Selling champions

Hail_Fire147Hail_Fire147 Member Posts: 30
edited May 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
I know that I can’t sell 5 and 6 star champions, but why do I not have an option to sell any champions anymore?! The “sell” button is literally gone. Is this a bug or part of an update? Either way, please fix it.

Comments

• Hail_Fire147Hail_Fire147 Member Posts: 30
    Zan0 said:

They removed it because selling champs is dumb

Why it it dumb? Why would I want to keep a champion that I don’t use at a tier that I don’t want?
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

Why it it dumb? Why would I want to keep a champion that I don’t use at a tier that I don’t want?
    You get more from duping champs. And they aim to make more content where you need certain star levels of champs. Just like they just released challenges where you need a 3 star loki, cyclops blue, cyclops red, 4 star starlord, 4 star Canadian champs, 5 star kamala khan
    Still, I don’t want to keep champions that I’ll never use at lower tiers (2 star). I literally only play this game for about 30 minutes a day and that’s just to do the monthly quest. So I don’t care about things like “getting more out of dupes” or completing challenges, or whatever because I’m not invested enough in this game to care.
    edited May 2021
    No_oneuk said:

Zan0 said:

because if you sell that Iron Fist that you don't want and never use, the next time you get him he will just be there, all you get is an Iron Fist. If you didn't sell the first one, however, now you have a lot of mystic ISO that you can throw into champions you actually DO want to use.

that Iron Fist is just a battery for you. you charge it by duplicating him and then you can use that battery to fuel other champions, ones you actually care about. he can sit in your champion list never ever ever ever getting used - and that's ok. he's there to be your battery, and nothing more.
    Still, I don’t want to keep champions that I’ll never use at lower tiers (2 star). I literally only play this game for about 30 minutes a day and that’s just to do the monthly quest. So I don’t care about things like “getting more out of dupes” or completing challenges, or whatever because I’m not invested enough in this game to care. And all of the champions that I do care about (at least the ones I use the most), are already maxed out.
  • Kabam LotoKabam Loto Moderator Posts: 1,997

Hello @KingSamDaMan. Thank you for the reminder. Definitely, all the changes are notified per email to avoid any confusion.
    No_oneuk said:

No_oneuk said:

Zan0 said:

because if you sell that Iron Fist that you don't want and never use, the next time you get him he will just be there, all you get is an Iron Fist. If you didn't sell the first one, however, now you have a lot of mystic ISO that you can throw into champions you actually DO want to use.

that Iron Fist is just a battery for you. you charge it by duplicating him and then you can use that battery to fuel other champions, ones you actually care about. he can sit in your champion list never ever ever ever getting used - and that's ok. he's there to be your battery, and nothing more.
    Still, I don’t want to keep champions that I’ll never use at lower tiers (2 star). I literally only play this game for about 30 minutes a day and that’s just to do the monthly quest. So I don’t care about things like “getting more out of dupes” or completing challenges, or whatever because I’m not invested enough in this game to care. And all of the champions that I do care about (at least the ones I use the most), are already maxed out.
    Well since you’re so stripped on time, not being able to sell champions should save you some time then :)
    It’s not that I have a limited timeframe to play the game each day, I choose to only play it for 30ish minutes a day.
    edited May 2021
    No_oneuk said:

Well since you’re so stripped on time, not being able to sell champions should save you some time then :)

It’s not that I have a limited timeframe to play the game each day, I choose to only play for 30ish minutes a day.

No_oneuk said:

No_oneuk said:

It’s not that I have a limited timeframe to play the game each day, I choose to only play for 30ish minutes a day.

Yes, and you'll be able to get more done in that 30 minutes now that you don't have to keep spending time selling your champions :)
    You say that as if the process of selling a champion takes like 5 minutes.
    No_oneuk said:

No_oneuk said:

No_oneuk said:

Yes, and you'll be able to get more done in that 30 minutes now that you don't have to keep spending time selling your champions :)
    You say that as if the process of selling a champion takes like 5 minutes.
    When your budget is only 30 minutes, every second counts! Kabam is trying to help you shave off those seconds.
    Sure, but I didn’t ask for their help.
  • GyanemdjerGyanemdjer Member Posts: 141
    No_oneuk said:

No_oneuk said:

Last time i spoke for the option of selling champs, i got 11 disagrees nd just 1 agree.
    Just hear me out, many ppl said selling champs is bad for progression so its good tht they removed it but if tht is the case why doesnt kabam remove the option to rank 3 a 6star iron pattriot.... after all it will only harm the account progression but it isnt removed... why cuz the game is customizable its upto the players choice.. so even though rank3 6star iron pattriot is a bad for progression some ppl do it.
    However ppl said kabam was planning to add further events tht require more diversity.... for tht reason i can get over it but still for a non hardcore player selling champs is fun as it helps to get the last say 20 4star shards or so...
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Member Posts: 306 ★★★
    I’m not ever a fan of being told what I can and can’t do with my stuff. Kabam telling me what I can and can’t do with my roster is like some nanny-state government telling me what I can and can’t do with my property. If people want to sell champs let them sell their damn champs - it’s their roster and they have to live with the consequences of it.
    Do I think selling champs is a good idea? Of course not. But I’m not about to dictate what others do with their own rosters and neither should Kabam IMO.
    If you like being told what you can and can’t do with your account, that’s your business, but at least have the decency to stfu about it if someone else doesn’t.
  • mortenhymortenhy Member Posts: 492 ★★
    No_oneuk said:

No_oneuk said:

You should really consider being a shrink..and this is a compliment.. I mean no disrespect to anyone, but it's pretty funny that you actually try to help another player and while the other player is getting more and more furious, you are still polite and optimistic. I respect that 👍
    mortenhy said:

No_oneuk said:

No_oneuk said:

You should really consider being a shrink..and this is a compliment.. I mean no disrespect to anyone, but it's pretty funny that you actually try to help another player and while the other player is getting more and more furious, you are still polite and optimistic. I respect that 👍
    However, I never asked for anyone’s help in the first place.

I agree with Kaizen_King. We should not be dictated on what we can and can’t do with our rosters. If I want to sell a champ because I have no intention of ever using them, I should be able to do so.

I’m not ever a fan of being told what I can and can’t do with my stuff. Kabam telling me what I can and can’t do with my roster is like some nanny-state government telling me what I can and can’t do with my property. If people want to sell champs let them sell their damn champs - it’s their roster and they have to live with the consequences of it.
    Do I think selling champs is a good idea? Of course not. But I’m not about to dictate what others do with their own rosters and neither should Kabam IMO.
    If you like being told what you can and can’t do with your account, that’s your business, but at least have the decency to stfu about it if someone else doesn’t.

100% agreed.

• CyberOneMillionCyberOneMillion Member Posts: 20
    You should upgrade all champs regardless of their star ratings. I grind the 4 star arenas weekly when I have time to do so. High level two star and three star champs can hit all milestones in their respective arenas in a short amount of time. There is too much gold, iso, premium hero shards, and units to be earned in arena. Plus, four star and five star shards in the rank rewards. Never ignore arena and lower star rated champs. Give it time and most of your champs will be strong enough to keep a streak going. Try to do at least two arenas at the same time. You will be completing various solo events at the same time as an added bonus. This is key to getting premium hero shards which give a duplicate four star champ on occasion which gives 24 tier 4 iso so that you can upgrade your favorite 5 star or 6 star champion. Sell the iso if you are low on gold. Farm resources from the daily events to max out your lower star champs. Side note: Also do the hardest monthly event quest difficulty that you can handle and participate in alliance quests to earn glory. Take a break from arena when you want to do some Act 5/6, variant, abyss, or similar difficulty content.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Member Posts: 792 ★★★
    If you want to win & sell things, I suggest you play eBay.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,481 ★★★★★

If you want to win & sell things, I suggest you play eBay.

I've been playing that game, Amazon. Not very successful.

Only, it's not Kabam telling you what you can and can't do with your stuff. They're saying what you can no longer do with their stuff.

That’s a very myopic and reductive view point - but definitely expected. The whole point of this game has always been about being able to obtain and play with our favorite marvel characters and building our rosters as we see fit. After all, we are the ones paying for crystals, grinding arena and completing content for those champs. Selling champs doesn’t violate ToS in any way. I stand by my statement.

Only, it's not Kabam telling you what you can and can't do with your stuff. They're saying what you can no longer do with their stuff.

That’s a very myopic and reductive view point - but definitely expected. The whole point of this game has always been about being able to obtain and play with our favorite marvel characters and building our rosters as we see fit. After all, we are the ones paying for crystals, grinding arena and completing content for those champs. Selling champs doesn’t violate ToS in any way. I stand by my statement.
    It's not myopic at all. There's no creativity or imagination involved when it comes to facts. We don't own our Accounts, or the Champs in them. We are permitted, whether for free or by leasing with purchases, to use it. It in fact belongs to Kabam. So when someone exerts their right to do with their property as they choose, it is worth noting that it's not their property, or their right. Bottom line is, selling has always been bad for Accounts.

It's not myopic at all. There's no creativity or imagination involved when it comes to facts. We don't own our Accounts, or the Champs in them. We are permitted, whether for free or by leasing with purchases, to use it. It in fact belongs to Kabam. So when someone exerts their right to do with their property as they choose, it is worth noting that it's not their property, or their right. Bottom line is, selling has always been bad for Accounts.
    What is or isn’t bad for an individual’s account shouldn’t be decided by you, me or Kabam, which was the whole point of my original response. That conclusion has nothing to do with whether Kabam should stop allowing ppl to tune their roster as they see fit. The “fact” it’s Kabam’s game and they can do whatever they want doesn’t negate my points, hence, stating that “fact” as an answer to my response is MYOPIC AND REDUCTIVE.
    What is or isn't good for the Account is DIRECTLY dictated by Kabam. It's their product, and the health of it is not only their business, it's their work. I'm not sure what leads you to believe that it's some type of infringement to be told what to do, but welcome to adulthood my friend. Everywhere in life there are things we have to do whether we like it or not.
  • Kabam ZanzibarKabam Zanzibar Moderator Posts: 647
    This thread appears to be heading towards the same toxic path the last 'bring back selling Champions' thread went down, so I'm going to nip this in the bud before it gets any more heated. The reasons behind removing this feature have already been detailed here.
This discussion has been closed.