already awakened.

CGR worth Awakening Gem 38 votes

Yes
36%
TendersquadTheHoodedDormammuLogan00Ben550pdump_monkeyTrashyPandaScrubhanChaosMax1012Valentinos13anaLysis_ShepBarani7daWooptyfrickendooEarl123 14 votes
No ( who else)
63%
TerraFurious_Fighter1manveertherealDemonSlayer5000SparrowNittKill_GreyLegionnaireAshKetchumCrunchFiiNCHReignkingTWErcarretIronGladiator22SpideyFunkounstablechildSkyLord7000HoitadoHusain_b128RiptideLlessur 24 votes
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Yes

I wouldn’t even do that and I used a gem on 5 star kang

Who would I save it for?
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    No ( who else)

Who would I save it for?
    Hype, cmm, Corvus. Rank up cgr even without the awakening he’s the best cosmic
    Yes

Who would I save it for?
    All of those 3 are already awakened for me lol
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    No ( who else)

Who would I save it for?
    All of those 3 are already awakened for me lol
    Then awaken him why not
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    No ( who else)
    Show whats your roster like then it will be easier to decide. There are other champions who deserve it more than CGR.
    For eg
    Void
    AA
    Omega Red
    Captain America IW
    Ghost
    Guardian
    Human Torch
    Colossus
    Nick
    Aegon
    Falcon
    edited May 2021
    Yes

Show whats your roster like then it will be easier to decide. There are other champions who deserve it more than CGR.
    For eg
    Void
    AA
    Omega Red
    Captain America IW
    Ghost
    Guardian
    Human Torch
    Colossus
    Nick
    Aegon
    Falcon

have all awakened except for guardian, who i dont have
    and torch who i dont have (but i have 2 science ags)
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Its nice to have
    Yes
    My roster:

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    No ( who else)
    I'm in a similar situation where I have several generic gems and basically all of my top champs already awakened, so it's a little difficult to see a use for the gems and why I should hoard them as the precious resources people seem to believe they are.

With that being said, I didn't use a generic gem on him but awakened him when I got a Cosmic one. I think that was reasonable. His awakened ability is neat, but not necessary by any stretch of the imagination. Neither are further sig levels beyond the first. He rests comfortably at sig 1.
  • DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    The fact that you have all the important cosmic champions awakened already means there’s nothing wrong with using the gem on CGR.

I would do it if I were you because CGR’s awakened ability is pretty sweet and you love playing him as well. It’s really a win-win situation here.
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    No ( who else)

My roster:

Falcon benefits more from the awakening than CGR so i would say do him. Or if you don't use falcon then i would say it won't be a harm in Awakening CGR since you already have a wide range of champions