**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My journey to thronebreaker

24012401 Posts: 47
It all started on the august of 2020 months ago where I decided to get back into the game. I had left because my game was crashing way too much and was unplayable but after getting an apple device I gave the game another shot.

This was my account shortly after I started again. My 1st 5* was kingpin and warlock was my second. At this point I was uncollected but nowhere near cavalier. It would be a long while before I would get there.

f

Fast forward to a month after and my 5* roster was expanding rapidly. I was opening up 5*s every week or so but not many of them were good. However shortly after I rank 4'd my warlock and opened my 1st 6*, things would take a turn for the better...

6* Hulkbuster
5* Archangel
5* Human torch.

ALL IN A ROW.

With these new champions I rank 5'd warlock and jumped into act 6. It was really really easy with my roster depth. I was able to do the entire 1st chapter in just 1 revive on ultron.

From this point on, I would ignore rest of act 6 for the better part of the year and as a newly cavaliered player I was able to increase the rate of 6*s I got. I opened one pretty much every month and they were all meh or bad such as unduped namor. He is decent but not anything I would use over the various powerful 5*s I had. However, this streak of bad luck would end on my 7th. 6* Ghost. No way. I couldn't believe my eyes. This would help me out a ton on remainder of act 6.

I decided to hop into act 6.2. I used 2 revives on Mr. Sinister with my unduped r4 hyperion. Everyone else other than champion was done itemless. The champion would prove to be a difficult opponent though. I ended up trying out with r4 claire and got him to last phase but then got my ass handed to me on the last phase. I tried a new strategy using my 5* r5 unduped guardian and it was my best decision ever. Ended up soloing him till 10% and cleaned up with AA.

Remember when I said using guardian for 6.2 champion was my best decision ever? Scratch that. Opening a featured for my 9th 6* was my best decision because I ended up duping my ghost.

I did 6.3 marathorn style with the newfound power of 6* awakened ghost. I ended up spending 3 revives on CAPIW as I didn't have hood.

The next big challenge stared me in the face. The grandmaster. I played really well for the better part of 6.4. I ended up soloing everyone but the grandmaster. Notable choices are guardian for hydra adaptoid.

I was finally ready to challenge the grandmaster. I ended up using warlock due to lack of better option and the fight was really fun. I did resets till I got a really solid run on him. I had gotten him to inverted phase without revives and died when he was about 20%. I revived twice to get him to 1% and twice more to kill his final phase. Chose tech t5cc pushing me to 49%. I opened another 6* featured not expecting much. And I for sure didnt expect this.

My 10th 6* was a cosmic ghost rider.

Moving swiftly on. I completed act 7 right after I did act 6 and no tech t5cc. I opened a 6* featured and got cable. No apocalypse so a bit of a dud. I spent the rest of my efforts on exploring act 7. It was really fun and not too difficult. I got it done in about a week and the 6* nexus was... underwhelming, to say the least.

After an insane streak of ghost (ebony maw) , ghost and CGR I got a nexus of AEgon, Doctor Strange, and Bishop. I chose AEgon. Not of much service unduped, unfortunately. At this point I was pretty frustrated with my t5cc luck. After choosing 25% from 7.1 and getting tech from caveq nexus I was at about 86% t5cc and decided to 100% V7. No tech.

I got 10% tech from seq and decided to marathorn CEQ in 2 days. I did and... there it was. My first t5cc. Beautiful. After double, triple, quadruple and quintuple checking I didnt pick the wrong class, I choose tech and rank 3'd my ghost.

Part of why I rushed TB was because I wanted to try out the new catrinas challenges. I heard the mystic dispersed was the easiest so I saved up a few units and gave it a go. Most of my units were spent on energy on retries because I took the BPCW longer path. However, I decided to give the shorter OG Spidey path a go and quaked spidey no issues. Used g2099 for the rest of the path. Before i knew it, mordo was down.

My 18th and 19th 6*s awaited. And I could not have asked for better.

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Nice!
  • Options
    SidbelieberSidbelieber Posts: 32
    It's been 4 years and I'm still not throne breaker
    I don't play aw and aq
    And I don't go for units
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Awesome!
  • Options
    Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Posts: 154 ★★
    Wow, a very inspiring story.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    congrats
  • Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    Way to go @2401 !!
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Grats
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Your 6* luck is wild lol. I also duped my ghost the same way but damn, CGR!?! And apoc!?! Insanity
  • Options
    SilverHavocSilverHavoc Posts: 33
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Congo. Now I know where all my luck went.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    This is a pretty inspiring fast progression story. Maybe you can share a bit more how you tackle the GM fight. Thanks.