**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7.2 Magneto Help

I need some help on the 7.1.2 Red Mags fight. I have Torch but he's ko'ed right now. Are there any other good counters to him?
Roster:

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Spider Gwen is a very underrated counter for any time there's unblockable specials. If you get 3 or more of her spider charges (i think it's 3) she has a 100% chance to evade unblockable specials as long as you aren't blocking. Which means you can just let go of block and she will automatically evade for you
  • Options
    Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    edited May 2021

Spider Gwen is a very underrated counter for any time there's unblockable specials. If you get 3 or more of her spider charges (i think it's 3) she has a 100% chance to evade unblockable specials as long as you aren't blocking. Which means you can just let go of block and she will automatically evade for you

Okay, great! Any other tips or champs? Does Prof X work for this? I have him in the quest right now
  • Options

Okay, great! Any other tips or champs? Does Prof X work for this? I have him in the quest right now
    I haven't done it yet to be honest, I'm one step away from fighting him at the moment just waiting on energy. But I brought my Spidergwen for him, as it seems to be a straightforward enough fight.

Since Mags is Psychic shielded, Prof X will lose more power against him, as if he's fighting a tech champion. I also believe with the node Mags has, you don't want to be throwing too many specials or you degen.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    I see void, I myself used him after HT died to unblocked sp2..
    Take fight slow, get one petrify and the fight is a breeze.
  • Options

I haven't done it yet to be honest, I'm one step away from fighting him at the moment just waiting on energy. But I brought my Spidergwen for him, as it seems to be a straightforward enough fight.

Since Mags is Psychic shielded, Prof X will lose more power against him, as if he's fighting a tech champion. I also believe with the node Mags has, you don't want to be throwing too many specials or you degen.

I see void, I myself used him after HT died to unblocked sp2..
    Take fight slow, get one petrify and the fight is a breeze.

Okay got it. Thanks everyone. I'll try it out with either Void or Spidergwen.
  • Options
    @Fear_of_Clowns2099

I'm not exaggerating when I say this, but that was one of the easiest boss fights I've ever done. While it may be a little longer with Gwen, she takes every tough part of the fight and utterly removes it. I'm gonna upload it to youtube a little later, I'll post it in this thread when it's up :)
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/NUgmmcoCJWQ

Here it is! Her enervate means Mags throws less specials, and once you have 3 spider charges, you actually have over a 100% chance to evade all unblockable specials. That’s right, no need to dex Mags at all.

After the first 3 charges, I do not dex a single special. She’s great!

Also, you’ll notice at some point I actually end up behind Mags’ hit box, and his sp1 goes right past me. You can see the metal projectile during my sp3 about 2/3s of the way through.
  • Options

https://youtu.be/NUgmmcoCJWQ

Here it is! Her enervate means Mags throws less specials, and once you have 3 spider charges, you actually have over a 100% chance to evade all unblockable specials. That’s right, no need to dex Mags at all.

After the first 3 charges, I do not dex a single special. She’s great!

Also, you’ll notice at some point I actually end up behind Mags’ hit box, and his sp1 goes right past me. You can see the metal projectile during my sp3 about 2/3s of the way through.

Awesome video, I managed to get him down in 2 revives. For some reason, I hated this fight and will not be doing it again lol
  • Options
    Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    I one shot him with human torch
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Magik works super well