**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

7.2 Exploration Guide

ZahidZahid Posts: 49
Hey everyone. I recently finished exploring the new chapter of act 7 and thought I’d share some of my tips and thoughts for the paths while it’s still fresh for me. I know I explored it incredibly quickly so that should give you an idea of how fun this content is (and also how much free time I’ve had the past few days hahaha).

I’m not going to go too much in detail on individual fights since there’s way too many fights to cover but I’ll list some champs which worked particularly well for me personally. For reference, I did the entire exploration with suicides on so if you’re a permanent suicides user, you don’t need to worry too much about changing up your masteries. There’s definitely some fights where it’d help to have suicides off but it wasn’t worth the swap for me since most paths were itemless, besides energy refills.
The champs that I’ll be listing are the champs that I personally used and that is a very small handful of the champs which can work. 7.2 gives you a ton of freedom of who you can use which is one of the things I loved about it. I’m glad to say I didn’t use Quake for a single fight in 7.2 at all which is a nice change from pre nerf act 6 exploration where I had to use her in the majority of the paths. Feel free to share below what champs you personally used for some of the paths and bosses!

1. Bullet Time, Ebb and Flow Knockdown, Bleed Vulnerability

Champs that worked well: Nick Fury, Ghost, Archangel, Magneto

Thoughts on the path: So this node bullet time was on a recent cavalier event quest boss (or maybe it’s the current one?) so I was already somewhat familiar with it. I found parrying and building up to roughly 15-20 charges and then dexing gives a super long stun where you’ll be able to take most opponents down; just remember to knock them down first to remove the protection. Half the path is metal making Magneto pretty solid, and he usually will turn the protection node off making the fights go by quickly. Symbiote Supreme on the path caused the most problems since if you use the bullet time node, you’ll have to dex and gain a precision which will usually get nullified by him. If I did that fight again, I’d probably bring a nullify immune champ like Thing or Crossbones with synergy.

2. Superiority: Paragon (#Hero), Rise Above, Flail, Clapback, Ebb and Flow – Heavy

Champs that worked well: Claire, Magneto, Human Torch, Angela

Thoughts on the path: This was a pretty straightforward path which Human Torch makes light work of. Clapback places any debuff you place on the opponent onto you as well, so you can build to super high smoulders pretty easily. Claire works similarly with being able to cycle your specials quickly.

3. Juggling Act – Cold Snap/Incinerate, Energy Adoption: Ice and Fire, Blood in the Water, Stun Vulnerability

Champs that worked well: Ghost, Magneto (vs Stryfe), Angela

Thoughts on the path: Any time I saw energy adoption my mind would jump straight to Ghost since she ends the fights insanely quickly. So if you have a Ghost, then you’ll have a fun time on this path. The fights I didn’t use Ghost for on the path were Professor X (I used max sig Angela) and Stryfe. I realized the incinerate and coldsnap from the nodes are actually pretty negligible and if you have willpower on, you can pretty much use anyone.

4. Intervention: Fury, Tyranny, Power Shield

Champs that worked well: Magneto, Doom, Ghost

Thoughts on the path: Only villains can gain power so you wanna use villain champs since there’s a power shield node too. Ghost as usual dominates this, most fights are over after one sp2 (from a rank 3 6*, I imagine a rank 5 5* would be similar). There’s a few metal champs on this path which I used Magneto for, one sp2 and you’re hitting more than 400-500k and they’re down.

5. Superiority: Paragon (#Hero), Superconductor, Static Blast, Flare

Champs that worked well: Warlock, Colossus, Angela

Thoughts on the path: This path had this node superconductor which gives your attackers resistance to power burn, drain and steal with an armour up which pretty much counters the static blast node. You get extra resistance potency if you use #Hero champs. There’s a Domino and Havok on the path so I went for Warlock here. You can basically use anyone on the path thanks to flare, but try and only use champs with class advantage and the degen won’t kill you even after the full duration.

6. Counter Tactics, Release Valve, Foresight, Unblockable Specials

Champs that worked well: Ghost, Wasp, Nick, Angela

Thoughts on the path: Release valve nicely counters counter tactic so you don’t need to really worry about it. Foresight is one of the nodes which rewards a big passive fury when you intercept so naturally Ghost dominated it as usual. There is a Killmonger and Ebony Maw on the path so I’d recommend keeping them in mind when choosing your team. Specials are unblockable which isn’t a problem since most champs on the path have easy specials to dex, but be careful about pushing Elsa and Ebony Maw to their sp2s.

Bosses

Magneto (Moth to the Flame, Power Buildup, Spite, Aggressive, Unblockable Specials) x1

Champs that worked well: Human Torch

Strategy for the boss: Nova flames on and make sure to keep Fervor charges up by keeping the distance closed between you and him. Avoid dexing when possible and bait sp1 as much as you can.

Modok (Stampede, Defective Defense, Spectre of Ailment, Aggressive, Shock Immunity) x4

Champs that worked well: Magneto, Nick

Strategy for the boss: easy oneshot every time with Magneto playing the normal way, build your prowess up and let off a big sp3 and let the bleed tick him down. I used Nick on one of the runs too who works well. You can pretty much ignore stampede since you won’t be parrying much cause of defective defense, so I reckon any champ who can ignore autoblock would work well.

Moleman (Fight or Flight, Bleed Vulnerability, Foresight, Incinerate Immunity, No Hit-M…ercy 3) x1

Champs that worked well: Nick

Strategy for the boss: Bleed vulnerability is a node that calls for Nick, easy fight with him. First bit of the fight is a little slow since he’ll be shrugging off your debuffs but once he’s in frenzy, it becomes straightforward. End your combos on a light and you’re good to go. I’d recommend going into the second life of Nick and getting unblockable so you don’t have to worry about hitting his block and him going unstoppable.

Comments

• Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    Awesome guide, Zahid! Thanks for posting this
  • Well written. bookmarked.
  • ZahidZahid Posts: 49
    @Fear_of_Clowns2099 thank you, I appreciate that!
    Even if only a few people can find some use in my guide, then I’m happy :)
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    It is a good guide. I would suggest AA or Apocalypse, ST w/KM or any bleed heavy mutant do even better against 7.2.1 Moleman because of decreased shrug off chance.
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    gforcefan said:

It is a good guide. I would suggest AA or Apocalypse, ST w/KM or any bleed heavy mutant do even better against 7.2.1 Moleman because of decreased shrug off chance.

Apoc is built for that fight honestly. But I used Ghost and did it pretty easily, b/c of foresight. I love that node.
  • BollandBolland Posts: 75 ★★★
    edited May 2021
    Potentially a stupid question but do you have to defeat all 3 bosses in each chapter for 100% exploration of that quest? Great write up by the way, thank you.
    Bolland said:

Potentially a stupid question but do you have to defeat all 3 bosses in each chapter for 100% exploration of that quest? Great write up by the way, thank you.

Not a stupid question at all! You need to beat each boss at least once for exploration and then you can pick what bosses you want to do out of the three for the last 3 times. I put the amount I took each boss next to the boss (for example there’s a x4 next to the Punisher 2099 boss and only x1 for the others).

Best of luck!
  • BollandBolland Posts: 75 ★★★
    Zahid said:

Bolland said:

Not a stupid question at all! You need to beat each boss at least once for exploration and then you can pick what bosses you want to do out of the three for the last 3 times. I put the amount I took each boss next to the boss (for example there’s a x4 next to the Punisher 2099 boss and only x1 for the others).

Best of luck!
    Thanks my dude!
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Perfect! This is exactly what I’m looking for to help plan my legends run! Thanks!

Perfect! This is exactly what I’m looking for to help plan my legends run! Thanks!

Awesome, I hope it goes well for you!